We're two people that like to rp Naruto. We're a girl that we'll call Jo who plays her OC Kagami, and the guy, Katsuro (and yes, that is his real name), plays Itachi. Yes, the OC dates Itachi, but it's Better Than It Sounds
. Here are the tropes we use:
open/close all folders
Tropes of the creators
- Abuse Is Okay When It's Female on Male: Jo and Katsuro live according to this.
- Abusively Sexy Woman: One of the writers is this, and it ain't Katsuro.
- Affably Evil: Jo is very charismatic and is able to talk herself out of anything. It's her charisma that makes her teachers like her, even when she's not only bad at the subject, she has no interest in it whatsoever.
- All Men Are Perverts: Katsuro should be the posterboy.
- All Women Are Lustful: Subverted. Jo may be a tease, but she'd never do anything worse than flirt.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Katsuro is a cross-dresser, and an uke, but he's no virgin.
Jo: I'm fifteen, you expect me to subvert this trope?!
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Katsuro. So much.
- Blackmail: When Jo wants to rp, she'll let nothing stop her. "You're not welcome to my planet anymore. Backa is now forever closed."
- Blatant Lies: Katsuro once told Jo that Kagami, who at this point was both a vampire and the object of Itachi's easily-won love, wasn't a Mary Sue.
Jo: SHUDDUPSHUDDUPSHUDDUP OR I'LL BECOME MOE AND THAT'S FUCKIN' CREEPY... And it wasn't my fault it was easily-won. It was the one playing him.
- Berserk Button: Jo doesn't really have any patience for stupidity. And when it comes it Katsuro...
Jo: WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI WATASHI-
Katsuro: STOP IT!
- Better as Friends
- Blinding Bangs: Both Jo and Katsuro at times.
- Book Dumb: Zig-zagged with Jo. Some things, she just can't understand, no matter how many times it's explained to her. And some things make her look like a genius.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Both of them are very intelligent but lacks motivation. Jo has been told by her teacher she could easily get the highest grade in all subjects (except PE), but she only does what she has to do... Unless she's motivated. Katsuro appreciates high culture, but won't stop reading bad comic books.
- Characterization Marches On: Katsuro used to be a huge manga fan who'd read every single manga book in the local library, which stocks over 1,000. Nowadays, however, he limits his reading to titles that are actually good.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Katsuro. Although Jo comes across as this to many others.
- Completely Missing the Point: Jo pulls this trope every now and then.
Jo: Her.... trousers scare me....
Katsuro: Jo, we're watching The Exorcist. I don't think her trousers are what's supposed to scare you...
- Daddy's Girl: Jo will every now and then get into a rant about how much she loves her father.
- Death of the Author: Katsuro's idea of how to solve the problem of Barbara Bickmore's continued novel-writing.
- Deus Angst Machina: Katsuro's got a penchant for it.
Katsuro: Am I such an unlovable person? Is that why no woman wants me? keeps on for hours
- Distracted by the Sexy: Katsuro about Jo. And a lot of other people.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Katsuro and Jo are just like a couple. Except they aren't a couple. Played to a ridiculous level, with Jo offering Katsuro hypnofics when he's been good.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Katsuro, Katsuro, Oh God, Katsuro.
- Emo Teen: Subverted with Katsuro, who's actually twenty-four.
Jo: Emo? Not if I have a say in the matter.
- Extreme Doormat: Katsuro in days of yore.
- Even Evil Has Standards: After finding out Katsuro was in love with her, Jo refused to manipulate him, saying it was wrong to take advantage of his feelings. However, when it was revealed he only was "in lust" with her, she went back to seducing him.
- Evil Laugh: Jo tends to do that. Her laughter once turned her entire form deaf. Jo was proud.
- Fan Boy: Katsuro is a big fan of Orochimaru.
- Fangirl: Jo is very enthusiastic about her love for Itachi, Konan and Naruto in general.
- For the Evulz / For the Lulz: Jo basically is this trope.
- Genre Savvy: Jo claims to have watched too many scary movies to be really affected anymore. While watching The Exorcist, she only reacted when Regan began to vomit bile, and even that was merely surprise.
- Gratuitous English: Jo loves to use English in lieu of Swedish. About every twentieth time she does it, she will have an actual reason to.
