As of July 2014 or so, this account is no longer used by me. I have moved on to a new handle.
"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.”
Guten Tag, freundlich Tropers!
—Henry Ward Beecher
I am an aspiring, semi-realistic Anime
artist from the US
be a little slash-crazed
. Writing is my occasional hobby (at least when I get in the mood to do it
), along with photography and RPing
(especially for interesting Science Fantasy
plots). I also seem to enjoy making up original characters
, especially ones that, at least for my favorite female ones, tend to have blue
or grey eyes
and/or the Hime Cut
75% of the time. (Probably just a huge coincidence, though
And... maybe you'll see more info here in the future.
- Naomi Hansen
open/close all folders
Tropes associated with me
- Alone in a Crowd: More like alone in a fandom, but real life often counts too. I always feel like I'll inevitably end up saying or doing something that accidentally pisses off the majority of the fans or I just get ignored by them.
- Always Someone Better: Story of my life, basically.
- Artifact Title: Naomi Hansen, outside of TV Tropes (and sites which will not be named here), is not a name normally used by me anymore since around November 2012. I commonly go by either "The Self-Deprecator" or "Noir" now.
- Author Appeal: Anyone that's seen me in the RP scene enough have probably noticed that I love to play characters that (mostly) identify as female, are mixed racenote , and are somewhere under the LGBTQIA bannernote .
- Berserk Button: I'm usually a calm person. But I have my triggers. Examples:
- Meeting me in real life and not pronouncing my name as NAH-oh-me. Seriously. I'll be nice about it on the first try, but if don't learn by the eleventh time, we'll have problems.
- Also, my real name. (Although if you somehow know it, I'd probably get too terrified of you to really get angry.)
- Being around children under the age of 7. I can't exactly have an intelligent conversation with them, can I?
- Just flat-out flirting with me. It really makes me uncomfortable, especially since the guys that do/did that with me were always the insanely creepy Cassanova Wannabes.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows:
Well, they could be worse, but I do have to repeatedly pluck them just to make sure I don't get a unibrow.
- Cloudcuckoolander: I... might be this on occasion.
- Dandere: In some cases, I'm quiet simply because I'm just being a bit shy.
- Dark Is Not Evil: A philosophy I tend to love seeing in anything I read.
- Deadpan Snarker: Or at least I try to be.
- Don't Like, Don't Read: Another major mindset of mine. Seriously, why can't you (trolls) understand that simple bit of logic? Oh, wait…
- Do You Think I Cant Feel: Newsflash—I do have emotions.
- Eating Lunch Alone: I'm pretty sure I'm lacking in some social skills if I still feel really alone, even when I'm with supposed friends in real life.
- Fangirl: Usually averted, but I do have my occasional moments of obsession, although in those instances, I still try to keep as much of a level head as possible.
- Follow the Leader: But only if I think you're competent. If not, I'll just go off into my own little world and do my own thing.
- I did, however, have an interesting case of being the leader myself when I was the one that started posting for the Wizard101 fandom on Fanfiction.Net. I was the first one there that created a (crappy) fanfic for it, and I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the reasons that the people on there focus so much on more complex/darker storylines. (Just let me have that little bit of pride, okay?) :3
- Genre Savvy: One of my major goals to achieve in life.
- Het Is Ew: Being a slash fan since I was 14, I seem to, in general, get a little bored with the idea of having het ships.note
- Hot Chick with a Sword: …Okay, maybe not the "hot" part, but I've got four swords stashed in my room, three of them being real.
- Old Shame: It seems like Harry Potter (or sometimes Naruto) is the stereotypical starting point for the majority of fanfiction writers, and I'm no exception. Although my first fic was at least a little better than the ones out on the first website I ever joined, it… Well, I just hope nobody finds it.
- The Other Rainforest: I've lived the majority of my life in Oregon. Yes, it does rain that much here.
- The Quiet One
- Rapunzel Hair: About hip length. Had it all my life.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: [nervous chuckle] I'm getting better. Sort of…
- Sarcasm Mode: Yeah, like I'm not a fan of this.
- Self-Deprecation: Kind of played for laughs half the time. Sort of.
- It's now becoming a bit of a nickname for myself - the Self-Deprecator.
- Sophisticated as Hell: At least I try to be adroit on occasion, unlike the immature brats I have to deal with in school (who fail miserably at trying to be "humorous" towards anybody) and in my (extended) family.
- Speech Impediment: I spent the majority of my elementary school years in speech therapy in order to fix my pronunciation skills with "th" sounds. Unfortunately, that was all they focused on, since I still suffer from occasional stuttering, and I have a tendency to mix up my words when I'm talking. (You have no idea how many times I've accidentally called my dad "Mom" and vice versa over the years.) Of course, these problems aren't exactly obvious here on the web - the reason why I love using the internet for communication is because it gives me the chance to actually think through what I want to say and enable me to edit my posts, which allows me to sound (somewhat) more eloquent that I would in Real Life.
- The Stoic: People in real life tend to categorize me as such.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Zig-zagged like you wouldn't believe. So don't bore me or otherwise make me despise you right off the bat, okay? :3
- Teasing Creator/Trolling Creator: I'm a troll to my viewers-! [bricked]
- Too Dumb to Live: I'm an idiot most of the time, and I don't exactly see myself living to be 20.
- Unable to Cry: I feel that I've become inured to depressing topics. Probably the closest thing to getting me to cry in a long time was reading the Sherlock fanfic, Alone On the Water.
- Finally averted after watching the end of MGS3—my eyes were pretty blurry by the time the credits rolled.
- Waistcoat of Style: I've been loving them since 2010. (I blame you for this, JGL—not that I'm really complaining, though.)
- You Are Not Alone: Oh my god, I don't give a fuck that I'm sounding like the whiny bitch I really am, just somebody please give me a hu--! [bricked again]
Current Involvement in:
Former Involvement in:
List of Things I Need To See
Anime and Manga
Literature and Graphic Novels
Video Games and Tabletop RP Gs
Most interesting tropes
So You Want To…
"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all."