Tropers / Rampulus
Rampulus is a recent college graduate who aspires to become a journalist. In his quest to do so, he must compete against many older and more experienced rivals, in a world that is quite hostile to the practitioners of his craft; does this sound like a Shōnen
series to anyone else?
In addition to being an anime fan, he is also an avid gamer, and likes reading, movies and some live action television.
- Arc Fatigue: The "job search arc", which has no end in sight.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Intelligent (IQ in 130s), but finds it difficult to get motivated to do boring tasks, ones without clear purposes, or ones that must be done repeatedly (my logic being that if I always have to do my laundry, for example, then there's no difference if I do it every week or every other week apart from the amount of work I have to do).
- Creepy Monotone: Speaks without intonation, making it difficult to give presentations or do voiceovers.
- Determinator: Is quite persistent, and will keep trying until told that there are no more chances or until it's proven literally impossible, with the degree of attachment to his goal based on how close he thinks he is to achieving it.
- Hates Being Touched
- Grammar Nazi
- Hope Spot: Frequently gets these about the job market.
- Inspirationally Disadvantaged: Sometimes treated as such by other people.
- Headscratchers: Often contributes to pages for certain series.
- Lack of Empathy: Has difficulty understanding other people's problems and connecting with them. He tends to show compassion to others, as a result of seeing the value in doing so, but primarily acts in his own interests or what he thinks is best for others.
- Limited Wardrobe: Single-color T-shirt with jeans or shorts, unless the occasion calls for something else.
- Nerd Glasses
- Neutral Good: Wants to help restore the news media's credibility and professionalism for the benefit of the public's right to know. Some True Neutral tendencies in that he considers getting necessary information out to be more important than whether one side of an issue is helped or hurt. He tends to grudgingly follow rules he disagrees with, but makes his objections known when he can, and acts on his own when he thinks no one will notice.
- Not Good with People: As a result of autism.
- Photographic Memory
- The Quiet One: Typically remains quiet unless a subject interests him, in which case he becomes quite talkative.
- Raised by Wolves:By personality rather than by upbringing, although this troper has several habits that are sometimes at odds with conventions of manners (sitting in an odd way, seeing fine dining rules as largely useless, and so forth)
- The Rainman
- So Bad, It's Good: I greatly enjoy these kinds of works, especially fan fiction, which gives moments like Dumbledore yelling "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!", Sayu becoming Queen of the Shinigami and Gordon Freeman discovering an element that has a "quarter-life".
- Spelling Nazi
- The Stoic: More emotionally restrained than most people.
- Not So Stoic: Occasionally freezes up in shock when disaster strikes. He typically recovers his composure quickly, but it can be devastating after its initial onset. Being rejected or found unworthy is also a quasi- Berserk Button.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Very common reaction, although he often comes around.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Seems to have a fairly good imagination for coming up with plotlines that could be expanded on.
Enjoys the following series:
Has contributed the following tropes: