A troper whose hobbies include meta and self-deprecation. They're pretty pointless, but that's me for you.
Actually a 17-year-old female from Maryland, with interests in music, literature, linguistics, languages, psychology, and neuroscience.
Tropes that apply to me:
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Often described as having a British accent, an Indian accent, exceptionally precise diction, or just "Y'know, an... accent. Thingy. You don't sound American."
- Ambiguously Brown: Has been thought to be Indian (true), Hispanic (not true), African American (not true), Hawaiian (what?), Middle Eastern (not quite); the list goes on.
- Badass Bookworm: Apparently. Well, bookworm yes, but some people claim that I'm rather intimidating in my bookworm-ness. Sarcasm Mode? Perhaps.
- Bi the Way
- The Cynic: Doesn't believe in God or troo luv, for instance.
- Emo Teen: I like to categorize myself as this — avert it by parodying it, right?
- Glasses Tropes: Meganekko? Nerd Glasses? Sexy Spectacles? The Short Guy with Glasses? Smart People Wear Glasses? Stoic Spectacles? Whatever they are, they're glasses. And they are awesome.
- Grammar Nazi: Heil!
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Whee.
- Insufferable Genius: Except that I'm not actually a genius. I do speak English, Spanish, Bengali, French, and Japanese though, and would love to tell you so in each language.
- Japanese Pronouns: Uses "boku." Or at least, I would if anyone did that in real life. When talking with people who actually speak Japanese, I use "watashi."
- Jewish and Nerdy: Not that anyone believes I'm Jewish (see Ambiguously Brown).
- Kuudere: Friendlier than I'm brusque, and loquacious rather than laconic, but it takes a while to get past the snark and formality.
- Lemony Narrator: Anything I write, without fail.
- Rapunzel Hair: "Oh my god, your hair is so long!" "*holds up strand that fell past hips* Really? I never noticed!"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni / Tomboy and Girly Girl: With my best friend. I'm the Blue Oni and the girly-girl.
- Short, Dark, and Snarky: Height and snark can, in some cases, have an inverse relationship.
- Snark Knight: Also a bit of a Deadpan Snarker — The Lancer of my Five-Man Band, the usual skeptic and devil's advocate, and some certain people find it very difficult to ascertain when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm actually being abrasive (hint: it's usually the former, even when you think I'm being earnest and serious) — but I consider myself one of the idiots.
- Stepford Snarker: I weave drunkenly between this and Stepford Smiler. Shh, don't tell anyone of the grievous pain that I'm hiding.
- Tsundere: At least I'm ashamed of it.
- TV Tropes Will Enhance Your Life: Entirely enhanced.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: Duly ruined.
- Waistcoat of Style: The hipster version. Not that anyone understands when I call it a waistcoat... ah, America.
Things I like:
- Live-Action TV
- Video Games