aka: Foxxy Mod
Tropes I've suggested the name for:
- Above Good and Evil
- Ascetic Aesthetic
- Bastard Bastard
- Borrowed Biometric Bypass as a rename for "Bloody Biometric"
- Decoy Trial
- Disconnected by Death
- Dying Declaration of Love (a rename for "Going Down With The Ship", due to it using an established term in a completely different way.)
- Ethnic Menial Labor
- Freudian Slurp (a redirect to Erotic Eating)
- Grow A Conscience (a redirect to Villainous BSOD)
- It's Fake Fur, It's Fine
- Libation for the Dead
- Measuring the Marigolds
- Mutant Draft Board
- No Time To Think
- Painted-On Pants
- Personal Effects Reveal
- Silly Reason for War
- The Smoking Section
- Stillborn Franchise
- Team Hand Stack
- Terms of Endangerment
- The Ending Changes Everything (the new name for "The Usual Suspects Ending")
- Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket
- Tuck In The Dog (a redirect to Comforting Comforter)
- Villains Act, Heroes React
- Wunza Plot
Pages I've found, made, or contributed to the page image for:
open/close all folders
- Lara Croft◊ on Action Girl
- Melissa Hellrune◊ from Eerie Cuties demonstrating the defining attitude of the Alpha Bitch (formerly, The Libby).
- Contemplating Reiko◊ for A Love to Dismember
- The Skyscraper Tumbles◊ for Alien Invasion.
- James Dean and Natalie Wood◊ on All Girls Want Bad Boys
- Hitman being Hitman◊ on All Men Are Perverts
- Grumpy in the mine◊ from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs on All-Natural Gem Polish.
- This one◊ on Aluminum Christmas Trees
- Hellboy and kitty◊ on Anti Anti Christ
- The reluctant tentacle monster◊ from Ghastly's Ghastly Comic on Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?
- From Logan's Run◊ on Ascetic Aesthetic
- the final scene◊ from It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World on Bandage Mummy. Rodney Anonymous brightened and color-corrected it.
- Faye demonstrates◊ Behind the Black in Questionable Content (rodneyAnonymous did the image manipulation)
- Sarge and Beetle Bailey◊ on Big Ball of Violence
- Moloch and the big switch◊ from Girl Genius on Big Electric Switch
- Velma◊ on Blind Without 'Em.
- Eminem in a bathtub of blood◊ on Blood Bath. Sean Murray first mentioned that the trope was used in one of his videos, and I found the screencap.
- Vox originally found the comic page, but I did the cropping and color-tweaking of Hercules◊ on the Blood Knight page.
- How to trap a Canadian◊ on Box-and-Stick Trap
- Burning love letter with rose◊ on Break-Up Bonfire
- Buster Keaton's version of◊ By Wall That Is Holey from Steamboat Bill.
C, D, E
- Freeman Paracusia◊ from xkcd on Cant Unhear It.
- Clark Kent◊ and Superman◊ on Clark Kent Outfit
- The Fed-Up Logo◊ on Coca-Pepsi, Inc.
- A cross-stitch◊ on Cock-a-Doodle Dawn
- The Kraken◊ on Combat Tentacles.
- One from Doctor McNinja◊on Computer Equals Monitor
- A Harley Fatboy◊ on Cool Bike
- The apple pirate◊ on Cutlass Between the Teeth
- The Drift◊ by Kelly Sears, on Dramatic Space Drifting. (Willbyr did the cropping.)
- A bar sign◊ on Double Standard.
- The engraving of a whole shipload of drunken sailors◊ on The Drunken Sailor
- The ladies of Dynasty◊ used in the collage on '80s Hair.
- The time-thingies at Mechanicsburg◊ from Girl Genius on EldritchAbomination.Web Comics (Rodney Anonymous provided the final crop.
- Keeva's sword-that-thinks-it's-a-dog◊ from Mixed Myth on Empathic Weapon.
