Troper. Likes to browse through looking for favorite series and the tropes therein. Amateur "Ham" Radio Operator (No, I'm not giving out my callsign).
Really hates this third-person thing.
Has added entries to several tropes, and has created one "series" listing for the Seafort Saga
Is done talking about himself in the third person.
I'm currently working on a Star Trek
fanfic-turned-original-universe-novel that features several tropes—which I call out by name in my notes in the universe bible! TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life
- Upcoming quote, on seeing the first design of fighter-pilot flight suits
Protagonist (and soon-to-be figter pilot): "Why are the chest sections red
- Also, plays Not Wearing Pants straight in a starship combat scene: the protagonist does not realize that he is on the bridge with only his shorts under his (transparent/translucent) emergency vacuum suit until combat is over.
- A backstory note for a particular ship class notes that these ships only fly solo on patrols in backwater systems where "nothing ever happens"
- Fun with Acronyms: the Single-pilot Tactical Assault and Reconnaissance Fighter, aka "STAR Fighter".
- I find that I'm heavily influenced by Robert A. Heinlein's World As Myth structure. Any named character exists somewhere in the multiverse. I might put them through hell, but I try very hard not to kill them except if it is required to advance the plot. On the other hand, if you find yourself in one of my stories without a name, find a good place to hide. And no, a rank or a callsign don't count as a name.
Any comments, questions, vandalism or other edits by other contributors go below this line.