Not to be confused with Phantasm. This troper had no idea her username was a movie franchise.
open/close all folders
Tropes This Troper May Or May Not Fall Under
Proceed With Caution, Since This Troper Is A Horrible Judge of Character
- Adult Child: Depsite the Wise Beyond Their Years below. Who is it that flips out over cool toys and new video games marketed to people ten years younger? This girl.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Subverted when she was younger; this troper used to speak her mind no matter what was on it (fortunately, her mind was a lot nicer back then). Then as she got older and realized the ramifications of her words, she got much quieter—though it took longer for it to happen in church than in school. But sometimes she gets pushed, either by people or by circumstances piling up, and her words can get biting. Plus, when she's asked for help, she can be a little too honest.
- Big Eater: Has the capacity to be, but most of the time tries to steer away from it for health reasons.
- Bilingual Bonus: Speaks Spanish. See Spicy Latina below.
- Book Worm: Keeps an entire bookshelf in her room? Check. Keeps up to fifty electronic books in her mom's kindle anyway? Check. Dad still manages to dig up at least twenty more books as he cleans out the attic? Check.
- Brainy Brunette
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Oh, yes. One of her favorite hobbies is learning, she loves English and anything that can fall under the Social Sciences category (minus Woman Studies, but only because she finds the subject too narrow), is fascinated by quantum physics, has never gotten below Advanced on a state test, had the vocabulary of your average college-goer at 13, and the fastest it's taken her to read a full-length novel is a grand total of two hours. At the same time, this troper has, for all intents and purposes, never done homework until her junior year of high school, hates getting up, and literally slept through half of her freshman and sophomore year. How she passed her classes is a mystery, even to her.
- Buffy Speak: This troper has an unfortunate tendency to overthink what she's going to say (thanks to years of doing the same while writing), so many times, to save herself effort, she resorts to this while describing things in real life. Sometimes, in especially bad cases, she devolves into a stuttering mess.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Both in real life and in video games. See, no matter how much crap spews from this troper's mouth, if she sees someone who needs help, or if she even thinks needs help, she'll help them. Even if she has something to do vital for her grades or her health.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Like Spicy Latina below, this is a persona she loves playing up, when she isn't busy being quiet or sarcastic.
- Deadpan Snarker: To the chagrin of many around her.
Dad: Can you hold this for me?This troper, with arms full: Sure, let me just extend my third arm.
- Fangirl: Holy crap, where to begin. Funny enough, this troper tries not to deviate off of Canon, ever, and hardly any of her ships are beyond casual.
- Friend to All Children: To the point that this troper actually gets along with kids more than people her own age.
- Forgets to Eat: Yup. Especially when gaming.
- Gamer Chick: Where to even start?
- Geek: This should be painfully obvious by now.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: She has a very set code of ethics that she intends to stand by, and swearing goes against them. A very big reason is that this troper also sees swearing as a sign of lack of vocabulary.
- Grammar Nazi
- Heavy Sleeper: And how. Once this troper really falls asleep, nothing can wake her up; not even a room full of pre-teen girls engaging in typical sleepover activities. (Said girls described her as not just passing out while she sleeps, but temporarily being dead.)
- Idiot Hair: A consequence of her being Dominican. Even getting her hair relaxed isn't enough to settle the hair on the left side of her hairline, and on a bad day, all of the hair on her hairline will stick out. Fortunately, this troper isn't all that dumb...sometimes.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Although speed is pretty important to her—see lightning bruiser below—and if she really has to choose, she'll choose a thief type over a berserker, over all balance in a character is what this troper really likes going for.
- Large Ham: This troper can be very loud, without even trying. Thank goodness she spends most of her time being quiet...
- Lazy Bum: Unfortunately.
- Lightning Bruiser: While playing games, tends to lean more towards characters who are faster, and when they turn out to be this, there is little chance of you being able to separate This troper from that character.
- Limited Wardrobe: Yick. Sadly.
- Most Fan Fic Writers Are Girls: Yes, but for quite a while this was subverted because of sheer laziness. This troper would have tons of ideas entertained in her head that she never truly sat down to let out.
- Motor Mouth: This troper spends so much time being quiet, sometimes, the dam just breaks and nothing can stop her blabbing. Crosses over with Talkative Loon a little too often, depending on her mood.
- Ms. Exposition: 3/4 of the things she says to her classmates in school are answers to their questions. Even online, where she sheds more of her true colors, she's still the one people go to for information.
- Pride: Almost crippling.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Don't ever ask this troper to throw away something for you, because it's going to be in that spot for days. Also, see Brilliant, but Lazy.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Surprisingly still this, despite the Buffy Speak above. Hilariously, her use of big words actually contributes to it at times. Quite the spectacle, as you'd expect. Played straight when she's talking to her online friends, of course.
- Spicy Latina: Sometimes she succumbs to the persona, though mostly for the fun of it, or for Irony.
- That One Boss: No one has ever beaten this troper in an arcade racing game. Ever.
- The Perfectionist: To a fault. Greatly contributes to her laziness; if this troper is going to do something, she's going to do it right, no matter how much time she spends on it. Therefore, she prefers not to spend any time at all.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Spaghetti, although she's especially picky on what type.
- True Neutral: Plagued by indifference, although this troper does have a set of ethics and morals she will always abide by. She just sees the flaws in good people too often to side with them, and she sees the reasoning behind evil people too much to be against them, so she stays uninvolved as much as possible.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: For a long time, she was this, though it (mostly) seems like her body has caught up to her head.
- Writers Cannot Do Math: Subverted and Played With. Math is actually this troper's best subject, but boy, does she hate it. In that way, she avoids doing it as much as she can anyway.
- Younger Than They Look /Older Than They Look: Depending on who you're talking to, this troper has a young face and even younger voice, but she has an old body, so it depends on what people pay more attention to.
Anime/Manga This Troper Likes
This troper probably missed a few; she's watched/read a lot of anime/manga over the years.
- Attack on Titan
- Axis Powers Hetalia
- Black Cat
- Blue Exorcist
- Cardcaptor Sakura
- Cherry Juice
- Detective Conan
- Dragon Ball
- Elemental Gelade
- Ergo Proxy
- Fairy Tail
- Flame of Recca
- Fruits Basket
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Full Metal Panic!
- Gakuen Alice
- Gundam Wing
- Haruhi Suzumiya
- Katekyō Hitman Reborn!
- Love Hina
- Lucky Star
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
- Medaka Box
- Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
- Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
- Natsume's Book of Friends
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Pandora Hearts
- Psychic Detective Yakumo
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Rave Master
- Rosario + Vampire
- Sailor Moon
- Shugo Chara!
- Skip Beat!
- Soul Eater
- Special A
- Suisei no Gargantia
- Sword Art Online
- The Breaker
- The Familiar of Zero
- To Aru Majutsu no Index
- Tokyo ESP
- Tokyo Mew Mew
- To Love-Ru
- Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
- Tsubasa -RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE-
- Uta Kata
The rest of these lists are shortened to only her favorites, because this troper learned her lesson with the last one.
Games This Troper Likes
Don't be fooled by the lack of titles; this troper is just a really big fan of franchises.
Shows/Cartoons This Troper Likes
Not too long a list. This troper is more of a computer-exclusive sort of gal.
Books This Troper Likes
Books are this troper's weakness.
Movies This Troper Likes
This includes Disney movies, because why not?