- The Organians◊ from Star Trek on Energy Beings.
- Ghost Rider◊, on Flaming Skulls.
- Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang◊ on Flying Car
- A tofurkey, in all its glory◊ on Future Food Is Artificial (formerly Soylent Soy)
- Bee-man's Dead-Bee Bee Gun◊ on Forgot to Feed the Monster
- The jigsaw baby◊ on Gattaca Babies.
- Starbuck, then and now◊ on Gender Flip
- Red Army Brooms◊ on Glorious Mother Russia
- Gorgeous George primping in the ring◊ for Gorgeous George
- Anna and the King◊ on Gorgeous Period Dress
- Stubby Kaye and Nat King Cole◊ as "the shouters" from Cat Ballou on Greek Chorus
- A Teddy Roosevelt political cartoon◊ on Gunboat Diplomacy
H, I, J, K, L
- M.Bison◊ on Ham and Cheese
- The real John Smith◊ and The Disney version◊ on Historical Beauty Update. My original suggestion had the woodcut in black-and-white, and sparkysharps found a color version of the same image.
- Angela Lansbury as Mrs Lovett◊ on Horned Hairdo
- Nannie-harvesting◊ from Schlock Mercenary on Human Resources
- Krunch and Cale◊ from Looking for Group on I Did What I Had to Do.
- "Safari Head◊", an entry in a 2012 hairstyling competition, on Improbable Hair Style
- The ninja waiter◊ from Freefall on Kansas City Shuffle
- The Corinthian◊ from Sandman on Knife Nut
- This pen-and-ink drawing◊ on Knighting. (Melloncollie cleaned-up the background to an even white color.)
- Andres Cantor announcing a chess match◊ on Large Ham Announcer. Willbyr suggested the ad, I grabbed and tweaked the screencap.
- The title card for ''The Craigslist Killer''◊ on Lifetime Movie of the Week.
- Hazel kicking the shopper◊ from Freefall on Little Girls Kick Shins.
- "Sit on the table Tristan◊" from the webcomic Married to the Sea for Lost Him in a Card Game.
- The guy from◊ the Flash game Magical Awakening, on Lotus Position.
- Knight texting◊ (originally a macro) on Low Culture, High Tech
- Valkyrie Yuuki◊ from Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki on Man, I Feel Like a Woman
- The classic Marilyn headshot◊ on Marilyn Monroe
- The video box art from May To December◊ for May-December Romance
- Schlock Mercenary◊ on Memory Gambit
- This one◊ from The Van Zandts for Metafiction
- I drew this diagram◊ for Moral Event Horizon
- A topographic map of Illinois◊ on The Mountains of Illinois.
- The attempted mugging◊ from Crocodile Dundee on Mugging the Monster
- Pella◊ from Looking for Group on Murderous Thighs.
- Jessica Fletcher Arrested! news story◊ on Mystery Magnet
- "That wasn't chicken."◊ on Mystery Meat
N, O, P, Q, R
- Charlie Chaplin◊ on No OSHA Compliance.
- Jeremy from Zits◊ on Not a Morning Person
- Ellie and her "brothers"◊ from Ice Age II on Oblivious Adoption
- This composite◊ on Odango
- some cute drawing◊ on One Head Taller
- Lackadaisy Cats◊ on Pass the Popcorn
- Jihad Against Barney◊ on Periphery Hatedom
- Liberace's pink pearled cape on Pimped Out Cape.
- A pink AK◊ on Pink Means Feminine
- A nifty flowchart (because flowcharts are, by definition, nifty)◊ on UsefulNotes.Plagiarism.
- Yngwie Malmstein◊ on The Power of Rock
- The Disco Tent◊ on Pun (Formerly used on A Worldwide Punomenon)
- A saloon brawl◊ from The Rawhide Kid on Railing Kill.
