I am the author of Eclipse.
Tropes that apply to me
- American Accents: Floridian, definitely. For those that don't know the distinction, I pronounce "Florida" like "FLOOR-ih-duh" instead of "FLAR-duh", and "oar-enj" instead of "ahr-unge" for Orange. "Fore-ehn" instead of "fahr-ehn."
- Audio Erotica: I've been told that I have a fairly deep voice.
- Author Appeal
- Berserk Button: I'm very vindictive, and I have a very hard time respecting other peoples' opinions (because I know they won't ever respect mine), so I have plenty of berserk buttons.
- First and foremost, do not call me Sero. I have a full name, and it is "Serocco." Do your part to remember that.
- I don't like seeing people talk negatively about my favorite characters.
- The very phrase "Koch brother" infuriates me.
- Wall Street.
- The Illuminati. Not the real ones - they were fairly good people. I'm talking about the age-old conspiracy theory about the All-Seeing Eye, the New World Order, the One World Government, and the Illuminati. Shut up with that shit and start focusing on the real issue of our day - money in politics.
- Congress. There's a reason it has a 5% approval rating in America, never mind everywhere else.
- The Pentagon. Always concerned about using its new toys, despite said toys never actually working.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: I always surprise people at how suddenly I can turn into a prick.
- Bi the Way: More like bi-curious; I recognize good looks when I see them, but I prefer women. Including animated women.
- Blue and Orange Morality: I've been told that I have such a thing by friends and family members alike.
- Broken Pedestal: I suffered from these a lot in my early life.
- Buxom Is Better: Certainly with me, though curves, Sexy Back and Baby Got Back are just as fine.
- Card-Carrying Villain: I relish in the ability to get people to see me as an asshole. I love seeing people squirm at my unpleasantness.
- Cassandra Truth: My fearmongering over drones and the slashes to the social programs? Yeah, look where that's taken everyone.
- Catch Phrase: Plenty, like "Don't judge me."
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Sometimes.
- Early-Bird Cameo: This happens a lot of the time. For example, before I started following Pardon The Interruption, I heard Wilbon narrate the story of Jeremy Lin on Ti Vo. Lin was the guy that sparked my interest in basketball, actually, so when I was tuning in to see how he does against Miami, it was that video where I first saw Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, Amar'e Stoudemire and Paul Pierce. I already heard of Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and Kobe Bryant, but it wasn't until the 2012 playoffs that I knew what they were about.
- Ethical Slut: At least, I agree with the sentiment.
- Fanboy: Major one towards Haineko, Rukia Kuchiki, Misaki Ayuzawa and Merry Nightmare.
- Fatal Flaw: I end up alienating a lot of people who were my friends, because I pestered them over whether they wanted to chat now, asked a series of personal questions that made them uncomfortable, actually Kick the Dog because of my temper, or blow up at them for petty reasons and took it way too far. The first and fourth scenarios applied to both Kilgore Trout and Shirow Shirow on this very website. The worst part is that, while I often hate how that happens, I ultimately don't care enough to change my ways. I don't see a need for me to change for friends that won't talk to me anymore.
- He's Got Legs
- Hidden Depths: All right, I actually like being called Sero. Many of my friends called me by that, but they're all gone now. As much as I'd like to be called Sero again, I don't think any of my current or future associates would ever live up to the sheer loyalty my past friends gave me. Sero is like a sacred holdover from mid 2010-early 2011, when I had said past friends. It was a short time, but a huge time for me, because it made me who I am now. Calling me Sero without being one of those friends is an insult now.
- Intergenerational Friendship: You'll be surprised at how much this applies to me. When I was 15, I had this arrangement with my private school teacher (in his 40s), a 31-year old that I view to be my brother (and vice versa), and there was a 29 year old woman that I love almost as much as I love a sister. Just off the top of my head.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Inverted. I have a Heart Of Gold at the end of the day, and I'm mostly a Niceguy, but when I Kick the Dog, I Kick the Dog.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Rather perverted; I'm very curious about the sex lives of my friends, I have a blatant interest in anime girls and I can be quite the flirt at times.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Yes, despite the above trope, I respect most of the women that I know personally, especially friends of mine. I can even be quite the gentlemen if need be.
- Might Makes Right: Of course. I'm always a believer in using violence when needed. When you threaten peoples' lives, that makes them a lot more agreeable to your views.
- Mr. Fanservice: A goal of mine.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: I definitely subscribe to this sentiment.
- Platonic Life Partners: With a girl one year older than me.
- Slasher Smile: I can produce a particularly creepy one, according to my family. I'm rather proud of this. :3
- Social Darwinist: Particularly towards those who are more well-off. If you don't earn your right to keep your privileges, you don't deserve those privileges. Looking at you, Koch Industries. You didn't earn your wealth; you were born into it, and you do not deserve it. You force others not to have a chance at being better off, so you do not deserve to be at the top as a result.
- Would Hit a Girl: And have, before. I find it rather sexist to think that women are somehow "above" being hit if they hit.