I am finally active on the wiki and the forums, after years and years of lurking. I occasionally edit, and am somewhat active on the "fun" parts of the forums (Yack Fest and Forum Games). This page is very much a work in progress. The basics: Thirtysomething woman from Colorado, mom to a school age kid, lifelong nerd with insatiable curiosity. Username was randomly assigned when I joined with my Facebook login, and It Amused Me, so I kept it.
open/close all folders
Tropes Pertaining To Raspy Mink
- Absurd Phobia: Birds, especially parrots. Birds are dinosaurs that are so good at being dinosaurs that they stuck around after the big extinction. Also, their bites freaking hurt. And did you know that swans can break bones with their wingbeats?
- Amicably Divorced: Works together with her ex-husband to raise their school age child.
- Art Evolution: She is learning to draw, so this is a goal of hers.
- Black Comedy: Used as a coping mechanism. When the going gets tough, the humor Crosses the Line Twice!
- Blind Without 'Em
- Darker and Edgier: Was a goth in high school.
- Desk Jockey: Works a desk job supporting emergency responders, which explains the odd hours and long periods of downtime.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: American Sign Language. She learned a few signs to communicate with her kid when the kid was a baby, and started studying the language in earnest last year. Her and her kid will sign basic words and phrases (yes, no, thanks, brb, bathroom, etc.) when they're in a loud environment together.
- Half-Identical Twins: Has an identical twin brother. He is transgender. Do not awaken the Big Sister Instinct.
- Hollywood Atheist: Averted. Raised in a secular household, lives a secular life, respects those who do not.
- Josei: Thirtysomething woman.
- Last-Name Basis: When she worked as an ambulance dispatcher, there was another dispatcher who shared her first name. That coworker had seniority, so Mink went by her last name.
- Must Have Caffeine
- One Steve Limit: Averted HARD. Her first name is one of the most popular names of The '80s.
- Parents as People: Balancing parenthood, work, health, home, love, wants, needs, and family.
- The Pollyanna: Because there is so much to be grateful for.
- The Pratfall: On roller skates, and at a high rate of speed. It resulted in a broken tailbone.
- Shrinking Violet: When her social anxiety rears its ugly head.
- Simulation Game: Spends entirely too much time playing Stardew Valley.
- Madam Swears A Lot: While she usually keeps her language clean at work and in front of kids, she will use the full breadth of the English language. Expect a Cluster F-Bomb or Precision F-Strike when emotions run high.
- Spoiler Hound: The first order of business upon getting a new book is to read the last page, Let's Play is a wonderful way to see how that cool new game ends, and SPOILER ALERT means "Please read this before watching."
- True Love Is Boring: ...but only in the sense meaning "devoid of drama." Enjoying a happy, mellow, long-term relationship with a Nice Guy. No huge conflict or drama to report. Laughs over drinks, goodnight kisses, and cuddles on the couch mix with the everyday struggles of keeping the house clean and training the new dog. They're not quite Sickeningly Sweethearts, not married enough to be Happily Married...just happily sharing a home and a life.
- Video Game Caring Potential: Never kills the Waddle Dees when playing any Kirby game.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Mild hearing loss, right in the range of human speech. Wears hearing aids. Must factor in whether any potential new job would offer insurance that allows her to buy new hearing aids if needed.
Live Action TV
Tropes And Trivia