- Ming the Merciless and Azura◊ from Flash Gordon for Rebellious Princess
- Crisis On Infinite Earths◊ for Retgone. (suedenim suggested the comic book page, I built the composite.)
- Zhuangzi's dream◊ on Schrödinger's Butterfly
- The green glowing monsters◊ from Girl Genius for Sickly Green Glow.
- From The Butter Battle Book◊ by Dr Seuss, on Silly Reason for War
- I suggested using a collage on Silver Fox. Willbyr built the collage used.
- A sinkhole in a Chicagoland road◊ on Sinkhole
- This one from PHD◊ for The Slacker
- Alley Oop◊ and Dinny, on Somewhere, a Paleontologist Is Crying
- Don Johnson as Big Daddy Spencer Bennett◊ from Django Unchained on Southern Gentleman
- David and Goliath◊ on Suffer the Slings.
T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
- some fanart of Boris And Natasha◊ from Rocky and Bullwinkle on Tiny Guy, Huge Girl
- A promotional poster◊ of the Hayley Mills version of The Parent Trap on Tomboy and Girly Girl. The original image had scarring from crease lines; Rodney Anonymous 'shopped them out.
- This one, from◊ Slackerz on Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket.
- Lulu◊ from Final Fantasy X on Too Many Belts
- "Castle Frankenstein◊" on Überwald.
- The picture of Stan◊ on Unmoving Plaid.
- The poster◊ from Death Wish on Vigilante Man
- The old lady beating a mugger with her umbrella◊ from Superchicken on When Elders Attack.
- The weasel gang from Who Framed Roger Rabbit on Wicked Weasel. Another Duck brightened and color corrected it a bit from the original screencap.
- Hogarth's engraving "Gin Lane"◊ on Wretched Hive
- Horatius holding the bridge◊ on You Shall Not Pass
page images I suggested that have since been changed or removed
- Sandy, before and after◊ from Grease on Be a Whore to Get Your Man. The first image has been changed to a different one, the second is still the same.
- Frank Frazetta's◊ "Death Dealer", formerly on Blood Knight
- Fluffy◊ (The thing in the crate under the stairs) from Creepshow, on Fluffy the Terrible
- This incredible mish-mash of superheroes◊, formerly on Fusion Dance.
- The giant dino-seaturtle◊ from One Million BC on Slurpasaur It was pointed out that this was not a real turtle at all, it was a stop-motion puppet.
Pages I suggested the page image caption for
Pages I've written, rewritten substantially, or am writing:
- Margin Play (Seriously. Look at the edit history: All Maddy, all the time. Gah.)
- The Utterly and Completely Definitive Guide to Cool
- Actual Pacifist
- Bit Character
- Cool Bike
- Sally Forth (Howard)
- Thud and Blunder
- Rot13.Home Page
- Laconic.Home Page
Pages I've substantially contributed to the introduction on:
- Badass Longcoat
- Epic Riff
- Free the Frogs
- In-Camera Effects
- Knockout Gas
- Practical Effects
- The Theorem of Narrow Interests
- Haiku.Home Page
Pages I've adopted for Maintenance:
Forum sigs, past and present:
- I don't know where "Theory" is, but I want to live there. Everything works in Theory. (stolen from a friend who had it on a t-shirt, and who, in turn, had stolen it from a sign in the engineering department at his college.)
- If I had a piece of chalk, I could work it out in a wall, if I had a wall. (From P.C. Hodgell's Seeker's Mask)
- This time Opportunity knocked once, then wandered off and came back with a flock of Epiphanies, and they brought a battering ram! (Stolen shamelessly from the first comment on this Blogunder Schlock entry.)
- Charmin ads are one of the biggest advantages that literature has over television. [ — Aliroz The Confused-]
- Zeere-a Is Nu Sooch Theeng Es Nutebeelity. — Jordan, on the Bork.Home Page
- trouble is where god hides all the stories. — Drunk Scriblerian
- "Likewise, headphone covers have little real nutritious value and are only used to hold sauce." Leradny, from a conversation about cooking with electronics in the Old Folks Home 'Kitchen' thread.
