Tropers / Graven Image
A guy with a DeviantArt
account that writes and draws stuff.
His writing is recently taking a turn for a sort of cross between
a Humongous Mecha
anime and the SCP Foundation
. It's called the Urban Defense Comission. Check it out.
Tropes associated with the UDC include:
- The Alleged Mech: Ferrous.
- Apocalypse How: The Metrics are trying to engineer anywhere from a Class 3 to a Class 6. It's hard to tell. Also, Time Travel possibly triggers a Class X-4.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Absurd in that a steel girder shouldn't be as good as the article says it is.
- Adventure-Friendly World: Not exactly a pleasant one, but hey. Cheap mechs for everyone!
- Aliens and Monsters: They're definitely present in force, and they go by "Metric Special Forces".
- Aliens Are Bastards: Why else would they have nuked Greenland, of all places?
- Awesome Yet Practical: Why are so many people building giant death machines? Because that's the guaranteed best way to save yourselves from the aliens.
- Badass Normal: In the future, there are apparently a lot of Void Raptors.
- Bad Future: Void Raptor hails from one of these.
- Beam Spam: Greenland again. Noticing a trend?
- Bilingual Bonus: Gottenpanzer literally means God Tank. That sure isn't tempting fate, no sir.
- Blade on a Stick: Great Leo's blade is made out of plasma, and has a forty-foot long stick.
- Crapsack World: Once Greenland bought it, things went downhill quick.
- Death from Above: The Metrics nailed Greenland with a Death Ray of some description. It's not there anymore.
- Expy: The whole style is highly reminiscent of the SCP Foundation.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The Metrics seem fond of these. Poor Greenland...
- Kill Sat: Once more: poor Greenland...
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Ferrous is a twenty-foot tall Cowboy Samurai Mecha made out of old trains and wearing a Martial Arts Headband made out of an American flag.
- Pluto Is Expendable: Greenland is gone? Shame. I'm sure no one will- Oh. Sixty thousand people, you say? Wow.
- Rock Beats Laser: Sharpened steel girder beats giant monster, more like.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: A PDA-sized nuclear bomb was mounted inside Void Raptor for all of five seconds. The pilot immediately pried it out, tore it in half, and flushed it down the toilet.
- Small Name, Big Ego: The series has all of four entries, and I'm already pimping it on here. Aren't I terrible?
- Super Prototype: Great Leo is the basis for all mecha in the setting, everywhere.
- Tank Goodness: The Gottenpanzer is a ten-by-ten-by-four rolling cinderblock of death. Too bad Leopold Schreck is too stupid to use it right...
- Temporal Paradox: It is assumed that Void Raptor's mucking about with events in the present would negate its existence. But, since its home time apparently no longer exists, it's all cool.
- Time Travel: The basis for Void Raptor's backstory.
- What a Piece of Junk: Ferrous.