"Oh my God, I can categorize myself in TV Tropes? Sweet!"
"Hey, shut up! I'm a pretty interesting guy...right?"
"Y'know, for a conscience, you're a real pain in the neck."
Yeah, well it's the truth since you are writing this to get known. Problem?
"Ugh...I can't catch a break...."
An artist who just wants to be recognized (He has the talent. The drive? Not so much...
) spends his days making amends with his past, battling demons, and fawning over adorable rainbow-colored equines.
Though a bit of a jerk early in his life, it took some serious Defeat Equals Friendship
and a huge Heel-Face Turn
to set him right. He now has a brighter outlook on life: to be less of a JerkAss
and more of a friend. Because while it's easy to be a meanie-pants, it's better to share some kindness.
This is what happens when you give a gleeful little Cloudcuckoolander
, Jerk Witha Heart Of Gold
the power to trope things. (Including himself.) Though, he usually does think of his life as a TV show or a Video Game, so naturally, he'd fit in here.
He now edits tropes For the Lulz
, and to also correct the lack of Crash Bandicoot
and exploding burritos here.
- Beginnings arc (Seasons 1-5): Introduces the main character and his universe.
- New School arc (Seasons 6-12): The next arc, featuring his new Fire-Forged Friends Afom and Kaleele, and introduced the series first Big Bad Derrick.
- Bethune Middle arc (Seasons 12-15): Notable for the show taking a Darker and Edgier tone than the two previous arcs, it introduced more mature characters and themes, a bigger villan in Alex, and Marox himself going from The Messiah to a Jerk Ass. Word of God says this is his least favorite story arc.
- Meeting Destiny filler arc (Seasons 15-17): after doing so much damage in the previous arc, Marox was sent to a charter school to redeem himself. featured a huge Ensemble Darkhorse cast (rotating constantly) and was generally more Lighter and Softer than the previous arc. Word of God says its his favorite.
- Loose Ends arc (Seasons 17-18): Picking up after the Meeting Destiny filler arc, and closing the events of Bethune Middle arc, hence the title, this brings us a new Marox less angsty more determined and a LOT more scatterbrained. Introduces fan favorites "Brown brothers" Domonique and Denzel, also Charles.
- New Life arc (Seasons 18-present): With school finished, Marox now faces new challenges (like job-hunting) all in pursuit of his goal: to be a famous video-game designer.
Has his own Deviantart page.
List of works he likes
Anime & Manga
Tropes associated with this nerd include:
- Adorkable: So very much this.
- And I Must Scream: Was deathly afraid of the dark when he was younger, so he dreaded being locked in a room at night. Sometimes it was used for punishment.
- Aloof Big Brother: Is this to Eryn and Devyne.
- Anti-Hero: Type III--->type II after his Heel-Face Turn. Not that he's a goody-two shoes, but he's still (arguably) the nicest person in Team Vongola.
- Badass: Well definitely not as much as he thinks he is, but even still he took down his cousin twice his size in a fight, and ninja'd his way past security guards just to get to school. (he was late.) That's gotta count for something.
- Badass Longcoat: His "Reaper Hood" that he wears almost all the time, got studded out Hot Topic style.
- Berserk Button: Hoo Boy, where do we begin?
- How about coming between him and his Video Games, for starters?
- Calling him "Oatmeal." He hates that.
- Stealing his art
- And of course, messing with his sisters, or his friends.
- Beware the Nice Ones: As if the description didn't give you a clue, he's really a nice, fun guy who shares a kind word with everybody. Still, don't take his kindness for weakness otherwise you won't be seeing your next birthday.
- Big Eater
- Brutal Honesty: His subconsciousness really loves to give it to him (And the audience. Yes, he breaks the fourth wall to those not even watching us). It's also a trait of his Dad.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer If not Crazy Awesome.
- Butt Monkey
- Catch Phrase: "Riiiggghhhttt....."
- "Things can't get any wor-err, BETTER! Things will get better!"
- "You iDot..."note
- "Aww, Shizz, dude..."
- But He Sounds Handsome: No, really?
- But he really is handsome. Really.
- Cloudcuckoolander: And How!
- In case you're not convinced yet, he wrote this as if his life was really a TV show made for troping. That should tell you something.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Is prone to this. He's a guy who hates seeing someone suffering.
- Determinator: Failing to graduate High School on thanks to math. A subject he blew twice would cause anyone to stop, but not him. (He did have one hell of a Heroic BSOD though) Pretty much anything he sets his mind to he'll finish. Unless something comes along to get him sidetracked, that is.
- Did you just insult your teacher's intelligence?: Damn right. And a Crowning Moment Of Awesome at that, too!
- Even jerkass otaku have standards: As a fan of MLP, even he has trouble love and tolerating that other "Twilight Sparkle."
- Five-Man Band: Of Team Vongola!
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Big time. See Schedule Slip below.
- Schedule Slip: Aside from being an awesome artist, he's also known for his horrible punctuality. Commissions would usually get submitted three weeks after the due date.
- Not any more. He's getting better with meeting punchlines.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: How do we put it as simple as we know how? He's quite proficiently, persistently horrible with this.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: He will tell anyone off in the middle of their "The Reason You Suck" Speech. From bullies, to teachers, and even his parents, nobody is spared. Of course, he'll do it if he has justified reason for doing so.
- Small Name, Big Ego
— If you get to his profile on Deviatart from here, put a message in the comments saying "I got here through TV Tropes
SEE YOU NEXT EDIT, SPACE COWBOY.