Hi. I'm iluvtvtropes, a relatively new troper here who discovered this site and fell in love with it. I also blame this site for decline in health, social life and lost revenue as I have literally spent the entire waking hours of a few weeks reading all the different tropes here (I kid about the blame part, but sadly not everything else) Hmm, let's see...a few things about me. Originally I was thinking of just putting this page up and letting other tropers build this page themselves (they would build this page based on opinions or facts formed from my edits), but then I decided that that probably wouldn't work all that well. So here's some stuff about me. Well, I'm an aspiring writer (aren't we all, hehe). Since I don't have anything real to show for it yet, I guess I'm a pretty pathetic one at that. I'm an admitted and unapologetic snarker as you can probably tell from the vast majority of my edits. Uhhh...what else. Well, I actually do have a million story ideas I'd like to see come to fruition. A lot of them involve Cat Girls. Either they're as good as I think or I'm just delusional. As you can probably tell at this point I'm an anti-social/suntan Otaku. Just to prove the above point, I'm trying to work on an Inuyasha doujin with a complete stranger who can draw better than me (because I flat-out suck as an artist). As it is Fan Fiction and I don't want to become a case of Small Name, Big Ego I'll end mention of it for now, though I will say works like Sailor Nothing are an inspiration. So feel free to run away now. In either case it'll probably be stillborn anyway. Other than that, my main hobby is tending to the potting soil of Epileptic Trees. As you can see, quite a few theories have been proposed by me, the vast majority of them quite bizarre and almost always involving a crossover. I believe that everything's connected to each other - Kagome stumbled upon a stargate and ran into a evil Time Lord who has to be stopped by Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Millenium Falcon. Well, that's pretty much it. My offer to freely add info to this page is still up, so feel free to add whatever you want. And if I don't like it, I'll delete it, and you can try to add it in verbatim again :) Also, I have an Evil Twin known as "iluvtvtroeps" created when I misspelled my name and accidentally hit "Create Know-ledge!" instead of "Already known, just bake me a new cookie" Below is an incomplete list of some of my favorite creative works, filled in as I feel like it: Favorite Manga Series
- Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
- as the count stands now, I've contributed over 6,000 words to its WMG page (the vast majority of its WMG page, in fact) and who knows how many wiks. As a friend once said, if I had put that much energy into something actually creative, original, and not based on the Fox Mulder School of Rational Thought, I'd have written a pretty damn good book by now (he went on further to say that this is proof that I'm obsessed and that I have no life)
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Firefly, both the movie and series
- Enderís Game
- The Homecoming series, also by Orson Scott Card
- Just to show that I'm not a complete OSC fanboy, not a big fan of either Treasure Box or Empire
- On that note, I do really like his Folk of the Fringe anthology
Almost anything written by Larry NivenOh My God he writes some horrible crap now!
- Very much into Neil Gaiman
- TIE Fighter (my absolute favorite video/computer game of any genre; don't mean to brag but I did create the article for that one)
- Secret Weapons Of The Luftwaffe
- most flight sims, actually
- The Command & Conquer series, especially the Red Alert series,
my most favorite RTS games of all I forgot Homeworld existedThen Red Alert 3 came along
- Homeworld, really my most favorite RTS game of all time and probably second of most favorite game of any genre next to TIE Fighter
- rather than listing a lot of games, I'll just say I'm a Nintendo/Mario fanboy
- Wild Mass Guessing, as if you had to guess :p
- Walls of Text
- A splitter and lumper for this wiki and That Other Wiki, respectively. Yeah, I suppose it's a bit weird that I'd be one for one wiki and the other for The Other. Sometimes I may decide to Subvert myself depending on the article.
- Entry Pimp, especially for Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, TIE Fighter, Sci Fi Debris and for whatever reason the trope Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Made Of Lose: Very much so