Tropers / Shadic The Hedgehog
Describe Shadic The Hedgehog
I'll give it a shot, then. My name is, for the purposes of editing tropes, Shadic the Hedgehog. It's pronounced like "Shade-ic" by the way, I tend to do odd pronunciations a lot. I also tend to spell things the British way, even though I'm a born-and-raised American. I've got an account on fanfiction.net
, where I had to add "Author" to the end of my name because someone else apparently had it, and for some reason they won't let me change it, even though I can't find the other guy with my name.
As for anything else, I have what is known as Asperger's Syndrome
(I always try to pronounce the first "s" like a "z" just to keep immature jokes at bay. Doesn't always work). My obsessions are Anime
, and writing. I have since narrowed this category down to "stories in general." Currently trying to
finish up my first story, A Step Onto Chronos, on fanfiction.net
write several stories at once on fanfiction.net, but also trying to start up an original novel series called "Origin" with each book having a title afterwords like "Book of Water" or "Book of Life," which would make the whole title of one of the books, "Origin: Book of Water."
I also adore heat and darkness, with my favourite colours being black and red. For completely unrelated reasons, I assure you. I like darkness because I'm photosensitive (or is it the other way around?), and I like Black and Red because Shadow the Hedgehog
is one of my favourite protagonist characters and Kefka
is both my favourite and my most hated video game character. I'm also a firm believer in Dark Is Not Evil
and Light Is Not Good
, so I tend to refer to good and evil as "spiritual" Light and Darkness, and the aforementioned tropes with "physical" light and darkness.
Due to my love of darkness (and the fact that I pop my collars up whenever possible), my best friend's friends have taken to calling me "Dracula
" or "Drac" for short. After mentioning this at work one day (McDonald's at the time, btw), one of the managers decided to tell everyone else. Not that I mind, since two of my top ten characters are related to Dracula. First, there's Master Alucard
who is Dracula
, then Lord Alucard
who is the Dhampyr son of Dracula
My goal in life is to become a Voice Actor
. Whether for anime or games or just plain old American cartoons makes no difference. I just want to play a part.
I tend to get easily distracted by this site, making it a bit of an Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
for me, but I'm working on it. Which is why I'm making a contributor page.
I'm on the Troper Dating Service
page, and the relevant pages of Troper Demographics
and Where Are You From?
Tropes what apply to me (so far as I can tell):
- All of the Other Reindeer: Being a rather geeky nerd-type in school (even in elementary/grade school), I tended to be picked on a lot. At first, I got mad, nowadays I just ignore it.
- Apologizes a Lot: But only when I know I've done something I should apologize for. I also tend to over-punish myself when I've done something stupid.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: As noted above, I'm occasionally easily distracted, usually by a good book, game, anime, or something similar.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I'm normally fairly gentle and subservient, but when I get mad...
- Big Eater: Though it would probably help if I ate more often.
- Born in the Wrong Century: If I were transported back in time to somewhen like the Rennaisance Age or Victorian Era, I'd probably be able to fit in easily enough. I'd really just miss technology a lot, but I can cope well without it.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: For certain values of "brilliant."
- Catch Phrase: "That's your fault." (Occasionally becomes "That's my fault.")
- Also, occasionally, "Proud to be Weird."
- Semi-Maniacal Not-At-All-Evil Laugh: I scare people with my laughter.
- Famous Ancestor: Maybe. On my maternal grandfather's side, I could be related to Rob Roy MacGregor.
- Forgets to Eat: Or, occasionally, Too Lazy To Cook Something To Eat.
- Freaky Is Cool: Bordering on Nightmare Fetishist.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: But sometimes, Grampa doesn't get it.
- Humble Hero
- I Am What I Am, and even if I don't entirely know who I am.
- Ignore the Fan Service: Only if it gets in the way of the story.
- Insists on Paying
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Asperger Syndrome, anyone?
- Leaning on the Furniture: Or Thin Air, for comedic reasons.
- Literal Mindedness: Just for Fun
- Mathematician's Answer: Common to my family.
- Neutral Good
- Nice to the Waiter
- The Nicknamer: I've nicknamed quite a few people at work. And most of the time, they know who I'm talking about without my having to explain.
- No Smoking. Period.
- Not So Stoic: I have moments of manic energy, but otherwise...
- Popular Is Dumb: More like Being Popular Is Dumb.
- Rhymes on a Dime: when I feel like it.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: It took me around five years to finish writing A Step Onto Chronos. And I now have, like, five other stories I'm working on right now.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Not as often as I used to, though.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: To help me confuse people. And I spelled it without looking it up, too!
- Shorter Means Smarter/Faster: Averted. I'm of average height, but when I was young I wanted to be short because Sonic the Hedgehog was short and fast.
- Smart People Play Chess: Does it matter if I lose half the time?
- Somebody Else's Problem: I almost seem to have my own personal SEP Field, which is both helpful and annoying.
- Stroke the Beard: Half the reason I have one.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Chicken. And Pizza. Oh, and I Like Spam!
- Undying Loyalty: Caused me some trouble when my ex-fiancee broke up with me, and it took me a couple weeks to cope.
(To Be Updated, maybe.)
Series I enjoy:
- Ah! My Goddess
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Ben 10
- Card Captor Sakura
- The Cat Returns
- Chrono Trigger
- Danny Phantom
- Doctor Who (Though I still have to see Classic Who)
- Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
- Fallout 3
- Fate/stay night
- Final Fantasy (Mystic Quest, Tactics Advance/A2, I, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and Dissidia)
- Fireball 20XL
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Full Metal Panic!
- The Gamers
- Harry Potter
- Kingdom Hearts (I own every game of KH that's come out in America.)
- Legend of Zelda (A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time (+3D), Majora's Mask, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass)
- Lord of the Rings
- Love Hina
- Mahou Sensei Negima!
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Phineas and Ferb
- Ranma ˝
- Read or Die
- Sailor Moon (Don't laugh!)
- The Slayers
- Stargate SG-1
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Tales of Symphonia
- Teen Titans
- Tenchi Muyo!
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
- Van Dread
- YuYu Hakusho