Tropers: Nakayama 90
Nakayama90 is a troper based in Western Canada. Username comes from an original character he created.
open/close all folders
- Action Series: Probably his favorite kind of comic or cartoon.
- Anime: His default drawing style. He actually finds it difficult to draw differently.
- Author Avatar: He tends to have a lot in common with his created protagonists. One (from which the username is derived) is basically him if he were Japanese.
- Bilingual Bonus: If frusturated while out, will occasionally, making sure there's nobody around who likely understands either language, quietly curse in Mandarin or Japanese.
- Catch Phrase: "Shway" and "is that so?"
- Cos Play: A hobby.
- Crazy-Prepared: Several examples.
- Lost flight itinerary or hotel checkin papers? Photocopy.
- Also uses photocopies for any printed lists of sightseeing.
- Loud noise? Earplugs.
- Keeps many tabs open at once in internet explorer.
- Avoid parents seeing bought item they might not approve of? Hide carefully.
- Really good drawing getting wrecked? Scan it quickly after finishing. Accidental deletion? Mail it to alternate email address, so the original, unedited will be retrievable.
- Accidentally close tab or switch to other while editing? Copy the edit as it was being written.
- Expy: Creations who aren't based on real life people tend to draw inspirations from other manga/anime or comic book characters.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: see Bilingual Bonus above.
- Self-Insert Fic: See Author Avatar above.
- Write Who You Know: Just as the protagonist from whom Nakayama90 derives his surname is essentially him in anime form, except that he's Japanese as a character and has a number of different traits, some other characters are based on people, some of whom unpleasant.