Tropers: NN Land
Wh... wh... WHAT.Welcome to the page of troper NNLand (short for NeverNeverland if you don't understand). ...no, it's not a reference to Alice in Wonderland. Stop that comparison immediately. Go here instead for the real meaning behind the reference. Irritance and jokes aside, I am a university student with a growing love for anime, comic books and a deep rooted love with Thrash Metal. I was told about this site by a friend from school, saying it was just a big list wiki. Unfortunately, the first mention of this site was by trying to explain the Dead Horse Trope, Undead Horse Trope, and the Dead Unicorn Trope... yeah, I'm not the smartest knife in the crayon box. Jump to about a year later, when I become slighly less dumb. I decide to take an in depth look at this place, and then I realized how fantastic of a site it is to learn about new shows to watch, what tropes are applied to my favourites, and even create pages on some of my favourite things. It ruined my life a little, but that's not the point! Will edit more when I'm not so tired.
—General response to something really stupid.
The list of things related to me? They go here.
open/close all folders
Tropes That I've Put Effort Into Editing
Tropes Currently Working On/Editing
Tropes Applicable To Me
- Apologizes a Lot
- Bad Liar: Zigzagged. At first, you could tell that I'm lying when I start smiling or laughing but nowadays all it takes to set me off laughing is an accusation. Whether I'm telling the truth or not becomes irrelevant.
- Berserk Button: No, my name is not a reference to Alice in Wonderland.
- I also don't take kindly to people talking about my skin color. Borders on Hair-Trigger Temper.
- Black Best Friend: As is the case for most my friends.
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Bordering on The Slacker, unfortunately.
- Catchphrase: What.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Developed over time. Now in some social events, I'll tend to swear unconsciously.
- Covert Pervert: ...I'm not denying it for the most part.
- The Conscience: To my group of friends, as I'll usually suggest NOT to do the stupid things they suggest. And actually stick with said decision.
- Deadpan Snarker: I can get irritable, and turn into this as a result.
- Obnoxious Snarker: If I overdo snarking.
- Despair Event Horizon: Few cases.
- Don't Explain the Joke: Most of my jokes are like this, mainly because if I DID explain it they'll chew me out for being a Captain Obvious.
- Easily Forgiven: I forgive as much as I apologize, to my dismay.
- Extreme Doormat: Often the case when it comes to classroom or group talk. I don't like stating my answer because of the possibility of it being wrong, or being ignored because other people will start talking instead while I still am.
- Flat Scare: Being seriously high strung, surprises and other visits catch me off guard often.
- Flat "What.": Often when I hear stupid things.
- Kuudere: I've been noted to be the thinker of my social group that gives harsh advice.
- Metal Head
- Mr. Imagination
- No Social Skills: Downplayed. I don't like talking to others in fear of being told to go away. Going up to others and asking for something or introducing myself will require some sort of prompt to get me started. After that, I warm up a little.
- Not So Above It All: Despite my serious or anxious behaviour sometimes, it doesn't take me long to act like an immature jackass.
- Old Shame: I used to be a bit of a script writer and poet on DeviantArt, to my shame. Good luck finding it though! Note
- The Pollyanna: It's how I handle tough situations... I think.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: For some reason, Blue Oni outside of the house to the Red Oni of a lot of people.
- Interestingly enough, I'm the Red Oni to my younger brother the Blue Oni, due to not caring anymore about my attitude inside my home.
- Sweet Tooth: I love chocolate. At least when there's some available.
- Token Black: I grew up in a suburban area, so this was bound to happen.
- Tv Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Not in a "I ruined my sleep schedule!" or "I'm wasting too much time!" sense. As in, the spoiler tags on some articles I just had to see. This trope is the main reason why I can NEVER read/watch Fairy Tail again... Note
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Downplayed. Before I was told I was very friendly and kind to all, no matter who. Now, I swear quite a bit and tend to avoid people I don't know due to fear.
- Verbal Tic: Often or not, it's usually me going "WHAT" at any given situation.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: If there's a downplayed version, I'll most likely fit it due to my Pollyanna responses in certain times.