- Hidden Depths: Jo is generally very cheerful and happy, but if you piss her off... She will make you cry. This is because during her childhood, she was bullied and learned to take alot of crap in order to keep friends. It's still there, but now she has a limit. Katsuro on the other hand appears to be just a Cloud Cuckoo Lander but is actually very easily hurt and intelligent.
- Hime Cut: Once again, one of the writers and it ain't Katsuro.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Jo "collects" seiyuus and has tracks of all of the Akatsuki's (except Kakuzu and Kisame) singing on her cellphone.
- Hollywood Sex: Jo hates this trope. The lemon scenes are thus directed by Katsuro, as Jo has no sexual experience whatsoever and doesn't want to fail sex ed. That's why she'll never ever let Katsuro forget how he thought unlubricated sex would not be painful...
- Hypno Fool: Katsuro does pretty much anything that Jo tells him to when she hypnotizes him.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Jo has boobs. Katsuro must obey.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: If Katsuro's depressed, Jo will do anything to cheer him up. Even offer him a hypnofic.
- Just Friends: Katsuro and Jo.
- Lady in Red: Jo. She turned up to school with purple clothes one day. Everyone commented on how she was not wearing red.
- Les Yay: Jo and her best friend Lee. Hell, people often ask them if they're a couple. They say they are, just to see the baffled look on the curious person's face.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Jo to Katsuro. When not giving him bruises, that is.
- Manipulative Bastard: Jo.
- Ms. Fanservice: Katsuro's friends with a lipstick lesbian who once managed to quit eating candy for a year with the help of a hypnotherapist. We repeat: A hypnotized lesbian who did what the hypnotist had told her to for a year.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Jo found a picture of a shirtless Akatsuki on Deviantart. She immiedately proceeded to check if the measurements were correct.
- Of Corsets Sexy: Jo owns a corset and is not afraid of using it.
- Perky Goth: Jo.
- Precision F-Strike: This conversation:
Jo: Katsuro, sweetheart. When I tell you to do something... YOU BETTER FUCKIN' DO IT.
Katsuro: You are officially the sexiest person I ever met and I'll do anything you say.
- Proper Lady: Jo, according to Katsuro. "You go nuts over tea parties. You don't swear that often. You don't like kinda use words that's like, kinda like this, like all the time, kinda. You're clever. You play the piano. You read good literature. And you're beautiful. No proper lady is ugly."
- Qipao: Jo looks good in one.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Jo, according to Katsuro.
- Running Gag: "I'M NOT A LESBIAN, DAMMIT!"
- She's Got Legs: Katsuro considers this Jo's best physical trait.
- Spot of Tea: If you ever visit Jo's home, she will make you some tea. She loves tea. She loves tea more than brits. Seriously.
- Stalker with a Crush: Katsuro, oh so much. Jo doesn't really mind, though.
- Technicolor Eyes: Depending on the ligh,t Jo's eyes can look either green, grey, blue or yellow. They're actually green with golden spots.
- The Southpaw / A Sinister Clue: Jo's a leftie.
- The Vamp: Jo tries to be this to Katsuro and succeeds disconcertingly often.
- Third-Person Person: Jo becomes this at times. Also this conversation:
Katsuro remarked he was so tired he almost couldn't type the words Jo was reading, much less come up with things to write in the rp. Jo:
Jo muttered he'd probably be much more alert if it included a hypnofic. Katsuro:
Katsuro claimed he was too tired even for a hypnofic. Jo:
Jo wondered if that meant he'd turn one down right now? Katsuro:
Katsuro wondered if Jo was serious. Jo:
Jo said she was. Katsuro:
Katsuro said he really was tired. Jo:
Jo said that was too bad, considering there wouldn't be many more. Katsuro:
Katsuro wondered why. Jo: Jo said it was because she simply disliked them. Katsuro:
Hm, said Katsuro. Jo:
And that's why there won't be many more, Jo said. Katsuro:
Nevertheless did Katsuro wish to sleep. Jo:
Jo shrugged and said that if he didn't take the chance now, she'd erase it. Katsuro: In that case, he'd take the chance now.
- Tv Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Both Katsuro and Jo.
