Well, according to the popular test, this is my arcana...
Hi there! And thanks for taking the time to come here. I am known as Sturm the Dark (lame, I know) across the internet, and I have a large umbrella of hobbies and interests, but on balance mainly gaming, gambling (well, sort of) and of course, TV Tropes. You may have seen me in these places:
On TV Tropes I mainly edit pages/Wiki Walk
, but also visit the forums quite often to chat, have a coffee, talk about life, etc.
open/close all folders
- I have played (and completed) the following games:
- I am currently playing/in the process of completing:
- Aside from gaming (and TV Tropes), I quite like spending time on YouTube and listening to music. I prefer listening to soundtracks from games I've played and not much "mainstream" music - not because I don't hate all music out there today (although there are, obviously, exceptions), but game music has a real background to it. For example, I enjoy listening to individual characters' Leitmotifs and seeing how it represents their personality.
- Aside from gaming, TV Tropes and YouTube, I am moderately interested in poker (specifically Texas Hold 'Em, but gradually developing an interest in other forms as well) and by all means no professional, but I enjoy watching the high-stakes games when they're on, and obviously playing the game itself. Again, feel free to say anything about poker in the section below - as a pre-warning, I know relatively little about the mathematics of the game (not much beyond basic statistics and calculations), but I do know quite a few professional poker players from the high-stakes games, so feel free to talk about them.
- Aside from gaming, TV Tropes, YouTube and poker, other random interests include TV comedy (e.g. Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Mock the Week and QI), badminton, humorous books, Friends, drama, documentaries (especially science and history ones), and, er...Kim Possible. There, I said it.
- This was originally in the "Interests" section, but I decided it needed a folder of its own. So here's my personal list of Awesome Music. Although you might find some of this music less enjoyable than I do (probably because you won't have come across the character/scene/etc. it's played in - see the "interests" section for details), there's still some amazing stuff below, covering a wide variety of musical genres.
Tropes that describe me
- Broken Bird: Previously. A male example, but only in and around school. Induced by my school life in general. Now though, those days are gone and I sure hope they never return!
- Jack-of-All-Trades / Red Mage: My preferred class/playing style in games that have it, as well as in Real Life to some extent with school.
- Large Ham: My public speaking/presentation style has often been described as this.
- Limited Wardrobe: Oh so much...
- Relative Error: A certain incident of this eventually reached the deputy head!
- Snark Knight: Hate to admit it, but I was for a certain period of time. Now the glass is half-full rather than half-empty!
- The Fettered: Honestly, if I ever feel I have done something wrong, I can't even sleep without feeling guilty about it. I also absolutely hate arguing and often try to reach a compromise in most arguments rather than simply arguing my point of view - honestly, why argue pointlessly for hours on end and not even reach a viable conclusion? (rant over)
Tropes that other Tropers think describe me
- Feel free to add to this list.
- If you have been wondering what my avatar is, it's a tarot card called "The World", and numbered as XXI or 21 in most decks. Here's a helpful link when it comes to understanding more if you're interested (you shouldn't be!).
- I was introduced to tarot cards through Persona 4, and briefly looked at each card's meaning since they have a large role in the game. Of course, playing the game also tells you a lot about what each card represents and so on, especially with all the symbolism, themes, motifs, contrasts and juxtapositions (blah blah blah etc. etc.) present in the game. Don't you just love literary analysis?
- In case you hadn't noticed already, yes, I am English (although genetically I'm half-Chinese, half-English). I'm currently in Year 12 or Sixth Form (Grade 13 for Americans) and studying four "A-levels". I first went to a private school, before going to a "Faith School" and now a grammar school, which has been interesting, to say the least. Again, feel free to ask/say anything about this in the form of vandalism - I'm actually quite interested in the differences between schools across the world.
- Do I like England? Meh. Well, I can at least say most of the English stereotypes I've seen are pretty untrue (the US stereotypes anyway) - mainly because they describe the 1950s rather than 2010s - but modern Britain is probably just as amusing. Gradually, the latter is becoming more prominent with figures like Boris Johnson...
- Koji Kondo is awesome.
Activity on TV Tropes
This is a record of the major things I have contributed to the wiki. This does not include things like adding an example or two, but does include things like adding multiple examples, writing reviews, adding images or significantly changing a trope's description.
- No More Heroes: Added images for the 10 assassins and Jeane (now changed, but I'm more than happy with the current images).
- Lily Allen: Added a couple of paragraphs describing her early life and singer/songwriter ability.
- God Hand: Added images for Gene, Olivia, the Four Devas and Mr. Gold and Mr. Silver, with some quotes for each character.
Still needs finishing touches.
- Persona 4: Wrote a review.
- Mario Strikers: Launched this page. Desperately needs more information on Super Mario Strikers!
- Kim Possible: Added an image of Bonnie.
- AdventureQuest Worlds: Wrote a review.
- God Hand: Wrote a review.
- Kid Icarus: Uprising: Wrote a review.