Tropers / Perfume Preppy
Greetings, fellow tropers. My name is Bia Barreto, and I come from Brazil. Some people may know me as a prominent member of the Pretty Cure
fandom as well as the author of three Pretty Cure fanseries
. My opinions tend to diverge from most people's, but I don't mean to offend anyone. Everybody's entitled to their own opinions, right?
I had two accounts before, but I forgot the passwords to both of them. Hopefully this will be my definitive account.
And I'm also close friends with Kalle
This Troper Provides Examples Of...
- Actor Shipping: Engine Sentai Go-onger and this music video made me start shipping Yasuhisa Furuhara/Yumi Sugimoto.
- All Women Are Lustful: A good portion of my Tumblr account is me shamelessly lusting over Tokusatsu actors (often shirtless).
- Author Avatar: Bia Hoshigo, who can transform into a Pretty Cure named Cure Heron (old design), complete with a green Littlest Pet Shop plush bird as her talking bird Mentor Mascot Reiher. I also tend to consider Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine as me in anime form; every single picture I have of her on my Tumblr account is tagged with "GPOY"note .
- Art Evolution: Go to my deviantART account and compare any of my older drawings to any of my more recent drawings.
- Catch Phrase: "I have my opinions and I respect yours, so respect mine."
- Celeb Crush: Kevin Kleinberg, Masashi Mikami, Hiroki Suzuki, Yasuhisa Furuhara, Masaki Suda, Shu Watanabe, Ryota Ozawa, and Sota Fukushi. Outside of the Tokusatsu field, Marcos Paulo and Matthew Knight.
- Cosplay: In 2010 I dressed up as Cure Heron for a Japanese culture event at my city. The following year, I dressed up as Ahim de Famille for the same event, only because of the similarity between me and the character.
- Crossover Ship: I classify mines in three types.
- Opposites Attract: Odd Della Robbia x Setsuna Higashi (my crossover One True Pairing), Kouji Minamoto x Erika Kurumi, Lee Clark x Kirino Kousaka
- So Similar, It's Cute: Peter Pan x Ahiru Arima, Ikuto Tsukiyomi x Yuri Tsukikage, Marc Clark x Hazuki Fujiwara, Trip x Kanade Minamino (this one was originally a "One Thing Led to Another" pairing but they turned out to be more similar than I thought), Philip x Azusa Nakano, Kazari x Toralei Stripe (also a case of Unholy Matrimony), Ryotaro Nogami x Doremi Harukaze (or Kotaro x Faami if that doesn't work out), Renn Kosaka x Reika Aoki
- One Thing Led to Another: Joe Shimamura x Inori Yamabuki, Nagihiko Fujisaki x Draculaura (also a case of Boy Meets Ghoul), Swiper the Fox note x Toralei Stripe
- Development Hell: A lot of my fanfics go through this.
- Dropped a Bridget on Him: Itsuki really tipped me off making me think she was a guy. So much that when the truth came up I was so disappointed that I wrote a freakin' passing note for the Pretty Cure franchise as a whole.
- Fangirl: Of a Brazillian rock band called Restart, and I'm unashamed of it, no matter what the Hatedom says. In fact, I was very upset to learn they lost the European Music Awards to Big Bang... long after that happened.
- Freudian Slip: "Címon, Gokai 35, start already! Iím dying to see Sexuke- er, Sosuke again!"
- GIS Syndrome: I'm awful at doing backgrounds, so my computer art suffers hard from this.
- Happy Holidays Dress: Bia wears one in my 2011 Christmas wallpaper.
- Hartman Hips: I'm Brazillian, so it's expected.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The announcement of Smile Pretty Cure! and its green Cure, Nao/Cure March, made my Trip/Kanade crossover pairing all the funnier, in particular because Nao was paired with Kanade for the cards that came with the Japanese McDonald's' Happy Set prior to Smile's debut.