- WHAM Episode: When Katsuro confessed that he was in love with Jo.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Katsuro wears a skirt and tights most days when he's at home. Sometimes in public.
- You Fail Sex Education Forever: Unlubricated sex isn't going to be painful for the recieving part? Really, Katsuro? Really?
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Itachi has had sex before while Kagami was a virgin.
- All Just a Dream: This is how the omake was incorporated into the main storyline. Kagami did not really walk naked to the kitchen. The question, though, is whether it was a wet dream or a bad dream...
- And I Must Scream: Kagami is hypnotized into walking naked to the kitchen and back without being able to cover herself or talk. She doesn't care for it.
- Author Appeal: Katsuro has a thing for hypnosis and mind control. It shows. Jo, on the other hand, does not but is kind enough to indulge him.
- Better Than It Sounds: Like I said.
- Bolivian Army Ending
- Bondage Is Bad: Subverted with Itachi, who is not a villain after all. May or may not be played straight with Kagami, who's in the gray area.
- Casual Kink: Genjutsu is very good for S&M.
- Character Development: After taking part in some S&M with Itachi, Kagami feels ashamed of it and realizes that the reason she does is her mother's words about how women need to be strong.
- Character Tics: Kagami blushes and bites her lip a lot. Itachi has developed one too: smiling. Yes, it counts. This is Itachi.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Deidara has done some awful, awful things to Kagami. His punishment is pilaf for dinner.
- Crowning Moment of Funny:
- Deidara and pilaf.
- The prequel has this gem:
Kisame's POV: Why did she [Kagami] want to be trained? Why by him? Why wouldn't she let him drink in peace?
- In general, anything regarding Kisame.
- Also, this paragraph from an omake had Jo laugh so loud she woke her parents up:
Maybe there was no solution, just like that. Maybe it'd be bothersome for [Kagami] if [Itachi] always was there to cheer her up when she had bad days. Maybe he'd have to accept Kagami just had bad days at times.
Maybe he'd ask Kisame and Pain to help him make her a very very big bananasplit.
- Another one from the prequel:
"Maybe we should get someone to clean as well," Hidan said. Kakuzu remarked that'd be way too expensive. Besides, the organization was secret for a reason. "Shut up!"
"Yesss..." Orochimaru hissed. "Why not put some flyers up, saying that the Akatsuki is looking for a maid, with a convinient description on how to get to the HQ..."
"How did that girl get here then, eh?!"
"She was looking for me," Kisame said. Hidan suddenly got quiet. He looked at Kisame as if he was trying to figure something out. He soon gave up. "...Why?"
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The night before Itachi dies, and they're talking about it:
So [Kagami] had to say it. "Itachi, you're going to die anyway."
"Yes. That's why I'm sacrificing myself for Sasuke. I have to do it, so that things will turn out well for him. Or at least better than they would have otherwise. But he's not more important than you."
Hearing that made her happy, although she barely noticed. "He's your brother."
"You're my Kagami."
- Cry into Chest: Kagami cries into Itachi's chest after first hearing about his plans for the future and then slapping him. In that order.
- Downer Ending: How it ended. Kagami dies in an alley after a battle with a serial killer. Not only is she dead, but in her last thoughts she lampshades exactly how depressing her life was... And then it's cranked up to eleven by implying she's going to hell.
- Drinking On Duty: Kisame. He even offers Kagami a sip. She declines.
- Extreme Doormat: Subverted. It's shown in the dream/omake the reason Kagami is obedient is because usually, she simply doesn't mind the things she's told to. When she does mind...
- Fetish Fuel: Itachi uses his genjutsu to make Kagami sit in his lap in the beginning. She doesn't mind. Another piece of fetish fuel is a drawing of Kagami where she's hypnotized and says "I'll do as I'm told..." that Jo made for Katsuro. He likes that drawing. A lot.
- Foregone Conclusion: It's already been determined by Kishimoto how Itachi's going to end up, so we can't go against that. But we averted it with Gato; we had him killed. Hey, nobody cares what happens to Gato.
- Foreshadowing: Well, Itachi DID say Kagami wouldn't be able to get over his death...
- Full-Body Disguise: A Konan-imposter tries to use one. Doesn't work.
