open/close all folders
- The Ace: She was top of her class in House Pierrot, and quickly built a reputation for being an exceptionally strong battler.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Heroic Bastard: Her father is rumored to be from House Vulcan.
- The High Queen
- Modest Royalty
- The Determinator
- Dork Knight
- Friend to Bugs
- Improbable Age: Youngest Knight ever to enter the ranks of the Royal Guard.
- Lethal Joke Character: A Bug Catcher who became a Gym Leader and eventually a Royal Guard through dedicated training.
- Nice Guy
- Sweet Tooth: He is particularly fond of Combee honey for obvious reasons.
- Unknown Rival: Downplayed. While he considers himself Nando's rival and the feeling is mutual, Nando does not take their rivalry as seriously as Aaron does, which is a source of mild frustration for the latter.
- Arch-Enemy: They are not fond of House Tantibus, viewing them as cold Smug Snakes at best and flat-out Token Evil Teammates at worst. The feeling is mutual.
- Big Good: For the kingdom of Sinnoh as a whole.
- Hot-Blooded: Following in the example of their leader Lord Byron, they are very enthusiastic people and it doesn't take much to get them pumped up.
- Idiot Hero: In comparison to their cool-headed and logical Tantibus rivals, their rashness combined with their penchant for heroics makes them very likely to run headlong into sticky situations while trying to perform noble deeds. A common saying among both their allies and enemies is, "A Pierrot's heart is bigger than his brain." Exceptions include Nando and Cynthia.
- Knight in Shining Armor: The classic example.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Low recruitment rates in recent years have forced them to lower their qualification standards a bit. Nevertheless, their rookies and veterans alike make a surprisingly efficient fighting force.
- Stubborn Mule / The Determinator: They are notoriously stubborn and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals.
- Action Dad
- A Father to His Men / Benevolent Boss: He takes the time to learn the names of, and personally interact with, all his soldiers, students and servants.
- Badass Beard
- Big Good
- Bruiser with a Soft Center
- Good Parents
- Parental Substitute: For many of his students, including Cynthia (her father is estranged), Gardenia (her mother is an alcoholic), Nando (he was The Unfavorite in his family and his first mentor turned out to be evil), Riley (his father is always away on business trips) and Aaron (his parents strongly disapprove of his fascination with Bug-types).
- Red-Headed Hero: In his youth. Nowadays it's faded to a more rust-like color.
- Team Dad
- Happily Married
- Heroic Bastard
- Missing Mom: Who turns out to be Lady Ariana of House Lucchese in the Kanto region.
- Red-Headed Hero
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The sensitive guy (along with Nando) to Riley's manly man.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy
- All-Loving Hero
- Break the Cutie
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Genki Girl
- Happily Married
- The Pollyanna
- Tomboy and Girly Girl
- Animal Motifs: He has many wolf- and dog-like traits, notably his strong loyalty to House Pierrot, his ownership of a Lucario, his fascination with night and the full moon, and the leader role he consistently takes in his group of friends (akin to an alpha wolf).
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Blue Is Heroic
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Nice Hat
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The manly man to Roark's and Nando's sensitive guy.
- Undying Loyalty
- All-Loving Hero
- Good Costume Switch: From black Tantibus robes to silver and green Pierrot armor.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Under Byron's tutelage, he learns to weaponize his skills in music.
- Heel–Face Turn: Not that it was very hard.
- Morality Pet: For Tobias, and to a lesser extent Byron and Riley.
- Musical Assassin
- Nice Guy
- Odd Friendship:
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: He and Roark are the sensitive guys to Riley's manly man.
- Shrinking Violet: As a teenager.
- Token Good Teammate: During his time in House Tantibus.
Queen CynthiaFormer member of House Pierrot. See "Royal Court" folder for tropes involving her.
Sir AaronCurrently serving in the Royal Guard. See "Royal Court" folder for tropes involving him.
- Arch-Enemy: Their opinion of House Pierrot ranges from "bumbling but good-natured idiots" to "destructive maniacs".
- Jerkass: Many of their most notorious members are murderers, criminals, evil overlords in the making, politicians, and just any number of generally unpleasant people.
- Bad Powers, Bad People
- Big Bad
- Broken Pedestal: Nando's once-unshakable loyalty to him started to crack when he realized how far his mentor was willing to go in the name of imposing his reign, and was shattered when Tobias turned all of House Sanguinem into his brainwashed clone army.
- Dark Is Evil
- Darth Vader Clone
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones:
- He loved his protégé Nando like a son, to the extent of continuing to display concern for his well-being even after Nando (reluctantly) left his side and joined forces with his arch-enemy Lord Byron. It should be noted that Tobias' usual reaction to significant failure on his subordinates' part is usually incandescent rage followed by swift execution.
- To a lesser extent, he is shown to treat his Darkrai and Latios well, though this could just be Pragmatic Villainy at work as they're strong enough to turn on and overpower him if they decide they aren't happy with their accommodations.
- Mind Rape: His Darkrai has this as an explicit power. He later reveals that years of training combined with constant exposure to Darkrai eventually gave him similar abilities.
- Pals with Jesus: He has Darkrai and Latios, naturally.