- "...it is easy to smile upon joy and the wish to share it..." —- Yuanchosaan, talking about being assailed with hugs from happy, drunk, fifteen-year-old girls on New Years Eve.
- "I wish to be surrounded by people who do not look like me in a place full of interesting aromas and colors." blackcat from here.
- "The times you live in are as interesting as you make them, and as interesting to others as you make them out to be." —Tropers/Drunkie from here
- "Half the work on any project is done the week before the deadline. The other half is done the week after." Paraphrased from the Irregular Webcomic! of November 2, 2013.
People who have paid me the compliment of sigging something I wrote:
- Sandbylur sigged "You can't be charged with meaning to do something you didn't mean to do."
- drunkscriblerian sigged "When two mods Skullfuck the same poster at the same time, the thread goes "bork?" and forgets how to count", but the fuck-scrubber got upset about it and kept scrubbing it, so
- drunkscriblerian then changed it to "I strongly suggest you stop posting until whatever the hell you're tripping on wears off."
- juancarlos11 sigged this exchange between Morven and I: "I'm not locking this just to spite you, TMA." —Morven "I, however, will revel in the tears." — Madrugada
- Freezair For A Limited Time sigged "Proto-Indo-European makes the damnedest words related. It's great. It's the Kevin Bacon of etymology." ~Madrugada
- Lessinath sigged a line I used in locking down an OTC thread that had soured: "This thread has gone so far south it's surrounded by nesting penguins." — Madrugada
- drunkscriblerian thinks I'm eminently quotable, apparently. He glommed "I wouldn't mind being between Eddie and Drunkie." -Madrugada, part of an evening of schnockered posting.
- thenamelesssamurai sigged "Bullshit. What nobody tells you is that once you're over the hill it's a hell of a ride. Think Calvin & Hobbes and the sled ~Madrugada"
- Mr Mallard sigged "There are no indigenous people on the moon." -Madrugada
- Indigo12ash sigged "People don't make sense. Especially about sex. But that's hardly news, is it?" —Madrugada "
- Candi sigged "Your experiences aren't universal, your preferences aren't universal, and your opinions don't trump anyone else's just because they're [yours]"
Characters I've been cast as in the "Cast Tropers in works" thread:
- Made Of Meat cast me as Charity in the
SevenEight Holy Virtues.
- According to Haven, I'm Madeline Weston in Burn Notice. I'm flattered.
- Lemurian says Ran Yakumo in Touhou: Perfect Cherry Blossom fits.
- Louie W cast me as Hiyori Kasugano (AKA Sensei) in Sketchbook. She has a chicken as a pet, which I think is quite cool.
- Scholastica thinks I fit as Heath in Fire Emblem 7
- Haven again. This time I'm the Peacekeeper in the Troper Magic: The Gathering.
- Yarrunmace cast me as Shikieiki in Touhou: Phantasmagoria Of Flower View.
- Flanker66 cast me as Glacier le Cactank in Megaman Zero 3. Judge, Jury, and Executioner? I guess I am sometimes.
- The Jackal said The Announcer in Team Fortress 2 fits. I think he may be right.
- According to Awestriker, it's Jubei in BlazBlue.
- Ponicalica cast me as Maya Kamina in RahXephon.
- Milos Stefanovic thinks I'm Jaheira in Baldur's Gate.
- I made the Google Tropers Map, and will add a pin (on request) for anyone who can't add themselves but would like to be on it. PM me with your location (in sufficient detail that I can find it) and the name (and any message) you want on the pin. Otherwise, there are instructions for adding your own pin here.
- I'm a moderator in the forums, and can impose or lift forum bans.
- Her blood type is also apparently B-Nicotine. - Diamonnes
- Drunk Scriblerian says that my theme song is this. He knows me pretty well for never having actually met me.