Hello there! I'm Mariko-chan
. I'm an nineteen year old fangirl from Hawai`i. I can proudly admit that if I hadn't gotten into anime
, I wouldn't have met my friends in real life OR Gaia Online
. ( though I am not proud of the fact that it kills my grade
. yeah. )
I have about a bazillion different series I like, but if I had to narrow them down to my really top favorites, they would be Kingdom Hearts
, Final Fantasy
, Ranma ˝
, and recently Danny Phantom
I also have about. . .
a whole bunch
of different original characters
I've made, for various series. Only three are used, for two reasons. One is because those three were the first original characters I thought up. The second is because I'm too lazy to find a roleplay where original characters are allowed. 8D;;
I also have a FanFiction.net
account and a LiveJournal
. The first story I've posted on the latter, Rage Against the Author ( based on the Trope Namer
), is about five of my more prominent original characters. . .well, fighting against me. Tropes Are Not Bad
open/close all folders
- Mariko Mizuki, known as Mariko, first of two OCs for Ranma 1/2.
- Shiori, the second of said OCs for Ranma.
- Rei, the first OC for Hunterx Hunter.
- Second is James, for the same series.
- Natsu and Yuki, from Mermaid Saga.
- Towa, Kou, and Nekoni, the trio from ( so far ), a original work.
- Arthur, Maui,
Icarus RUS, Dorothy, and Alice, my Digimon Team. Also known as AMIDA.
- Yomiko, and Alex, two Shinigami from the world of Full Moon o Sagashite.
- Kagura and Ayume, cursed with the boar and cat Spirits of Fruits Basket.
- Erik, another Hunter and his adoptive daughter / sister, Mi.
- A blind girl and her Persocom. Yuri and Yori, respectively; although, I'm sure that I changed it. . .I just can't remember to what.
- Skye, a Pokemon coordinator from Hoenn. Her team consists of:
- A Swablu, nicknamed Chiru
- Vaporeon, Veil
- Surskit, Suu
- Mantyke, Mai
- Nidoran, female, Nadie
- All Love Is Unrequited: Mariko likes Ranma, but won't say it because she thinks Akane and Ranma belong together. Likewise, Shiori won't say anything to Mariko because he wants her to be happy.
- Aloof Big Brother: Natsu, sometimes.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: . . .I'll get around to writing about them. Eventually.
- And this page. I'll get done soon.
- Finished. The OC part, that is. . .
- Or not.
- Evil Laugh: Rei. And myself, sometimes.
- Berserk Button: Touch Shiori, Mariko hurts you. Hurt Mariko, Shiori gets mad.
- Rei doesn't like hearing people talking about James.
- Yuki is off - limits. So is Natsu.
- Towa is as well. You'll just get attacked by an angry bat and cat.
- Icarus loves Alice. And vice versa. Don't touch them. Or the others.
- Yomiko and Alex.
- If you try to use Mi for your own gain, Erik will kill you. And Mi will hurt you if you try to kill Erik.
- Bloody Murder: Mi, due to experimentation as a young child, can use her Nen to turn her blood into blades.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In my mind, all my OCs can talk to me whenever they feel like complaining. Or just feel like annoying me.
- But Not Too Foreign: Mariko is part Japanese, part. . .whatever her dad is— probably European, since she has blonde hair, and AMIDA are all over the place.
- Character Development: Mariko and Shori. At first Mariko was named Riko, and Shiori was actually three non - cursed foxes that followed her. Then she became the Mariko and Shiori I know and love.
- Colorful Theme Naming: All of Skye's Pokémon are blue.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: Mi. There is a controller that. . .controls her, and whoever has it is the only one she can listen to, unless they say otherwise.
- Dance Battler: Mariko's fighting style, and her family's is this.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mariko. And Rei, and Yuki, an—you know what? Most of them.
- Dead Little Sister: Natsu and Yuki's little sisters, Aki and Hana. Will eventually name ( if i ever get around to it ) their daughter Hanaki after them.
- Die for Our Ship: Bwaha, the reason most of them come in pairs is because then I have someone to pair them with. See Official Couple below.
