Greetings, I'm rmctagg09, or Tagg for short. (Pronounced as R-M-C-Tagg-oh-nine
) Basically, I'm a 23 year old science and history geek who plays videogames and is very good at absorbing large amounts of information related to things I like. I'm also a major videogame music enthusiast, with over 90% of what I listen to consisting of videogame soundtracks. I don't talk much, but I do open up to people once I know them long enough. Wiki wise I mainly deal in minor edits and trope additions to existing entries (Though I have managed to create a few works pages as of late), and I'm also a contributor to The Pokédex - Extended Fanon Edition
All vandalism and tropes you think apply to me can be directed to here.
open/close all folders
Tropes Applicable (Because I find it far easier to break down myself this way.)
- All Love Is Unrequited: Both towards and received.
- Allergic to Love: I recently found this to be true about myself when it comes to Love Interests.
- Asperger Syndrome: Diagnosed, for anyone who thinks I'm lying about my mental state.
- Big Eater: I can eat a lot if given the chance.
- Black and Nerdy: Among other things, see Mixed Ancestry.
- Celibate Hero: Of the religious variety, though I am not asexual or aromantic.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Somewhat true of me, though in terms of demeanor I'm far more serious than most examples.
- Conversational Troping: I do it from time to time, though almost no one picks it up.
- Deadpan Snarker: If annoyed but not angry.
- Elevator School: I went to the same school from kindergarten to 8th grade.
- Freaky Is Cool: I like a lot of things that most people consider creepy, like arthropods for instance.
- God Before Dogma: How I try to live as a Christian.
- Grammar Nazi: Though I've gotten better over the years.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: So I've been told.
- Hyper Awareness: A combination of natural curiosity and getting attacked from behind as a teenager has made me this.
- I'm Standing Right Here: People have and will talk about me as if I'm not there. It's kind of annoying, and has lead to me having trust issues.
- Mixed Ancestry: I'm black, Scottish, Chinese, Jewish, Amerindian, and probably a bunch of other things that are locked deep inside my genepool.
- Motor Mouth: When I actually feel like talking, though it doesn't translate into text.
- Mr. Imagination: I'm a pretty big daydreamer. From what I've read for Aspies this isn't too unusual.
- Neutral Good: If the alignment test is to be believed, so of course, YMMV.
- Oblivious to Love: I tend not to notice that someone is interested in me unless I'm told or it's blatantly obvious.
- Only Sane Man: It certainly seems like it at times, though I don't think it's by much.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: I have a large vocabulary and use it fairly often, but it's a very rare occasion that I get to show precisely how verbose I truly am due to a combination of my laconic nature and the fact that most people I know wouldn't understand what I was saying.
- Sophisticated as Hell: I'll admit that despite my vocabulary and large knowledge pool, I have a rather foul mouth when angry and can have a rather crude sense of humor.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: I often do it without even trying.
- The Smart Guy: I seem to take on this role amongst my peers no matter where I go.
- The Southpaw: I'm left handed.
- The Quiet One: Overlaps somewhat with The Stoic, but not completely. When I was a child, people mistook me for a mute at times, though at one point I actually was one.
- Strong Family Resemblance: With my father.
- Wild Card: My views often lead me to take different sides of debates since they're so disparate that often enough I rarely meet people whose views completely match my own, though I'm mostly liberal.
- Younger Than They Look/Older Than They Look: Zigzagged. People tend to look at me and think that I'm younger than I actually am, but my demeanor can also make people think I'm older than I actually am.
Tropes that have appeared in my writing
- Author Appeal: Most of my main characters tend to have jobs as scientists and/or historians, or the equivalent thereof.
Articles I've Started or Written
Stuff I like
open/close all folders
Videogames I like (by series)
Live Action TV