- Hold Your Hippogriffs: I inverted this by creating the term "Jumping jelly sandwich!", a land-folk variation of the underwater euphemism "Jumping jellyfish!" used in The Little Mermaid and "The Great Dolphin Race".
- Hype Aversion: I tend to stray away from popular fandoms, sometimes to the point of Complaining about Shows You Don't Watch. There was a time I hated the Total Drama Island series with a burning Cure Passion, but that kinda faded away with time. Now my disdain is aimed at a completely different show.
- Hype Backlash: Towards Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and Power Rangers RPM.
- I Knew It!: To my surprise, I successfully guessed that ShiroUra would become a semi-canon Beta Couple, and that Tokumei Sentai Go Busters' ending would be a Dancing Theme.
- Ineffectual Loner: While at school I always sit on the very back of the class, and although a lot of my classmates interact with me, I only interact with few of them.
- Little Miss Snarker: When it's necessary.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Trip, Ethan, Philip, I'm looking at the three of you.
- Nosebleed: I've suffered several, can't remember how many. The most recent happened while I was watching Yasuhisa Furuhara's "Fly High" DVD on the late Megavideo; then again, there were many reasons for that to happen...
- Occidental Otaku
- Old Shame: A lot of my early fanfiction, in particular a series of Aiko/Momoko fanfics and an Austin/Uniqua fanfic called "Forevermore", all lemons and all heavy on copypasta. And people liked them. Luckily, now my writing has improved quite a lot, even though I don't write as many lemons as I do before, and when I do they barely get any reviews; case in point, "Ecstasy in Green".
- Original Character: Many, and I try hard for them to make them not pass as Mary Sues.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Complete with matching black eyes (my mom always said they looked like jabuticabas...).
- Seasonal Rot: My opinion on the second season of Princess Tutu. I don't really mind how it ended, but was it really necessary to turn Mytho into a bad guy just to give Ahiru and Fakir more screentime together? And don't get me started on Uzura and Femio...
- Shipper on Deck: For Aiko/Momoko, Syrup/Urara, Austin/Uniqua and Sosuke/Miu, among others.
- Song Parody: Several.
- Spin-Offspring: Ohhhh boy. I have so many fanmade children that I had to split them in several different universes.
- Main Offspring 'Verse: Where most of my crossover couple children go, with a few canon couple children thrown in. The full list is here, although some have yet to have their pages done.
- Studio Mascot Offspring 'Verse: Exactly What It Says on the Tin, includes the children of beloved characters such as Roger Rabbit, Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny. It's not out yet, but I plan to show the kids to the world soon.
- Disney Offspring 'Verse: Not as explored as the others, involves the children of the Disney Princesses. Snow White's daughter Cinnamon is being redesigned.
- ForNever After 'Verse: This is an interesting one. This universe was created for a crossover story between Disney/Peter Pan and Princess Tutu, involving the children of Tutu's main characters going to a decaying Neverland to save it from Peter Pan's shadow corrupted with - you guessed it - raven's blood. It doesn't include just kids, but also grandkids (Wendy's great-granddaughters) as well as several full-blown Original Characters and my version of a character from the Peter Pan novels.
- Go-Onger Mk-II 'Verse: Still a work-in-progress, focused on the adventures of Sosuke and Miu's shorttank of a daughter Hibari and several Original Characters with connections to the original Go-Ongers becoming the new generation of Go-Ongers. Engine Machalcon is involved, only this time he's Hibari's partner.
- Surprisingly Good English: Where I live, it sure is.
- Strawberry Shorthand: I love any food that tastes like strawberries.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Aiko Senoo (when I was younger and new to the Internet), and — to a much lesser extent — Luiza Gottschalk.
- Un-Entendre: Philip can make anything sound like an innuendo.
- Yuri Fan: To be frank, even though I'm 100% heterosexual, I have nothing against homosexual couples or the homosexual community in general. In fact, I may even ship same-sex couples depending on the circumstances (currently it's just Aiko/Momoko and Itsuki/Tsubomi).