Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
I'm one of the newer Tropers
. I've been reading this site since Fall 2010, but I only started editing in May 2011 or so.
I specialize in the Warrior Cats, Pokémon, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Alex Rider
As a troper, I'll do anything to support my favorite works and favorite characters. I like to call myself This Troper
, where it's allowed. (Bit ironic that I'm not using it here, though.) I find Self-Demonstrating Articles amusing. I hate when you're not allowed to add Real Life examples
. And I hate the Permanent Red Link Club
In fact, I actually disagree with most of the rules and editing guidelines of TV Tropes
, but I love This Wiki
too much to quit editing. Thus, I often find myself gritting my teeth while editing because I have to adhere to a rule that I hate.
I'm a 16-year old bookaholic who loves the fantasy and science-fiction genres. I'm also into Video Games
, albeit to a more limited extent, as there are only a few titles that I actually play, even though I play them frequently.
I also happen to be an animated film junky, though I actually despise all forms of anime. I've never watched an R-rated film in my entire life.
Tropes that describe me:
- Agent Mulder: I'm a true believer in the paranormal.
- Ambiguously Autistic: Averted. I'm the quirkiest person around, but I actually do not have any sort of mental disorder.
- Animal Motifs: Mine is a serpent.
- Berserk Button: Do not talk to me about Megalodon and how it ate my favorite sea creatures, whales.
- Also, the issue on pachycephalosaur horns/domes.
- And the fact that mongooses and honey badgers can kill cobras.
- Blinding Bangs: Subverted. I have very long bangs, but I keep them out of my eyes.
- Book Dumb: I'm very knowledgeable, but not in any subjects that are taught in school.
- Brainy Brunette
- Break the Cutie: Being bullied both at school and by a verbally + physically abusive friend broke the innocent, cheerful young fellow I used to be.
- Break the Haughty: Has happened to me a few times. Not like it's ever weakened my pride, however.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I understand everything I learn in school perfectly (besides Math and Chemistry), but I procrastinate all the time and I have an inconsistent attention span.
- I'm also good at writing and drawing, but I'm hardly ever motivated to write or draw.
- Card-Carrying Villain: When I was about 14, I was going through this phase where I thought it was "cool" to be a bad person. I went around spouting lines like "I'm evil" and "I have no morals" while making abusive comments on YouTube. Overall, I was just being an angsty Jerk Ass and everybody thought I was a troll who was trying too hard. Thankfully, I snapped out of it before I steered too far in the wrong direction.
- Cassandra Truth: Nobody ever takes me seriously, but I know I'm right.
- Catharsis Factor: I don't usually enjoy violent Video Games, but I do like some, just as long as they aren't rated M. I get some odd sort of satisfaction from destroying large swathes of enemies en masse.
- The Chick: I generally fill either this role or The Smart Guy. In any given group of people, I'm always the quirky one.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: It goes without saying.
- Combat Pragmatist: Mandatory, since I'm not good at fighting. Though, if I could fight well, I would want to be tactful to a small degree.
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Like: I do this.
- Complaining about People Not Liking the Show: I do this too.
- Complete Monster: I used to think that I was one. See "Card-Carrying Villain" above.
- The Cutie: Since I'm usually so quiet and inoffensive, all the girls in my class think that I'm "adorable", in an endearing rather than romantic connotation.
- Dark Chick: If I were a villain.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Darker and Edgier: I became this eventually, during/after Middle School. I recently became Lighter and Softer after I realized that being too edgy is annoying.
- Deadpan Snarker: Believe it or not, I do have a sense of humor. What, you didn't know?
- The Determinator: My policy is that I never lose. In some way or another, I always ensure that I have the last laugh in the end, even if my adversary thinks they've beat me. If I get knocked down, so to speak, I always get back on my feet.
- Dying Like Animals: I'm a snake, through and through.
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: I hate math!
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: I've been greatly interested in studying dinosaurs ever since I was a toddler. For most of my childhood I imagined being a paleontologist, but I've long since abandoned that dream. My mind isn't made for science.
- Everything's Cuter with Kittens: I love cats and kittens. I do volunteer work at my local Humane Society during the summer, feeding orphaned baby kittens.
