Tropers / Heavy DDR
, a male troper living in the outskirts of Austin, TX. Born in California, like everyone else, raised in the outskirts of Gary, IN. He has ideals of Walking the Earth
, or rather, Sailing the Earth, and visiting every country. His oddest fantasy is to go to every country and take a dirt and water sample from each, that way he can say, "I have all the world's land and water in my hands!" It will be a muddy day, indeed.
He is a percussionist who prefers keyboards like the vibraphone, xylophone, and marimba, but also enjoys hacking away at a snare drum, bass drum, and timpini. He's a huge fan of John Mackey pieces, including but not limited to Undertow, Asphalt Cocktail, and Redline Tango. Another notable piece he has played is Carmina Burana
on the timpini, playing in front of a live (and nationally known) high school choir. O Fortuna, indeed. In marching season, he preferred pit, of course, but due to being the biggest guy in the drumline once the seniors left, he had to become bass 5. That thing is heavy, do not underestimate it. And the callouses on his fingers, aye...
When not playing music, he's probably (not) writing on his novels. As of now, Heavy DDR has a six-book series planned, though that isn't the end of the series; he plans on writing these novels till the day he dies. Influence heavily by One Piece
, his book, called Skullgrael
, follows the titular hero as he aims to become a pirate so he can find the most powerful pirate in the world, Captain Blitz. With the help of the powers to control water, he is also assisted by a small, but growing crew, where by the sixth book, he has 13 major characters, and an infantry of 50. In his crew, besides him as the captain, is the first-mate swordsman who parodies BFS
characters, an Action Girl
sniper, a speed-based and love-searching errand boy, a fire-bending chef who parodies characters whose dream is to go back to his love, a slight Badass Grandpa
of a navigator, another Action Girl
becoming a shipwright, the Cute Bruiser
doctor who is the sister of the shipwright, a musician fencer who parodies half-human half-animal characters as he has the powers to be squirrel-like, a Badass Grandma
who can see into the future, a cowardly thief who fights with street magic tricks, a Huge Schoolgirl
(more or less) who can read minds and fights via screaming powers, and last but not least, an infantry leader who uses his own footsoldiers as weapons. They don't mind.
Expect lots of manliness and awesome from the series.
This troper is slightly infamous back at the Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series
forums as being the internet badass and mean moderator. With the help of forum games and rage, Heavy DDR earned his respect amongst most forum-goers, but was laid the banhammer when making a Dude, Not Funny!
joke about Hurricane Ike. He returned a few times, for only a couple hours before the mods banned him again, but has little intention on ever going back, especially considering how the forums are now.
Series this troper can assist with:
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Midori Days. He wouldn't have found the series to begin with had it not been for Random Item.
- Detective Conan. Although he is very behind on the series. Cue Archive Panic when he found out there are 700 chapters.
- One Piece especially. By far his favorite series.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, although he just recently started watching it.
- Miyazaki movies, including:
- Hikaru no Go to an extent. The series got dreadfully boring.
- Yu-Gi-Oh but only so far.
- Death Note, which happens to be this troper's least favorite-favorite anime. Too much Fan Dumb and the series could be wrapped up as "I'm standing behind you," "Now I'm standing behind YOU."
- Outlaw Star but not very far.
- Dragonball Z but he is very mismatched on the series.
- Yu-Gi-Oh. He has a crappy Harpie deck and groans at the new rules, however.
- The only good machinima he has ever seen, of course: Red vs Blue.
- Surprisingly, he has one.
- He's calling it right now: this joke has been done on various Contributor's Pages.