- Driven to Suicide: Both Yomiko and Alex, since this is how you become a Shinigami.
- Emotionless Girl: Mi, coupled with a blank stare.
- Also Towa, also she's more prone to expression.
- Fangirl: Not a rabid one, though. I'm pretty open about different views.
- Hair Colors: Rei has pink hair. Mariko is a blonde, but that's because of her heritage.
- Important Haircut: Inverted. Mariko had short hair as a kid, but grew it long to resemble her mother's.
- Improbable Weapon User: Mariko uses fans. Justified in that fans WERE used as weapons in Ancient Japan.
- On the other hand, Rei uses a fox. Towa uses feathers, while AMIDA uses weapons related to their myth / story.
- Mi uses her blood, although she's been told not to use it by Erik.
- Kuudere: Yuki is a Type 2 to Natsu.
- Large Ham: Rei. To a lower extent, Rus.
- Missed Moment of Awesome: YMMV, of course, but I planned on writing about a fight between the two Marikos from below. . .unfortunately, I was too lazy to get around writing that.
- My Greatest Failure: Kou. He runs away from the village, helps a Mad Scientist with demon experimentation ( though kou had been tricked into thinking they were actually helping them ), and accidentally leads Towa into said scientist's lab. He and Nekoni rescue her and bring the scientist down, but not before the scientist injected her with poison, making it so Towa couldn't fly anymore.
- Name's the Same: Mariko Mizuki, meet Mariko Konjo, the martial arts cheerleader that's in love with Kunou. ( to be honest, this is entirely my fault; i completely forgot about konjo when i changed mariko's name from riko. )
- Official Couple: Almost all of them. Mariko and Shiori, Natsu and Yuki, Icarus and Alice, Yomiko and Alex, and Karura and Ayume. Towa, Kou, and Nekoni are a Threesome. Rei is the only person I 'pair' with a Canon Character ( phinks, although i'm starting to see them more as partners in crime. . . ).
- Older Than They Look: Rei looks sixteen but is about twenty, twenty - one. Natsu is seven hundred, and Yuki's six hundred, but they look to be in their late teens. Towa, Kou, and Nekoni are about four hundred.
- Only Sane Man: Mariko. Sometimes Yuki.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Mariko TRIES to be one.
- Play-by-Post Games: And proud of it, too. This is where Mariko and Shiori were born.
- Rage Against the Author: Trope Namer of my new fic.
- Really 700 Years Old: See Older Than They Look.
- Shipper on Deck: Mariko ships RanmaAkane. Likewise, Shiori likes MarikoRanma.
- That Man Is Dead: Rei, to James, when he calls her by the name given to her adoptive parents, Mikan.
- Theme Naming
- Mariko's name is written as true villiage child, implying her growing up in Hokkaido, and her not liking her family's home. Her surname, Mizuki, is beautiful moon, also implying about her connection to the goddess, Inari.
- Yuki and Natsu are the seasons winter and summer. The two are opposites; winter is cold, and summer is hot, so . . .yeah.
- Ayume is dream. She has a dream, of finally being free of the curse of the cat, and living on the Outside.
- Towa is bird. Kou is a shortened version of the Japanese word for bat. Nekoni is. . .well, you know what neko is.
- AMIDA represents mythology. Arthur is King Arthur. Maui is a demi - god / trickster from Hawaiian Mythology, Dorothy's from The Wizard of Oz, Icarus is Greek, and Alice is from Wonderland.
- Third-Person Person: Mi talks like this.
- Tsundere: Mariko is a Type B, also it is a bit subverted due to the fact she wouldn't purposely hurt Shiori that much.
- Unusual Ears: Kou has pointed ears. Nekoni has cat ears. Yori also has those. . .Persocom ears.
- Weirdness Censor: Mariko has gotten used to weird stuff, thanks to living in Nerima.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Kou, although he's redeemed himself to everyone. Descibed above.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Mariko rather dislikes snakes, just as much as Ranma dislikes cats.
- Yaoi Fangirl: - whistles -
- Youkai: Towa, Kou, and Nekoni.
. . .More to be added?