- Everything's Precious with Puppies: I love dogs and puppies too.
- Evil Is Cool: I really think it is! But I don't take it to the extreme that I used to.
- Evilutionary Biologist: I support abortion and stem cell research...does that count?
- Fluffy Tamer: I love scary-looking animals.
- Four Temperament Ensemble: I'm the Phlegmatic.
- Freudian Excuse: In 5th grade, I had this "friend" (if you'd call him one) who would verbally and physically abuse me. He'd pretend to be nice in front of my parents, and they'd never believe me when I told them he was a Jerk Ass. I had to spend a whole year with him before he finally moved away. I was also bullied all throughout 6th and 7th grade. This probably explains why I went through that angsty, "I'm a bad person" phase in 8th-9th grade.
- GIFT: I'm not nearly as bad than I used to be, but I'm still much more confrontational and outspoken when I'm behind a computer screen than in Real Life.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: My attitude on swearing has changed repeatedly as I've grown up. In 3rd grade, I would swear all the time just to irritate my parents. After I got more mature, I still continued to do it until about 7th grade, but only because other kids did it. By 7th grade, I had a goody-two-shoes attitude towards profanity - (think "Ooooooh, you said a bad word! I'm telling! I'm telling!"), much to the chagrin of other members on forums I used to go to. Now, in 11th grade, I choose not to swear simply because I've refined my tastes. It is far below my standards to use vulgar language. However, nobody is perfect, and I do let out the occasional "damnit" under my breath without thinking, but usually only after something shocking has happened.
- Green Aesop: I try to include one in every story I write.
- Green Eyes: Actually, blue-green eyes, but more green than blue.
- Green-Eyed Monster: It's easy for me to get jealous of other people, especially if they are recognized for their talents and abilities and I'm not.
- Hidden Depths: This is a message to all the kids at school: I'm more than just that weird, quiet kid with the long hair who reads a lot.
- Humans Are Bastards
- Insane Troll Logic: My mom says that I'm good at twisting words around to create one-sided arguments. She even suggested that I join my school's Mock Trial/debate team.
- Insufferable Genius: I can sometimes get cocky about my talents and put myself on a pedestal because of it.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: There was once a time where I was quite a negative and angst-ridden Jerk Ass. Now, after completely rewriting my general philosophy, I've come to see the world idealistically rather than cynically.
- Jerk Ass: I used to be one.
- Karma Houdini: I have a knack for wriggling my way out of punishment. I am truly a sneaky, slimy snake.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: I used to be this, definitely. A select few people would tell you that I still am one.
- Light Is Not Good
- Magnificent Bastard: I am one towards my parents.
- Manipulative Bastard: All the freaking time. I perform lots of social experiments without saying so, even after I'm done experimenting. I've probably stealth-tested everybody who I've ever met, even my own friends. I may have even tested YOU.
- I frequently manipulate my parents, too.
- Mauve Shirt: If I died, everyone who I know in Real Life would be very sad. Even the people who I don't know that well.
- Misaimed Fandom: I bear many strong, adamantly-maintained opinions about my favorite works, even when the author wants me to think otherwise.
- Mistaken for Gay: Since I adamantly oppose pornography, prefer more peaceful Video Games and music and speak rather effeminately, some people have mistaken me for that. All because I happen to not be a loud, foul-mouthed, testosterone-addled hooligan.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: I am morally nihilistic.
- Noodle People: This is how my body is shaped. I'm really skinny.
- Old Shame: I have many. I'm mainly mortified by the way I behaved in 6th grade.
- One of Us: I'm a troper too!
- Only Sane Man: But everyone else thinks that I'm the only insane man.
- Pride: As you can see by my Troper page, I do love to pat myself on the back.
- Pungeon Master: I just want to have pun, after all.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: I'd be the Blue Oni.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Averted hard. Reptiles are my favorite animals.
- Rhymes on a Dime: But not all the time.
- Rule Of Cool: My username.
- Schemer: I have a knack for coming up with cunning plans against my parents.
- School Saved My Life: Actually, it's happened quite a few times.
- Six Student Clique: I'd be the Quirk.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: I'm far on the "idealism" side. I am an eternal optimist, and I consider cynicism to be the greatest evil of the world. I HATE cynics.
