Describe SpiriTsunami here.
Likely to run on for long periods of time.
Often leads to Walls of Text
. Please bear with me. Also, apparently doesn't know when to shut up.
So, anyway, the slightly bizarre username is based off of a character I'd RPed for awhile on a now-defunct board. I'm also known as Cyberchao X on fanfiction.net
Trying to cut back on using examples from Dream
, at least while it's still in progress, on the other pages, but since this is my page, I'm going to promote it without shame here. You know, one of these days I'm going to need to come up with a better name for that thing... (This is now linked to the Book of Alania. Both links can be found on the page I created for Dream
here on the wiki—see below.)
Prone to not thinking before acting. If I do something stupid, please feel free to call me on it. note
Also, despite not being from the South
(though I did
live there from May 1993 to May 1994), I'm in favor of the use of the word "y'all" as a second-person plural, since the official English one is exactly the same
as the second-person singular and that's just confusing. It bothers me that some people from that region use it as if it were just a replacement for the word "you" (regardless of singular/plural), because it's a contraction of "you all". This is just another opinion that I feel like putting here.
Currently in the process of writing a college research paper based on a trope. Really. In case you're wondering, it's this one
- You finished with that paper yet? We are interested to read it when it becomes available.
- Ah, I forgot all about that! I'll see if I can remember where I put it...
- Any luck finding it?
- Forgot to look for it. Again.
- It's probably gone for good now with a recent (January 2012) computer crash, but I've got something else to upload that never would've come about if not for TV Tropes introducing me to this wonderful series. (In case you hadn't guessed, I'm extremely pissed off about P5.)
Also, my beloved Lehigh Valley Fire are back on top! See here.
As I mentioned in my summary of Park Place
, I was on the team that won it all in '05.
Recently joined the Troper Dating Service
. Remember, I generally prefer girls my own age or slightly younger. ;)
Tropes that apply to me:
- Deadpan Snarker
- Game of Nerds. To the extreme. Dream has an entire league's worth of teams, one for each MLB team—and mercifully, The Wildcats was averted
- Tear Jerker—I also have a baseball blog at mlblogs.com. You can find it here. I actually start to tear up near the end when I wrote this one, enough of a reaction that I moved something else I was going to put in the blog to an earlier paragraph so it wouldn't get in the way.
- Yuri Fanboy
- Author Avatar—Cyberchao and Cyberchao X
- Ditzy Genius
- Mad Mathematician
- Geek Physiques—Skinny type
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Technicolor Eyes (Hazel? Green? Brown? Blue? All of the above? You tell me.)
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!—That's Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Ooh Shiny, thank you very much!
- Keet—comes with the territory.
- No Ending—Too many fanfics left unfinished. Then there's Dream, which has been more or less continually worked on since January of 2004. There will be an ending. I have no idea what it is.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?—I wouldn't mention it so much if I wasn't so damn effeminate. I'm not a manly man, I realize it. But the sensitive types always win out in the end, damnit!
- Have I Mentioned I Have An Epic Fantasy Story On Fictionpress Today—The Shameless Self-Promotion will only get worse, eventually. Once I've got more reviews for Dream and have gotten closer to putting up the end (either on fictionpress or, hopefully, as a real manga), I've already got a Fanfiction started for it. Yes, a fanfiction of my own work. This actually works because it's a crossover with an established work. So yeah...
- Large Ham
Tsun Kuu Dandere.
Pages that I've started:
Avatar and the Airbending Fellowship of Vampire Slayers
episodes I've recapped:
Other reasons why I rock:
Tropes found in my other main fictionpress work, Conn. A&M
- Foe Yay: The Boston-New York sports rivalry is at the heart of the narrative, even though it's just as much a love story as a sports story. Well, about 50-50.
- Les Yay: And lots of it.
- California University: Averted in the sense that there's no "high school" being continued, and also in that the main characters' high school friends occasionally show up as students of other universities, but applied in that it is totally a fictional university—I made absolutely sure of that before I named it.
- Contrived Coincidence: Since the whole "Boston fan/New York fan" thing was so critical, I just had to have the Giants and Patriots playing in the Super Bowl.
- Latin Lover (Maribel)
- Fiery Redhead (Caroline)
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders (and apparently, so do some girls)
- Naked First Impression: Twice; first when the roommates first meet (Caroline arrived first and was changing in the locked room when Mari arrived with the other key), then when the girls showed up at Maribel's family's Florida vacation house for spring break and found Mari's older brother already there with a girl.
- Naked on Arrival (second example only, as Mari's brother had only briefly been mentioned before the girls walked in on him having sex with a girlfriend that neither of them knew about.)
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: For quite awhile. The two leads start off like a Takahashi Couple and only eventually lighten up.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Maribel's still not willing to admit her feelings. She has sort acknowledged Caroline as an exception.
- Transparent Closet: Averted; no one else seems to suspect either of them of being lesbians (although as I said before, Maribel's "straight with an exception"). Well, okay, there were some suspicions at the Super Bowl party, but those people were too drunk to remember it in the morning.
- Sarcastic Confession: Caroline's "outing herself" when completely falling-down drunk—or rather, doing a damn good impression of drunkenness.
- Author Appeal: Um, hello, yuri? Also, lots of stuff about sports. The character designs were also kind of made with some of my own tastes in mind, although I find that I like Maribel more than Caroline, which goes counter to my expectations.
- Retcon: My procrastination has gotten the best of me, and what was once a fictionalization of what would essentially be the present, but actually slightly into the future, has become the recent past. This means working what I already know about the sporting events (and only tangentially sports-related events, including something a lot like the scene that I'd had in my mind when I conceived this thing) into the continuity. In a purer story-based standpoint, I had to rewrite a chapter after I found that it conflicted with an earlier statement.
Also a contributor to Paranoia Fuel
, Real Life
section, regarding a certain disease