- Good People Have Good Sex: To judge from the lemon scenes, Itachi and Kagami are very good people indeed.
- Growing the Beard: The story goes from jokes all around to a more serious level than the original series ever reached.
- Hidden Depths: Itachi has this. He's got a romantic side that he never gets a chance to show in the manga. Or so we interpret him.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Kagami's character art shows this.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Itachi who tells Kagami to find someone else when he's died.
- Jerkass: We write Deidara to be one.
- Karma Houdini: No one calls Kagami out on her not doing her job as a cook.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Averted.
- Lampshade Hanging: At one point it's mentioned that the way Kagami keeps biting her lip is bound to cause bleeding at some point. And it does, two days before Itachi's death.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Itachi dies in the end.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Kagami has read Shonen Jump. And yes, it featured a manga called Naruto, though we weren't told what that manga was about.
- Lemon: Oh yes.
- Les Yay: Kagami and Konan. Or at least Katsuro wishes.
- Long Runner
- Manly Tears
- Mary Sue: Averted with Kagami. Really. We promise.
- Master of Disguise: One tries to infiltrate the Akatsuki by disuising himself as Konan. Doesn't work.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Fans: The story is set at the Akatsuki's hideout, Itachi is one of the main characters, Kisame and Konan are reoccuring.
- No Periods, Period: If Kishimoto didn't feel any need to explain how female ninja handle this, we don't either.
- Omake: Most omakes are lemon scenes. Jo uses these as a bribe when she wants to rp and Katsuro does not.
- Original Character: Kagami.
- Out of Character: Completely averted.
- People Puppets: Itachi makes Kagami one for sexual reasons.
- Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Averted, missions are being attended and completed.
- Power Perversion Potential: Genjutsu was probably not meant for sex.
- Relationship Sabotage: Hidan does this in the omake.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Kagami has been under development for over a year. Jo refuses to speak of what Kagami used to be.
- Running Gag: "The big statue-thing" and "special Akatsuki condoms." Oh, and "nobody cares what happens to Gato."
- Shout-Out: In his youth, Itachi read a book called A Goodbye to Swords by Hemiwayu.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: It is definately brighter at the start then at the ending. And by the sequel, we go into the territory of Parental Neglect, alcoholism, Kagami's crappy childhood in general (which almost ends with her killing her mum) and how Kagami herself becomes much more cynical. The ending is so depressing it makes Sasuke look happy.
- Smurfette Principle: Kagami's presence means that this is averted.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Itachi is going to die. Kagami is not happy.
- Straw Feminist: Kagami's mother, Tsubaki.
- The Alcoholic: Kagami's father, Kyosuke, is drowning his sorrows.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Averted. Deidara wonders if Kagami's hot for her teacher. He dismisses that idea, and he's absolutely right in doing so. Kagami does, however have some very grudging respect towards her teacher, although she'd rather bite her tongue offnote than admit it.
- Tearjerker: In Katsuro's opinion, when Itachi reveals his plans to Kagami. In Jo's opinion, how Kagami spent her last time and just the concept of being completely alone.
- There Are No Therapists
- The Stoic: Itachi, though sometimes he's more emotional.
- Training from Hell: Itachi trains till it hurts whenever he uses his muscles. Then he keeps going for a quarter of an hour.
- WHAM Episode: When Itachi revealed to Kagami what his plans for the future included. She slapped him.
- Wolverine Claws: Averted. We don't use them.
Jo: Dude, why are you here instead of his official page on Naruto?!
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Not with that amount of fangirls...
- Bastard Boyfriend: He becomes this in the hypnofics. Somewhat justified by the fact that if he wasn't, there would be no hypnofics and Katsuro would be depressed and Jo would have to comfort him.
- Casual Kink: He really seems to have a thing for hypnosis in bed. No Author Appeal at all, of course...
- Freudian Excuse: You know the drill...
- Hidden Depths: His inner monologues show us emotions his face doesn't.
- Hypnotic Eyes: Mangekyou sharingan.