- I used to be an insufferable cynic back when I was 14 and 15, but since then I've become less desensitized and have gradually made a Heel Face Turn.
- The Smart Guy
- Smug Snake
- The Social Darwinist: Subverted. I think that only a few people in any given population should be allowed to have kids, to prevent human overpopulation.
- Stepford Smiler: See below.
- The Stoic: I never confide my current problems to anyone else but myself.
- Stoic Woobie: See above.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys: I have this attitude towards art and creative writing. I draw and write to achieve something. Having fun is merely a luxury.
- Stupid Good: I subconsciously try and see the good in everybody. Yes, even Complete Monsters. It's just the way I am.
- Teen Genius: Everyone in Real Life thinks that I'm one, except my parents.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Naturally.
- The Three Faces of Adam: I am the Lord. If I were a girl, I'd be the Child.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: I suffered this after 7th grade.
- Tyrannosaurus rex: My childhood favorite dinosaur, though I've become more partial towards Oviraptorosaurs and Ornithopods as of late.
- Unpleasable Fanbase: Averted. I never complain about my favorite franchises. If something is made that I don't like, I just keep quiet and appreciate the creator's effort to please me.
- What Measure Is a Non-Cute?: Averted with my love for reptiles, amphibians, fish and arthropods, but also played straight because I love kittens and other cute mammals too.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: I despise the human race, and I love non-human animals.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: What else would you expect from someone with an INFP personality?
- Wise Beyond My Years
- Writers Cannot Do Math: I'm adept at creative writing but average at Math.
- The Woobie
Dart, Ike and Volt
My mascot character is named Dart. Dart is a basilisk from a fantasy universe who spends his time getting himself into trouble with his two brothers, Ike and Volt.
He is maroon, with dark brown-red stripes across his body. His eyes are ice-blue. Ike is green, with teal splotches and blood-red eyes. Volt is electric-blue, with yellow zig-zag lines and bright yellow eyes.
They have three Distaff Counterparts
. Pierce, Wisp and Snipe to Dart, Ike and Volt respectively. These female basilisks are rivals to the three mascot characters.
- Anti-Hero: All three of them, but Dart the most. He can be very vicious and thoughtless, and his brothers have a cruel streak too. Volt seems to be the one with the strongest morals, while Ike just goes with it.
- Beauty Brains And Brawn: The trio's Distaff Counterparts. Pierce is Brains and Beauty, Wisp is Brawn and Beauty, and Snipe is Brains and Brawn.
- The Hecate Sisters: Pierce is the Crone. Wisp is the Maiden. Snipe is the Mother.
- Town Girls: Pierce is the tomboy, Wisp is the feminine one, and Snipe is the Neither.
- Berserk Button: Do not tell Dart that you can do something better than he can.
- Ike gets an extreme rush of adrenaline whenever there's a fight, making him Ax Crazy and prone to attacking anything that moves.
- Blue Eyes: Dart's Ice Blue Eyes represent his cruel streak.
- Card-Carrying Villain: All three of them to an extent, but Dart the most. He's sadistic and he knows it.
- Chromatic Arrangement: Dart is red, Ike is green, and Volt is blue.
- Their Distaff Counterparts: Pierce is peach-colored, Wisp is teal, and Snipe is a deadly shade of mauve.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Ike.
- Combat Pragmatist: Dart.
- Comic Trio: While none of them are stupid (they're all actually very smart), they fit this trope due to the trouble they get in. Dart is the cunning, ambitious Schemer who gets him and his brothers into the sticky situations. Ike just goes along with it because he's too passive to object anyways. Volt is the sensible one who always tries to talk Dart out of doing something reckless but inevitably fails and watches helplessly as they get into trouble.
- Cute Bruiser: All three of them. I designed them with somewhat neotenic features, since they're supposed to be young and naive adventurers. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary because you might not consider reptiles "cute".
- Deadpan Snarker: Dart and Volt. Dart is more prone to sharp, biting snarkery, while Volt likes to make passing, dry comments at things he disapproves of.
