OK, here's the deal. Who is Kahran042? An ordinary guy, a "cyber-drifter" if you will, just trying to carve his niche into the Internet. I post in a lot of places, sometimes under different names.
Some of my favorite works (links to pages with a high risk of unleashing my violent desire removed):
Anime and Manga
This user (I don't really consider myself a "troper") provides examples of:
- Apologizes a Lot
- Bad Liar
- Berserk Button (I don't have one big one, but many small ones, and if you press one too many times or too many at once...)
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Bi the Way
- Big Eater
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Buffy Speak
- Catch Phrase ("Done and dusted.")
- Chaotic Neutral (Leaning strongly towards good, though.)
- Conspiracy Theorist (Although I really just do it for fun.)
- Crazy Cat Guy / Kindhearted Cat Lover, depending on who you ask.
- Deadpan Snarker (Or, at least that's how I like to think of myself.)
- Does Not Like Spam (Seafood and tomato sauce. Ironically, I actually like SPAM.)
- Double Jump (I can't be the only one who's tried to do it in Real Life...right?)
- Evil Laugh
- Grumpy Bear
- Heavy Sleeper
- I Have Many Names (In addition to Kahran042, I have also gone by The Entity Formerly Known As Kahran042, Malach, Mizukage, my real name, Amaranth Goldenthorn, Jaegan, and Kaden in various places.)
- I Thought Everyone Could Do That (I sometimes forget that not everyone can read as fast as me.)
- Insult to Rocks (one of my favorite rebuttals)
- Jerk With A Heart Of Some Sort Of Precious Metal
- Large Ham
- Let's Play (I've done seven of them, and am working on an eighth.)
- Not a Morning Person ( I was even voted "Worst Morning Person" in high school!)
- Occidental Otaku
- Oh My Gods! (I often swear to Ceiling Cat.)
- Real Men Watch Shoujo Anime
- Rebellious Spirit
- Screams Like a Little Girl
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Spoiler Hound
- Sweet Tooth
- Technical Pacifist
- The Quiet One
- The Smart Guy (At least when it comes to useless trivia.)
- Trademark Favorite Food (Fried chicken.)
- Viewer Gender Confusion (When I was in elementary skool, I was mistaken for a girl a few times. Also, I've been called "ma'am" on the phone at least once.)
- Why Did It Have To Be Crabs?
Since there isn't really a page for this, I thought I'd put it here. It's a variant on Favorite Trope
where I don't necessarily like the trope itself, but find the page to be an interesting place.
And, since Troper Tales
was overhauled, I thought I'd put this up here:
My favorite tropes
Since I put up my favorite tropes, I might as well include their evil counterpart, the Pet Peeve Trope
s. It should be noted that I don't always hate these, but they're more often done poorly than not, so...
My pet peeve tropes
- A Man Is Not a Virgin
- Abuse Is Okay When It Is Female on Male
- Accentuate the Negative
- All Abusers Are Male
- All Anime Is Naughty Tentacles
- All Germans Are Nazis
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders
- All Men Are Perverts
- Black and White Morality
- Bury Your Gays
- Cats Are Mean
- Cerebus Syndrome
- Complaining about People Not Liking the Show
- Dude, Not Funny!: Humor. Is. Subjective. It is funny to me. And if it isn't funny to me, it's probably funny to somebody.
- Everybody Hates Hades
- Fan Hater: Because which is more pathetic - liking or not liking a fictional character, or hating real people for the fictional characters they happen to like or dislike?
- Game-Favored Gender
- Girls Need Role Models
- Heteronormative Crusader
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...
- I'm a Man, I Can't Help It
- Intended Audience Reaction
- Mary Sue
- Moral Guardians
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!
- New Media Are Evil
- Official Couple: For me, this is something to like a couple despite, rather than because of.
- Our Monsters Are Different: Because it strikes me as being kind of judgmental against monsters that aren't "different."
- Real Is Brown
- Real Men Hate Sugar
- Remember the New Guy
- Screw You, Elves!: I don't necessarily mind it so much in-universe, but when it bleeds out into forums, it really pisses me off.
- Shallow Parody: If you're not going to try to understand something, then why bother parodying it?
- Ship Tease / Shipper on Deck: It's easier for me to not hate official couples if the writers aren't shoving them down my throat through their characters.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!
- Soapbox Sadie
- “Stop Having Fun” Guys, and their weapons, the...
- Strangled by the Red String
- Teens Are Monsters
- The Abridged Series
- The Internet Is for Porn
- The Unfair Sex
- There Are No Girls on the Internet
- Very Special Episode
- Women Are Wiser
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl
Finally, the "Unspeakable Tropes." These are tropes that, although I don't really have a problem with the tropes themselves, I detest the way that they're primarily used on this wiki to belittle and demean people for daring to have different opinions from the majority or shut down any theories that a character might not be as perfect
as they're intended to be, or that just really annoy me for one reason or another. Due to this, I will not link to them, mention them by name, or visit their pages. Hence, I'm listing them here with all vowels, spaces, and capitalization removed to avoid linking to them or being tempted to visit them. By the way, the order has no real significance. It's just the order in which it occurred to me that I should avoid having anything to do with that page.
The Unspeakable Tropes
- I. drcnlthrpnts
- II. rnthdthtr
- III. fndmb
- IV. htdmb
- V. dfrrshp
- VI. mrlvnthrzn
- VII. krmhdn
- VIII. msmdfndm
- IX. cmpltmnstr
- X. yfngrl
- XI. nvrlvtdwn
- XII. ntrntbckdrft
- XIII. ntshppnggggls
- XIV. shppnggggls
- XV. ngrtflbstrd
- XVI. sdsttchr
- XVII. prncchrmlss
- XVIII. rlwmnnvrwrdrsss
BTW, if you can guess where I got the spelling of "theater" in my favorites section, you get a cookie.