Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
Something something something
The tropes this troper gets troped by:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: I have a good attention span usually, but once you've had me in one place listening to a lecture for 40 minutes, my mind begins to melt
- Author Appeal: I really need to try and write against my type more often.
- And we won't touch on the super-heroine named Charm, either.
- Basement Dweller / Insane Troll Logic / Logical Fallacies: While I'm none of these things, the IRC channel for a Halo fanfic site I frequent is plagued by one ODST Super Spartan who "wantz admin" because he is Russian and "beta-test Halo 3" and "Halo Rech", plus he could "ban u forver from Halo"
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Cannot Spit It Out
- Cannot Talk To Women
- Celeb Crush: Under normal circumstances, subverted and averted. But when Wasp comes into play... dang! What can I say, that's one sweet MPDG!
- Christianity is Catholic: No, we're not. And we're not all hellfire-and-brimstone preachers either. And we yes, we make mistakes. Get over it all already >_<
- Covert Pervert: Soooo many things can go south so quickly...
- Crowning Moment of Funny: An attempt to "kill" my friend via choking while he screamed "save the goldfish." It became meme-like for a while.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: All of Me by Jon Schmidt. Actually, just anything by The Piano Guys
- The second half of To Galaxy from Halo 4, plus the 117 track. And Arrival too
- Damn You, Muscle Memory: I played Call of Duty all the way leading up to Halo 4, but what do I do when Halo 4 has Call of Duty controls by default? Freak out and push the wrong buttons until I change the control scheme.
- Deconstructed Trope: I try so hard when I'm writing fan fiction, particularly if it's Kaiju or Comic Book stuff. Superman Stays Out of Gotham is probably my most difficult to deconstruct and justify (which is why I often don't use it)
- Entry Pimp: Ultimate Power Rangers. Everything there and on the YMMV page are all my work.
- Fan Hater: Twilight is so much this to me
- Fanon Discontinuity: Halo Legends never happened. Ever. Not even in someone's worst nightmares.
- Fridge Logic: Why can't the bald guy in Dragon Ball Z go Super Saiyan? No hair
- Gainax Ending: Lost. SO much Lost. I hate you guys for those last, agonizing 5 minutes
- Godzilla Threshold: When my friends tell me to host a game over Xbox LIVE, something has gone terribly wrong
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: I don't care if this is a military game, screaming the F-bomb every five seconds does not make you badass, it makes you dumbass. And this includes real-life too.
- And when I write, if I do resort to curses, they are extremely poignant and meaningful; same with my personal life.
- Grammar Nazi: I can have such field-days with these
- Idiot Ball
- I Knew It: Who thought Parangosky of the Halo universe was an evil mastermind before the Kilo-Five Trilogy decided she was? This guy.
- Who knew you'd have to kill Mason by Hudson's traitorous order in Black Ops 2 by the third level? Three guesses and the first two don't count.
- They Just Didn't Care: Black Ops 2 multiplayer. Why, Treyarch, why?
- Limited Wardrobe: Heavily averted. I need to get rid of so many T-shirts.
- Love to Hate: A weird combination of this and a Meta Origin - almost every problem I have with Marvel Comics and its derivatives can be traced back to He Who Shall Not Be Named.
- Manly Tears: If it's a Disney movie, I've probably cried or almost cried
- Just got back from RiseOfTheGuardians... oh my gosh, I almost cried so many times! And it's not even a sad movie, but some of those moments were just so sad or beautiful I could barely hold it back! Like when Jack's yelling about how he wishes he could be seen, or when Santa's explaining how he sees wonder everywhere... SO MANY TEARS
- Memetic Mutation: Disa-freakin-ppeared
- No Export for You: So I can find Season 1 of Familiar Of Zero scattered on the internet, and Hulu has Season 4, but Seasons 2 and 3 never received an English release? What the heck?
- Old Shame
- One Steve Limit: My first name is James... What do you think? On the other hand...
- One Mario Limit: My middle name is Lemuel. I've only ever met one other person with the name, and he uses a "y" instead of an "e"
- Real Men Love Jesus
- Reference Overdosed
- Rooting for the Empire:
- Serious Business: Zombies mode. Don't mess with me when I'm trying to do something
- Socially Awkward Hero
- Theory of Narrative Causality: If I'm by myself playing a Call of Duty, I'm awesome, but as soon as I play with friends, I go second fiddle
- Twilight Of The Gods: Shows up in my works every so often, usually as a climax of sorts
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: I recently started trying to form an idea around a Super Smash Bros.. RPG. So far so good... except for the fact that it stemmed from random thoughts of Mario as an engineer/pyromancer, Luigi as a necromancer, and Peach being a pheromone-manipulating Action Girl. It got worse from there (to some people anyway)
Gifts to Humanity
Things to be Erased from Time Itself
All Your Base Are Belong to Us