Tropers / Mamanerd
I am, indeed, both a mama and a nerd.
I'm Victoria or Vicki, 24 years old, living in New Hampshire and currently a retail drone at the local Target. I'm married to a literally HUGE nerd
named Gary, and together we have a four-year-old Nerdling named Nicholas. (Gary is One of Us
now; there are some who call him...
. Our assimilation is nearly complete.)
I was a military brat growing up, and then tried joining the Army- that didn't work out as planned, and there was a good year where I worked odd jobs and then quite cheerfully went crazy. Turned out I had bipolar disorder, compounded by some past demons
I had never addressed until that point
... so the moral of my story is get therapy if you need it, kiddos. Anyway, I can't decide on a college major
but do hope to go back
early next year... currently leaning towards education; we'll see.
Okay, enough of the serious stuff.
MAMANERD'S FANDOM GOODNESS
To Be Read/Watched- General
I'm not huge on Video Games
, but I have played a few and thoroughly enjoy Team Fortress 2
, and Left 4 Dead (Both 1 and 2)
, so they should be mentioned here too. (Oh, and Destroy All Humans!
is very stress-relieving after a long day of customer service, hahahahaha...
I've only been a proper Anime
fan for a little over a month (as of 8/3/10), but have done some serious Archive Binge
during this time. Thus, I feel it warrants two lists:
Long story short, This Very Wiki
got me addicted. My former messy list has now been replaced with a sleek, fashionable My Anime List, viewable here.
I will happily take any and all suggestions for anime/manga to watch/read... Educate me, fellow tropers!
Please leave graffiti after the tone. * BEEP*
- Hmph. Stupid graffiti wall. I am not vandalizing you b-because I like you or anything. * blush* S-so don't get the wrong idea. Got that? — jcruz
- (Puts on George Takei impression) OOOH, MY... ;)
- It's refreshing to see someone admit that they're a nerd. Some people are ashamed of it, but you wear it as a badge of pride. Good job, Mamanerd. ~ Aliroz The Confused.
- Thanks! This is awesome to hear, I feel like I'm part of the Nerd Liberation Front... I still catch myself using "nerd" disparagingly, especially at work, so this is a nice self-esteem boost. :D
- (The N.L.F. really needs to exist, come to think of it... it should have branches in every high school. Joss Whedon will write the curriculum for the tolerance classes; and there will be bake sales,where there will be cake. That is all.)
- Why, hello there, dear. My, what an interesting trope page you have here...I guess I shall have to come and CONQUER IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! MWAHAHAHAHA...ooh, wait, realized that your husband conquering your page may have some Unfortunate Implications, If You Know What I Mean...Ah well, whatever, love you, leave you to your troping...Lord_Fenric :)
- Is it getting hot on this contributor page, or is it just me? ;) Love ya too!
- Way cool profile, mamanerd. —Morven
- I recommend the Useful Notes. You'll be educated and at the same time read silliness! (How do we do it? I have no idea...) - Amused Troper Guy