That's me, right...?
...Yep, that's me.
Um... I can't think of anything witty to say. So I guess I'll just talk. I am 22 years old. I love hyperanalyzing things I like, even if I'm not very good at it yet. Therefore, TV Tropes
was a dream come true.
I love writing Fan Fic
. I've been posting my most recent work to Fanfiction.net,
where I am also Gancena, and crossposting to my deviantART page,
and I used to have several private works going between me and my friends, including my dear RoyalFanatic
...What the dang else can I say that won't also
apply to my tropes list?
This Troper exhibits examples of:
- Afraid of Needles: After reading Cuanta Vida and seeing Episode 6 of Mortal Kombat Legacy, I feel like can't trust those things.
- Apologizes a Lot
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder and/or Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Fanfics + Internet + School = updates that are months apart.
- Author Avatar: Her name is — one guess — Gancena.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: If A. we talk regularly, B. you don't get annoyed at my antics even once and C. you somehow blow me away in a big way, I will love you forever.
- Big Eater
- Brilliant but Lazy: I've been told that I'm a good writer. I nap more often.
- Captain Obvious: Sometimes without thinking.
- Cat Smile: After watching Konata for so long, I sometimes try to imitate this.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: My ideal modus operandi.
- Covert Pervert: I read lots of smut fic. Only a handful of people know this. You are now among them.
- Crack Is Cheaper: I have recently become a bit of a shopaholic in regards to my fandoms' merchandise.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: I RickRoll'd my senior field trip at a karaoke restaurant.
- Curtains Match the Window: Technically. Depends on whether you count my hair as black or dark, dark brown.
- Cuteness Proximity: Turned Up to Eleven with Pikachu.
- Dethroning Moment of Suck: When I was fourteen, I wrote a smutfic and shared it with random kids at school.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life
- Ditzy Genius: High INT, low WIS.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: You'd be hard-pressed to find someone on the Internet who doesn't know me as Gancena. Even people in real life have been surprised to realize Gancena isn't my birth name.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: I may not have seen certain pages of Cuanta Vida coming, but my subconscious sure did.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Because I have the chair for it. Whee~
- Everything's Worse with Bees: Haven't been stung, sure as hell don't plan to bee.
- Fan Fiction: I write these.
- Forbidden Fruit: There is one fic I have outright banned myself from reading, for reasons too complex for a TV Tropes example.
- Gamer Chick
- Genre Blind: I simply don't notice some fictional "formulas".
- Girls Love Stuffed Pokemon: It was a stuffed Pikachu that started my rapid and eternal descent into video game love.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: When I learn something that surprises me, I will spazz out in some way.
- Grass Is Greener: I'm sometimes convinced that it'd be easier to find my place in another world entirely.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Though usually no one's around to hear it.
- Growing Up Sucks
- Headphones Equal Isolation
- Heroic BSOD: Several.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With RoyalFanatic, even if we're separated by several states.
- Iconic Item: The number of items I own/use is subject to change, but I (as of my last edit) always, always wear a small medical bracelet.
- I Just Want to Be Badass!
- I Just Want to Be Loved.
- I Just Want to Be Special...
- Just Ignore It: My justification for not keeping up with news. If I don't worry much about something, it'll go well or get better. I believe this is best accomplished by thinking about what I actually want.
- Lawful Good: Mostly because I was raised that way.
- Loners Are Freaks
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Subverted. Yes, I am a girl, but that's not the whole point of the trope. While I do include romance in my fics, they're either a subplot or already established so that only doses of fluff are necessary. I just like to mix it in with my adventures, really.
- Original Character: Gancena the character. She has over a dozen variations, most of which you'll never see.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: Multiple times over the years. Notable examples include Raiden, that one guy I really hate, and Proto Man, my current flame.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Self-Insert Fic: A slew of private fics... and a few public ones.
- Shout-Out: References to any of the favorite series listed — and even some series that aren't — are an integral part of my daily conversations.
- Shrinking Violet
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Sometimes the two even mix, as discussed under Just Ignore It.
- Sliding Scale Of Longing for Fictionland And Daydream Believer: With a heavy lean towards the latter, thanks to the possibility of Alternate Universes.
- So You Want to Live Forever
- Sweet Tooth
- Tender Tears: For fictional characters and events. Frequently.
- The Reveal: I have Asperger's Syndrome.
- TV Tropes Will Enhance Your Life
- Yaoi Fangirl and Yuri Fangirl
- You Suck: My thoughts on many of my past selves.