"So be wise, because the world needs more wisdom. And if you cannot be wise, pretend to be someone who is wise, and then just behave like they would."Lazy, perfectionistic procrastinator. Up-and-coming fanfic author, if I can ever beat writer's block. Up-and-coming artist, if I could be arsed to put pen to paper more than once a week. Up-and-coming research zoologist, if answering letters to lecturers and supervisors ever becomes a habit instead of an afterthought.
— Neil Gaiman
For the love of GOD, please stop capitalising the word "The" in the middle of sentences.
Am currently migrating Useful Notes pages. I've never dared to create a trope. You'll see me:
- Pruning, condensing and occasionally taking a saw to example pages, as befits my genes (language teacher2 = grammar police).
- Fixing namespaces.
- Trying for Brevity Is Wit. Failing miserably.
- Sidling into a forum thread with a muttered reply, then disappearing for eight months.
Works I like, love, or worship:
open/close all folders
- Nineteen Eighty-Four
- The Book Thief
- Brave New World
- Cien Años de Soledad
- Cat's Cradle
- Cold Comfort Farm
- Discworld, the Johnny Maxwell Trilogy, The Carpet People, the Bromeliad Trilogy, and Nation.
- The Dresden Files. Books 1-3 tolerable. Books 4-6 an improvement. Books 7+ are cooking with gas, or possibly paraffin, but whatever that stuff is it's flammable.
- Lucky Jim
- The Mirror Duet
- Pedro Páramo
- The Quiet American and The Third Man
- Riddley Walker
- Sherlock Holmes
- The Third Policeman
- To Kill a Mockingbird
Live Action TV
- Blake's 7 and the 2012-on radio dramas
- Children of the Stones
- Doctor Who, including radio dramas and novels. It's not a programme, it's a way of life.
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
- Red Dwarf
- Star Trek:
- A Very Peculiar Practice
- All Creatures Great and Small
- Black Books
- Father Ted
- Fawlty Towers
- The Daily Show and The Colbert Report
- Mock the Week
- Monty Python's Flying Circus
- The Thick of It
- The Last Detective
- Ripper Street
- Sherlock Holmes — Brett & Burke/Hardwicke
- Sherlock — Cumberbatch & Freeman
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson — Livanov & Solomin
- Elementary — Miller & Liu