We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
This Troper is a college student whose home and university are on opposite coasts.
Favorite series and franchises are:
This Troper has demonstrated, to varying extents, the following tropes:
- Bavarian Fire Drill - How to get people to do what I want them to? Form a group and put them in it. And be the first to volunteer for anything. And now that I work at Habitat for Humanity, my donning the apron means I can tell people to do anything as long as the foreman is not around.
- Berserk Button: When someone says that a certain group of people are not important, or that capitalism is inevitably good, I get angry. I tell them that the reason I was born in the USA is my mother came here from Chile to escape the tyranny of Pinochet, whom the USA financed, and whose coup was staged to oust Salvador Allende, the first Marxist leader ever elected into power.
- Blind Without 'Em - I have an IQ of 137 and atrocious myopia. Hence my massive glasses.
- Brainy Brunet - IQ of 137, graduated high school with an IB diploma, and hair the same color as standing coffee.
- Conjunction Interruption - Miles vs. me at a Building Government meeting. "Personally, I think you shouldn't vote for—" "Miles, you're throwing the vote!" "I'm just saying—" "Ah, ah, ah, no throwing the vote!"
- Even Nerds Have Standards - P.J. and I at a Quiz Bowl tournament. "I know pi out to 100 digits. See, 3.14159—" "Cool." "—25635—" "That's about enough." "—89793—" "All right, P.J.! We got the point twelve digits ago!"
- Geeky Turn-On - Basically any of the above series, plus classical music, classical art (i.e. before the 1900s), history, and science. Especially if the other person actually does know enough about them to talk with me over lunch about them.
- Go Nagai Sideburns - Not massive, but they do go to the bottom of my ears, and my growing them out has been concurrent with my becoming more passionate and motivated.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff - I like old European trains and Russian music, and I think that it's odd that some of the best art, music, and literature tends to come from small and usually quiet countries (Hungary, Czech Republic, Ireland...).
- Hell-Bent for Leather - My favorite coat is an Italian leather coat. But not long enough to be a Badass Longcoat.
- In the Blood - I used to want to be a film director, but now I want to be a consultant like my father.
- Kirk Summation: When someone was telling me they didn't want to vote because it was so hard to decide, I replied: "Then leave here. Leave, and go somewhere where they make all the big decisions for you, where you don't have to think for yourself. Somewhere like Iran or Burma or North Korea. Voting is the most American thing you can do."
- Percussive Maintenance - "Damn you, computer! [Whap!]"
- Perma Stubble - Even a new blade on my razor will only make the stubble slightly shorter.
- Sour Supporter - I can be caustic, even to my best friends, if I feel they deserve it. But I am working to eliminate that acid from my mouth.
- Wiki Walk - "...which reminds me of something else, namely..." is something my friends are well used to hearing by now.
- Wild Hair - It flares out in all directions, and as I speak a strand is edging toward my right eye....
This Troper created the following pages:
This Troper created the following works: