Tropers / Sapphire Blue
Hi, I'm SapphireBlue. I'm a grad student in my mid-20s aiming for a degree in library and information science. I joined this site in high school after lurking for a while, and I've been here ever since. It's a really fun site to browse, and I enjoy being a part of it.
As far as the forums go, I'm most active in the video games, fanfiction, writer's block, and worldbuilding sections, as well as a few of the "just for fun" sections. Sometimes I'll go to the anime/manga section if there's something in particular I'm watching or reading, and occasionally I'll poke around the literature section. I'd probably use the visual arts section more, but it's so slow
I can also be found on these sites:
Archive of Our Own
Basically I go by Corovera everywhere except here, since I don't know if it's possible to change my name, and I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort.
90% of my taste in video games can be summed up as "JRPGs and Nintendo." The rest is all over the place. I love good stories in games, but I don't consider them a requirement - how much I expect of a game's story is proportional to how much emphasis the game places on it. Most of the books I read are fantasy, but I'm trying to expand my tastes, and I enjoy plenty of other things as well. I do some manga reading and anime watching as well, along with other cartoons if they look like something I'd enjoy.
Tropes that apply to me in some form:
- Apologizes a Lot: Bad habit. Working on it.
- Asperger's Syndrome: Was officially diagnosed in early high school - they thought it was just ADHD before that. I've made a lot of progress over time, but I'm still somewhat socially awkward and have issues with stuff like anxiety and emotional regulation.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Not as much nowadays, since I'm making an effort to focus on one or two projects at a time.
- Bookworm: Less so than I was as a child, but I still love reading. I just don't do it as often as I used to.
- Brainy Brunette
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I probably would've had straight A's in school if it were all about doing good work and understanding the material. Unfortunately, my time management skills leave much to be desired, although they're a lot better than they used to be. "Lazy" isn't quite the right word, all things considered, but it's not entirely wrong, either.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Not always, but I have my moments.
- Cool Big Sis: To two younger brothers, although the age difference matters a lot less now that we're all adults. The three of us have always been close, though.
- Diary: I've kept journals consistently since middle school. They usually last a year or two each.
- The Idealist: I tend to see things this way, although I try to balance it with some degree of realism.
- One of the Guys: Not so much nowadays, but I had a lot of male friends when I was a kid. The dynamic is still kinda there with the ones I've stayed friends with.
- Shrinking Violet: At times, especially when the anxiety kicks in.
- Tender Tears: I cry easily. Very easily.
Tropes I particularly like:
Pet peeve tropes: