open/close all folders
Tropes that apply to This Troper:
- Adjusting Your Glasses: She usually adjusts them by the bridge, but occasionally they're adjusted by the side.
- All of the Other Reindeer: This trope doesn't apply to her now as much as it used to, but, er... Next trope!
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Her brother. Emphasis on annoying.
- Apologises a Lot: She has a habit of doing this. Sorry.
- Badass Arm-Fold: Despite not being badass at all, her default stance tends to include arm crossing for some reason.
- Beauty Mark: She has a bunch of them; her favorites are the one beside her right eye and the one over her belly button.
- Berserk Button: More like Berserk Keyboard, really.
- Blind Without 'Em: Nearly blind, at least; it isn't uncommon for her to take them off only to not be able to find them again only seconds later.
- Brainy Brunette: The brainy bit is subjective, but she is a brunette.
- Brief Accent Imitation: After she first fought Psycho Mantis she accidentally picked up his Russian accent and spoke in it for a few days. Oddly enough, she's never done anything like that before or since.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: While saying she's brilliant is far too generous, she is definitely lazy. Really it's more "Occasionally Has Good Ideas But Is Too Lazy To Do Anything With Them."
- Captain Obvious: She has an unfortunate habit of being one at times.
- Celibate Hero: She isn't interested in being in romantic or sexual relationships. Not that she hates either of them or anything, she just feels that they're not for her.
- Cluster F-Bomb: She's prone to doing this in her fouler moods.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: She's cosplayed a couple of times at conventions, and while she can't make anything too fancy she definitely considers it a hobby of hers. Her latest cosplays were of Madotsuki and Shinjiro.
- Cuteness Proximity: She'll begin babbling incoherently as soon as she sees a dog/cat/rabbit/axolotl/etc. "Axolotlie!"
- The Ditherer
- Dramatic Ellipsis: She has a habit of overusing them...
- Eating Lunch Alone: She did this in high school—by choice, mind. She's not really into the whole "socializing" thing, especially when there's no one but idiots around.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Despite not being much of a dress person, she loves lolita fashion. She's only worn a lolita dress once (and it was sweet loli, not goth), but she'd love to do it again.
- Even the Girls Want Her: On one forum she used to go to, at least three girls had crushes on her at one point or another.
- Even the Guys Want Him: And on a different one, someone else had a crush on her... And he thought she was a guy.
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: Played so straight it hurts. RAAAAAAAGE!!!
- Fangirl: Let's just say that when she likes something, she likes it. For example, she's currently obsessing over Left 4 Dead.
- Geek: Well, duh.
- Genki Girl: She occasionally acts like one, especially while in Fangirl Mode.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals/Everything's Better with Plushies: Her bed is filled with stuffed animals and plushies. It's also worth mentioning that she likes to carry them around as props for cosplay.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Does it still count if said weapon is plastic? 'Cause her other favorite kind of cosplay props are the ones that happen to look like sharp, pointy objects. So far she's carried around a knife and a battle axe...
- Go Nagai Sideburns: Despite not being Hot-Blooded at all (kind of like the Badass Arm-Fold thing mentioned above), she thinks she has a nice pair of Nagaideburns.
- Good Is Not Nice: While she's not necessarily good in the "Hero Who Always Saves the Day" kind of way (though that'd be awesome if she were!), she does try to do what's right. She isn't always nice about it, however.
- Grammar Nazi: Most of her edits here consist of fixing spelling/grammar mistakes. Thankfully she's a lot more lax about grammar than she used to be...
- Gratuitous German: She occasionally says "danke" instead of "thank you" for some reason. It helps that it's some of the little German she remembers from her classes in school (oddly enough, even though her Japanese is kept fresh, she tries not to use it gratuitously).
- Gratuitous Japanese: ... Not that she doesn't use it gratuitously at times. Nowadays the most she does is slip out an "are?" ("huh?") to herself every once in a while, but in her preteens or so she was all into using what little Japanese she knew. Troper Tales Time: Once while she was at the computer in her family's living room, she read something that made her go "nani?" ("What?"). Now, her mom and dad were on the couch doing who knows what (no, not like THAT), and they heard her and thought she said naughty. A sock was promptly thrown at her silly little weeaboo head. That's why she doesn't use as much Gratuitous Japanese anymore.
- Hazel Eyes
- Hollywood Scribbling: Once when she was 13, she was told that she draws like a 5 year-old. Her drawing skills have yet to improve.
- The Hyena: When she finds something really funny, you'll hear it.
- Jerkass Façade: Back in middle school and high school she acted like an asshole to try to make other students leave her alone (not that they actually picked on her or anything, to be honest—at least, not during her last few years of high school, after she transferred to a non-traditional school—she just didn't want to give them the chance). Either that, or she's just a Jerkass for no reason. She kind of forgot.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She guesses she could count as this. As previously mentioned, on the surface she occasionally acts like a Jerkass (or at the very least someone who isn't very talkative) so that other people will leave her alone, but underneath she's otherwise a rather cheerful person when she's not contemplating on how Humans Are Bastards... And under that layer is possibly a budding psychopath. Erm.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Her family currently has six cats: Freddy, Mudkip, Izzy, Lucas, Piper and Jacobnote . They've also had other cats: Sassy, her first cat who died in 2008; Diablo, who was taken back to the barn because he managed to get outside one night and caused her and her family a lot of trouble; Domino, a stray that her family had tried to let in but kicked back out after he fought with the other cats (they still fed him though); and Gunnarnote , who was found on their porch but let back out because he apparently didn't like being our cat.
- Madden Into Misanthropy: She lapses into this at times, especially when someone has to go and remind her that humanity (for the most part) sucks.
- Nice Hat: She bought this fine fedora a while ago. Not that she ever wears it...
- Nightmare Fetishist: She's had an interest in the spooky since childhood.
- Older Than They Look: A rather minor example, but despite being 19 she can easily be mistaken for being slightly younger (her immaturity certainly doesn't help much). It always amazes her when an older-looking turns out to be younger than her. Maybe she just doesn't have a good idea of what teenagers look like.
- Otaku: She's mostly a gaming otaku, but she dabbles in anime and manga every once in a while.
- Parenting the Husband: Her father can be rather childish.
- Picky Eater: She hates fruits (it's the texture that bothers her; she's fine with how they taste), vegetables, seafood (except shrimp), and just about anything else healthy.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator
- Shotacon: ... She admits to being a slight case of this, though she would mercilessly glomp a Cute Shotaro Boy instead of do anything much less innocent (not that this keeps her from making jokes about herself on this subject).
- Stealth Hi/Bye: She's accidentally done this a couple of times, scaring whoever she was saying hi to.
- Third-Person Person: Except for user pages such as this, averted.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Her default hairstyle whenever she feels like having her hair up. Helps that ponytails are really the only thing she can put her hair up in (she likes Girlish Pigtails too, but she doesn't wear them often).
- Trademark Favorite Food: Despite being a Picky Eater as said above, she's fond of quite a few food too. Steak and pretzels (with cheese!) are probably at the top of the list.
- Sweet Tooth: She's especially fond of sweets.
- Trash of the Titans: You could get lost in her room, it's so messy! It's gotten a bit cleaner, but there's still some clutter.
- Troll: She's not going to lie, she has her trolling moments. It helps that she only goes after people she thinks deserve to be trolled... And that she sucks at it.
- Tsundere / Yangire: She's prone to acting like either (minus the romantic feelings of the former and the violence of either... usually) depending on who she's with. For example:
- Tsundere: "You annoy me for some reason and I don't like you!" → "Hey, you're actually pretty okay, I'm sorry for being a bitch earlier."
- Yangire: "Oh, hi! You seem like a nice person." → "I have now realized that you are a Jerkass and don't like you anymore. Go away."
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: This site is an excellent way for her to procrastinate on homework and/or stay up late.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: She's used a couple of trope names—Nightmare Fuel and Humans Are Bastards are two examples she can think of—while talking to her uncle (who would be a good Troper himself if he were ever
unfortunate enough to find this site) about movies before. That, and she's used trope names in notes for her several unfinishedprojects.
- Video Game Perversity Potential: Her brother, being the typical teenage boy that he is, made a dick in 3D Dot Game Heroes. Of course, she was the one who suggested that it should ejaculate in its victory pose...
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Her biggest phobia is falling.note She's fine with heights—in fact she enjoys being on roller coasters and airplanes—but if she feels like there's a chance she can fall she starts to get paranoid, though not to the point where it's a full on panic attack. This fear can be triggered simply by walking on certain stairs or by looking down from a higher floor, even if she isn't really that high up.
- On the somewhat sillier side, whenever she plays Left 4 Dead she's prone to asking "Why Did It Have To Be Hunters?!" ... Which didn't stop her from buying a plush of one, oddly enough.note Apparently her love of plushies outweighs her fear of screeching zombies with no sense of personal space. Oh god, does that mean she'd buy a ReDead plushie if one existed?!
- Your Tomcat Is Pregnant: Our pets have dropped Bridgets on us quite a few times. For example, we used to have a cat named Ivy. We later found out that "she" had some extra parts, and now he is named Mudkip.
Tropes that apply to her Troper Works:
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: While she has yet to actually write (and finish) anything, she keeps getting new ideas for stories and isn't sure which one she should work on.
- Author Appeal: Scarves, Magical Girls, Elegant Gothic Lolita, Serial Killers, and Yanderes tend to pop up a lot in her plots (usually with two or more of them combined somehow), and those are just the examples she can think of off the top of her head. She also has four different blue-eyed Pale Skinned Brunettes, one of which used to have goggles and Princess Curls.note
- Fan Sequel: A few years back she tried to make one for Clock Tower using Ren 'Py. She managed to write the beginning of the thing, but other than that it never really went anywhere. (We never got to meet any stalkers, for one thing.)
- Good Morning, Crono: A few of her (permanently unfinished) stories have started this way. An oddly prophetic dream is optional.
- It's Been Done: She has ran into this a couple of times while brainstorming characters. A bullied girl who snaps and ends up killing people with a saw? You mean Kotonoha Katsura without the Love Makes You Crazy, right? A quirky teenager who forms her own club in order to investigate the paranormal? Are you talking about Haruhi Suzumiya, by any chance? A Lancer in a Magical Girl team who enjoys constantly berating The Hero (and, well, everyone else)? Is that a bitchier anime!Rei Hino? A teenager who abuses a supernatural power in order to cleanse the world of evil? Wow, a genderflipped Dark Magical Girl Light Yagami!
- Old Shame: Let's just say she's written stuff when she was younger that she'd really rather forget and leave it at that.
- Theme Naming: She likes to give her characters themed names, but it's hard for her to come up with them. (She's just not very good at naming anything...)
Has written Troper Tales on the following pages:
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment
- Brain Bleach
- Catapult Nightmare
- Creepy Child
- Face Palm
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]
- Jack Attack
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie
- Recurring Dreams
- Rule 34
- Serious Business
- What Do You Mean, It's Not For Kids?
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?
- Yaoi Fangirl
What She Likes:
Anime and Manga
- Clock Tower
- The Legend of Zelda
- Left 4 Dead
- Metal Gear
- pop'n music
- Resident Evil
- Shin Megami Tensei
- Silent Hill
- The Sims
- Team Fortress 2
- Yume Nikki
Want to play?If you'd like to play something with me, here are my usernames:
This Troper has helped with the creation of the following pages (in order of creation):
- LittleBigPlanet (Saw that it didn't have an article, so she went ahead and made it.)
- Eastern Zodiac (Noticed that there were a lot of Troper examples, so she moved them.)
- Sonichu (Since there's so much good Troll Fic for it, she thought it needed its own Fanfic Rec page.)
- The Tourettes Guy
This Troper has added Wild Mass Guesses to the following pages:
This Troper has reviewed the following:
- AMV Hell 0 and AMV Hell Divided By 0 - 
- Clock Tower 3 - note
- Sonichu - 
- Tokyo Crystal Mew - 
- Her original (and currently used) Troper handle comes from an old Tokyo Mew Mew Sailor Earth Original Character that she never really used for anything. The only reason she doesn't call herself by anything else is because she can never come up with a name and like it for more than... Well, not sure how much she usually keeps them, but it's usually not very long. Her second Troper name is based on the Role Called trope: The "loser" comes from her self-deprecating nature, the "gamer" comes from the fact she's a video game fan, and the Britt is from her first name, Brittany.
- She found this site sometime in June '08 (or maybe it was May—that time frame, at least) while reading fanficrants; All There in the Manual was the first TV Tropes page she read. Of course, it all went down hill from there.
- Prone to misreading titles.
- She's still miffed about Rape The Dog being renamed and the deletion of I Am Not Making This Up. (Sure, the latter got way out of hand, but deleting everything might have been a bit much...)
- Hates when a trope is listed as a work, or vice versa. Seriously guys, stop it. Another TV Tropes pet peeve of hers is when people title their reviews after the work they're reviewing. We know what you're reviewing, so give your review a meaningful title! It's also annoying when people try to use Wiki Words and so on in titles.
Vandalize away!:Tofu: Lime! :D I missed you! That kind of makes a terrible 2 weeks significantly better. Yeah- the first time you introduced DCJ to TV Tropes I ended up hooked. Became Known a few months later. TheNoun: Damn you, Tofu, that's almost exactly what I was going to say!
Wow, you got all the way to the end?