- "Success is not an option.""But failure sure is fun!"
This troper provides examples of:
- Apologetic Attacker - When playing a soccer or hockey game, my vocabulary is shortened to two words: "bugger!" and "sorry!!".
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny! - A raging case of it. Only self-diagnosed, but when you're easily distracted, have trouble focusing, are prone to small movement tics like bouncing your leg, and have random fits of hyperactivity (and exhibit these symptoms all the time), it's just easier to say "I have ADHD" than it is to explain that sorry, but you can't complete Job X, Task Y and Command Z because you have this funny tendency to behave like a hummingbird on meth.
- Bait-and-Switch Lesbians - Me and my best friend crank up the Les Yay for lulz, because there is No Fourth Wall in my life. Hugging, petting, hair-stroking, possessive envy, the whole ten yards. She's straight, I'm straight-leaning bi. The yuri fans are going to be v. mad.
- Berserk Button - Many...many. Mostly to do with fandom. And shipping. And occasionally art.
- Beware the Nice Ones - Sweet as diabetes usually, but my homicidal rages put Azula to shame.
- Bi the Way - I attempted to invoke this in drama class. It prompted a very large amount of Not That There's Anything Wrong with That, horrified expressions as everyone remembered how affectionate I am, and no one bothered to listen to the "straight-leaning" bit. Things were slightly awkward after that.
- Book Dumb - 5 Bs and Three Cs on my last report card, and yet my teachers, peers, parents and everyone around me are (for some reason) constantly telling that me I'm the most intelligent person they know.
- Chinese People - I think I count?
- Cute Clumsy Girl - Usually just clumsy, but my friends note that it makes me endearing.
- Fangirl - You don't say?
- Genki Girl - You don't say this, either?
- Goshdangit To Heck - I used to be like this. I still am a little, though it goes up to M by now.
- Lampshade Hanging - At least Once A Page in any given sketchbook of mine. My persona interacts with the characters I'm drawing, who usually step out of the frame, look at the picture I just drew, and respond with a rolling "WTF". I get rather a lot of lip from my muses, too. Especially my mothermuse Ae...
- Motor Mouth
"Are you ever NOT in a quoting mood?""Nope. As I was saying..."
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping - I alternate between four different American dialects, three different British ones, and Australian, or "unaccented".
- Plucky Comic Relief - badum-*tch*!
- Precision F-Strike - If I start swearing, clear out.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness - "I don't give an airborn rodent's posterior."
- Techno Babble - I'm a self-taught geneticist. Far from professional, but as I'm not even fifteen years old yet, anything I can say about equine coat colours or homogozytes or incomplete dominants tend to leave my audience (which most consists of other fourteen-year-olds) glassy-eyed and nodding vaguely.
- Unusual Euphemism - I have taken to calling 13-20 year old males "Y chromosomes". This stems from the fact that I attend an all-girls school and don't really run into boys that much. It's very much a lampshade of how testosterone-depraved I and most of my friends are.
- Woman Of A Thousand Voices - Self-proclaimed. Does make it really fun to quote, though I can't quite get into the "young boy" field of things. Everything still sounds very decidedly female.