This is the page of a guy interested in tropes, probably not unexpected
considering where it is found
Lately, I mainly deal with Video Games
, mostly independent ones. I still enjoy literature and some movies, though. Apparently, my taste is rather unrefined (since I greatly like an overproportional amount of the works I read or play), and I have a certain fondness for Lampshade Hanging
, Fourth Wall
issues and Non Sequiturs
At TV Tropes
, I mostly add tropes I noticed while reading or playing the work in question to its respective article.
Since English is not my native language, my edits might occasionally contain grammar or spelling mistakes.
The first trope I can remember noticing is Boring Return Journey
, in The Hobbit
. I was eight years old or something, and was a bit surprised and irritated about the tendency of the tendency of return journeys to be uneventful. Six years later, I stumbled upon this site... (I was searching the internet for Exit Fate
, if I recall correctly.)
I'm using the handle Octagon8
for my edits, as I lost my original handle when my old computer broke.
Tropes describing me
Media I enjoy
- Artemis Fowl
- The Bartimaeus Trilogy
- Battle for Wesnoth
- Cave Story
- Clonk: Enjoyable indie crossover game with a versatile engine and loads and loads of fan-made content. Has some nasty physics bugs and obsoleted mechanics, but is definitely worth a try.
- Death Note
- Distorted Travesty
- The Edge Chronicles
- Eternal Daughter
- Exit Fate:
- Final Fantasy Tactics: Strategy RPG classic. Has amazing battle mechanics with a great (albeit breakable) Job System, splendid graphics (Just shut up, 3D polygon snobs), an interesting story and a hilariously broken translation.
- Flatland: Mathematical 18th-century novella. While it has quite a silly premise, its purpose is not to tell a story. It's a metaphorical explanation of multidimensional space while also being a satire on the Victorian society.
- Fool On The Hill (that great book by Matt Ruff really needs a TV Tropes page!)
- Glennkill (the same with this)
- Gödel, Escher, Bach
- Hero Core
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- I Miss the Sunrise
- Kingdom of Loathing
- Last Scenario: An immensely well-written jRPG by SCF, who also made Exit Fate. While the story is initially presented as immensely unoriginal, this facade quickly melts. Well-written plot twists and breaks with the player's expectations and previously-delivered information and challenging gameplay make this game extremely enjoyable.
- Let's Play:
- Lord of the Rings
- Minecraft: Hugely successful Wide Open Sandbox indie game about surviving in a huge world, exploring and mining caves and building whatever you want to build. Well, since you're reading this wiki, you probably know it.
- Old Kingdom
- Order Of The Stick
- Plants vs. Zombies
- Prydain Chronicles
- The Reconstruction
- Runman Race Around The World: An adorable, crude, fast-paced platformer ...thing by the creator of the Jumper series. Radiates an impressive amount of unbroken, pure happiness.
- Septimus Heap
- The Truman Show
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- TouhouProject: I became a fanboy within a few days.
- An Untitled Story
Work pages I partially wrote:
Pages I created:
Vandalize this page here
Why does a link to this page's Analysis subpage exist? Who would analyze a troper?