- Designated Hero: These three characters are the protagonists. They're the protagonists because I say they are. No, I don't care if they have a cruel streak. You're supposed to root for these characters. Got it?
- Distaff Counterpart:
- Dart = Pierce. Both are hot-blooded, quick tempered, sharp-witted, sarcastic and vicious in combat. Both are leaders.
- Ike = Wisp. Both are quirky, sensitive and eccentric, with small attention spans. Both have a sort of intuitive intelligence that lets them see deeper meanings in things. Both have insane adrenaline rushes and become Ax Crazy when in combat.
- Volt = Snipe. Both are realistic, sensible and down-to-earth, with significant leadership qualities and a higher moral compass than their siblings. Both of them tend to be more tactful and courteous in battle.
- Ditzy Genius: Ike.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: They don't have elemental powers, but it's all symbolic. Dart is Fire, Ike is Ice and Volt is Lightning.
- Fragile Speedster / Glass Cannon: Dart.
- Freudian Trio:
- Id: Dart.
- Ego: Ike.
- Superego: Volt.
- And as for their Distaff Counterparts...
- Id: Pierce.
- Ego: Wisp.
- Superego: Snipe.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Dart.
- Heroic Sociopath: All of them to an extent, Dart the most so and Volt the least so. Dart is outright sadistic, but he really is a good guy on the inside. Volt is more sympathetic and sensible, with a greater moral compass than his brother. And Ike just goes along with it. All three of them are capable of callousness, especially when they're angry. However, they have a much greater conscience for other mythical creatures than for humans.
- Hot Blooded: Dart again.
- Indy Ploy: Dart, while a cunning Schemer, prefers to wing it when it comes to adventure, while Volt likes to plan ahead. They often argue over this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Dart. Never try to tell him this, because he'll adamantly maintain that he's the most callous and cold-hearted soul around before proceeding to do something callous and cold-hearted to demonstrate this, which he tends to regret deep down.
- Karma Houdini: When Dart and his brothers are making mischief, they lay waste to the place and bolt. Dart can also sometimes use his smooth talking to get himself out of trouble.
- Knight, Knave and Squire: Dart is the Knave, Ike is the Squire and Volt is the Knight.
- Large Ham: Dart.
- The McCoy: Dart.
- Only Sane Man: Volt feels this way sometimes. Dart is reckless and hot-blooded and Ike is downright eccentric.
- Power Trio:
- The Psycho Rangers: However, these characters also have significant villainous overtones, and could easily play the role of the villains.
- And, conversely, their Distaff Counterparts would play the same roles, respectively.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Dart is the Red Oni, while the Blue Oni is divided between Ike and Volt, who have more passive personalities.
- In terms of personality types, Dart is an ESTP, Ike is an INFP and Volt is an ISTJ.
- Rock Trio: They don't actually play musical instruments, it's all just symbolic. Dart is the Guitar, Ike is the Drums and Volt is the Bass.
- Although, I wouldn't put it past Dart to come up with a sleazy Zany Scheme that involves starting a rock band under the false pretense of playing for charity when they're really doing it to get rich.
- Same Sex Triplets: Dart, Ike and Volt are brothers, all hatched from the same egg. Pierce, Wisp and Snipe are sisters.
- Schemer: It's the Dart Drinking Game! Take a swig for every time Dart has ever come up with a Zany Scheme and gotten him and his brothers in trouble. You'll die of alcohol poisoning three minutes in!
- Six Basilisk Clique: They stand divided, so it's a bit of a borderline example. Dart is the Head, Ike is the Quirk, and Volt is the Muscle. As for the girls: Pierce is the Pretty One, Wisp is the Wild One and Snipe is the Smart One.
- Sleazy Politician: Dart has run for president more than a few times, using dirty tricks to undermine his political opponents but failing at the last moment.
- Terrible Trio: A rare competent example.
- The Three Faces of Adam:
- The Hunter: Dart.
- The Lord: Ike.
- The Prophet: Volt.
- The Quiet One: Volt is the most observant and analytical of the three. Ike often makes passing non-sequitur comments, but doesn't make conversation as well as Volt does.
- Zany Scheme: Dart comes up with all of them, and they all inevitably get him and his brothers into trouble.