A Troper from the middle of nowhere. Not much else to say.
I provide an example of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Always have had a tendency to list things like this. Did it more often when I found out it's a trope.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Unless you're absolutely enthralling, don't expect to hold my attention.
- Berserk Button: Basic human rights being violated.
- Big Eater: Few meals have proven to be me-proof.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I could be a straight A student if I wanted to be. Operative word being wanted.
- Buffy Speak: I tend to talk like this when I'm tired.
- The Cassandra: Even when I tell unmasked truths, nobody believes me.
- Catch Phrase: "You confuse me with someone who cares." Additionally, "Jackpot", or sometimes "Checkmate" when I outmaneuver someone.
- Mad Libs Catch Phrase: "How do I do X?" When failing to do something seemingly simple (e.g: "How do I do dexterity?" for finger movements.
- Chekhov's Skill: Once thought-useless ability to read French became useful when the English version of an instruction manual was made illegible by water.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: I walk in Imagination Land every now and again. Helps with ideas for writing.
- Cursed with Awesome / Blessed with Suck: YMMV on which one it is. I suffer from a medical condition that guarantees I'll always have No Social Skills, but am also super smart.
- Deadpan Snarker: As my few friends can testify.
- Determinator: Determination bordering on obsession is a common thing I demonstrate when I want something.
- Doesn't Like Guns: No idea why, but I have an aversion to them.
- Does Not Like Shoes: I'm barefoot the second I get back.
- Facepalm: Sometimes taken Up to Eleven with the "2X Facepalm Double Combo" or, more rarely, the "Very Rare And Dangerous 2X Facepalm/Headdesk Triple Combo".
- Failed a Spot Check: Happens every now and again.
- Flat "What.": How I react to something confusing presented suddenly. Usually accompanied by a slight tilting of the head.
- Flipping the Bird: My fingers are far more expressive than my mouth could ever hope to be.
- Freudian Slip: Sometimes, when reading aloud. Usually covered with rapidly saying what I meant.
- Grammar Nazi: Spell it right, and use the right syntax, or I will find you.
- Handshake Substitute: Here comes the brofist.
- Hates Being Touched: Rule #1: No touchie!
- Headphones Equal Isolation: I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how lonely I am. My music might also contribute.
- Hell Is That Noise: I panic when I hear rattling chains in the distance. Frickin' Reaper.
- Hypocrite: I don't want people to see me. I do things that call attention to myself. I want to be close to someone. I locked up my heart and threw away the key. The list goes on.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: But at the same time, I don't get people. Never have.
- It Is Pronounced Tro-PAY: Minor case. I think that if a word was coined in a foreign language, it should be pronounced that way.
- Jackass Genie: When elected DM in any Tabletop RPG. You'd think my friends would learn, eventually.
- Troll: Sometimes, I do what I do just to troll my friends' characters.
- Lampshade Hanging: I always point out tropes I see used in any media.
- Memetic Badass: Of a kind. Apparently, I can kill you thirty-seven ways in Halo just by going off the sound-effects, without getting killed in between.
- When All You Have is a Big Brain: I'm pretty smart and...that's about all I've got going for me.
- No Social Skills: Most of my socializing is done from long-range, either with a computer or by phone. Even then, it's limited.
- One of Us: Well, duh.
- Player Tic: I tend to say "Bangbangbangbang!" really rapidly in FPSs when solving a problem with More Dakka.
- The Quiet One: Nearly The Voiceless with how rarely I speak.
- Refuge in Audacity: How I can get away with my aforementioned Jackass Genie antics.
- The Smart Guy: Of my Power Trio.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Generally. Speaking with me at any length of time can include high-class words, technical jargon, and Cluster F Bombs.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Frequently invoked. Try playing Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 Zombie mode with "Welcome to the Club" by DJ Manian or "Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions" by The Lonely Island playing in the background for one thing.
- The Spock
- The Stoic: See The Quiet One above.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: It's a bad habit.
- TV Tropes Ruined Your Life: Added an entry on that page.
- Verbal Tic: Sometimes I finish my sentences like they were a question, ya?
- Weaksauce Weakness: People.
- Word Of God: Made this very page.
- Zerg Rush: How I solve my problems in RTSs, usually involving hordes of the best Mooks I can build.