MonkeyPhysics was named for the term he and his brother came up with to describe the various ways Super Monkey Ball
would make the late Isaac Newton incoherent with rage
- which, independent of himself or his sibling, has already made it on to other areas of the Internet
. Consequently, MonkeyPhysics curses "Stuart J".
23-year-old science nerd and jazz pianist/saxophonist, loves to pothole anything and everything to his favourite pages
Tropes present in his being:
- Angrish: Happens a lot. His playthrough of I Wanna Be the Guy was inundated with incoherent screaming.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Not actually ADD or ADHD, just easily sidetracked.
- Berserk Button: "You play an instrument? You're so lucky!"
- Bi the Way: More like 80:20 straight:gay, but still applies. Kind of.
- Blinding Bangs: First thing in the morning.
- Brain Bleach: Let's just say he has poor choice in housemates.
- Brief Accent Imitation: All the time.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Supposedly.
- Buffy Speak: All the... er... what's the word? You know what I mean.. clocks... sundials... TIME!
- Carpet of Virility: Subverted. He's got the carpet, but isn't particularly manly.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: At least among his lab group. Frequently forgets where he is, what he was doing, why he's holding a piece of filter paper...
- Acts like this around his family, too.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome (sort of): Was at a "Saxophone Day" at a specialist music university, and wandered into a jazz improvisation workshop. After about an hour of failing to produce anything even vaguely noteworthy, he managed to pull a solo out of his backside that was later described by the tutor (who'd been rather... unafraid to criticise) as "excellent". Cue a gaggle of vaguely-cliquey students asking why they hadn't seen him before, assuming he was also studying there. The looks on their faces when he told them he was a chemistry major...
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: A common result of pressing his Berserk Button.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory: Ever try moving from a keyboard with non-weighted keys to a full-blown piano (or vice versa)? Owie!
- Deadpan Snarker: To his friends. When hanging out with a few former housemates he quickly becomes the Only Sane Man complete with Face Palm, You Keep Using That Word, Flat "What." and occasional Sarcasm Failure.
- Ditzy Genius: According to his mates, anyway.
- Forgets to Eat: Not as a result of being intensely focused on something, more like his brain being, er, out to lunch.
- Guilt Complex: Keeps him in Neutral Good territory.
- I Was Told There Would Be Cake: Practically a Running Gag.
- Just a Stupid Accent: It lives in a triangle of sorts - the corners are rural Galway, relatively generic Oop North and suburban New South Wales. It likes to wander around the triangle a lot.
- Mad Scientist: Sort of. Is both a scientist and slightly mad, but doesn't fit the trope.
- Motor Mouth: When talking science.
- Must Have Caffeine
- Neutral Good
- Nice Hat: Two - a dark brown fedora and a white trilby.
- Screams Like a Little Girl
- Sidetracked by the Analogy: Side...tracked? Am I a train? I don't think I'm a train...
- Spell My Name with an S: Well, a Y.
- White Haired Not Particularly Pretty Boy: Sort of. Greying rather worryingly quickly.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist on a good day. As an example, he decided to add this as the Most Triumphant Example of So Cool It's Awesome:
You. Every last one of you. Nothing more than an organised mass of molecules, and, well, just look at you! You're commanding countless electrons just reading this entry. You've taken a collection of noises and squiggles and arranged them into something with definite meaning. You can think, you can reason, you can imagine, you can dream - and I'm honoured to share this universe with you.