- Idiot Ball: Omake only, and a major Out-of-Character Moment, but in a hypnofic, he pretty much uses Marital Rape License and for some reason thinks forcing a very pissed off Kagami to give him a blowjob is a good idea. She bites. Both Jo and Katsuro thought he deserved it.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: "He didn't usually drink, but right now he could use a big glass of saké."
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Tells Kagami to find a new man when he's gone.
- Killed Off for Real
- Kuudere: Maybe not so dere, but definately kuu.
- Leitmotif: According to Katsuro, Soichiro Arima II from the Kare Kano OST. Jo thinks it should be Soichiro Arima I, but okay...
- Manly Tears
- Self-Sacrifice Scheme
- Silent Scape Goat
- Single Tear
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Kagami.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Of course. Rightout stated... By Deidara.
- The Stoic: Not so stoic, though, when you get a slice of his thoughts.
- The Unfunny
- Training from Hell: Exposes himself to this.
- Unable to Cry: Itachi subverts this with his Manly Tears.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Itachi's first impulse after Kagami slaps him is to hit her, but he doesn't because you "don't hit a girl unless she's attacked you."
She's 19 years old, a student of Kisame and not a vampire.
- Abusive Parents: Her mother was one emotionally.
- Action Girl: Has no remorse whatsoever about killing her opponents, nor is she unwilling to fight.
- And I Must Scream: Sometimes ends up trapped in her own body in the omakes.
- Anti-Hero: Is much less sympathetic in the sequel. And sometimes just a bitch.
- Badass Normal: Kagami has very poor chakra control and has learned to rely on taijutsu.
- Broken Aesop: Money's not everything. Torturing people, however...
- Calling the Old Man Out: Actually, the old woman. And how.
- Careful With That Axe: Yeah, Kagami, we understand you're angry with your mother for giving you a crappy childhood... But do you really have to... you know... threaten to kill her?
- Character Development: Does some very needed thinking and matures from her I don't care-personality... And then she becomes passive to the point of apathetic.
- Character Tics: Bites her lip when frustrated or when she doesn't know what to say.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: When she's angry at one of the Akatsuki members, she makes their least favourite meal for dinner.
- Covert Pervert: Not played for laughs.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Her chat with her mummy.
- Cry into Chest: Does this twice.
- Damsel in Distress: Subverted. Kagami may get into those situations, but she mostly gets out of them by herself.
- Dandere / Kuudere
- Dark Magical Girl: Lacks the counterpart, position in the story and the magic, but the personality fits perfectly.
- Death Seeker: Jossed. She doesn't seek death nor life.
- Despair Event Horizon: Reaches this when understanding her parents after seven years still want to get rid of her.
- Word of God note states that that's only what Kagami herself is willing to believe and accept. Her real Despair Event Horizon was when she was told she'd better leave the Akatsuki HQ. That was a bigger hit than Itachi's death. Not so strange, considering she'd had a year to mentally prepare herself for that. The HQ, however, was the only place she'd ever thought of as a home and while still trying to adjust to Itachi's death, she had to cut off all bonds with that one place. In other words, there's a reason her favourite word is "place".
- Dying Alone
- Dying Moment of Awesome: Manages to turn her death into a suicide mission.
- Extreme Doormat: Subverted as she only does what she's told because she doesn't see any reason not to.
- Facial Horror: She's relieved when this turns out to be averted.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Also subverted; Kagami is a rather good cook.
- Freedom from Choice: Prefers this because of her Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality.
- Freudian Excuse: Kagami's childhood most likely resulted in autophobia, which is a fear of being alone. This leads to self hatred, which paradoxically means her autophobia fuels her autophobia. That works two ways, as her fear of loneliness leads to self hatred, which leads to a stronger desire of being loved, which leads to more self hatred...
- Gory Discretion Shot: Averted. We got to know exactly where she's been stabbed and how deep the wound is.
- Hartman Hips: Her wide hips are one of her defining physical traits, leading to Baby Got Back.
- Her Heart Will Go On: Until it gets stabbed, that is...
- Heroic BSOD / Villainous Breakdown: Depending on how you see her. This is averted when Itachi dies, and she just keeps going despite a desperate need of seeing a shrink. When she cuts off all bonds with her family and later finds out Kisame and Konan both are dead aswell, however...
- Hypno Fool: In the first omake.
- I Ain't Got Time to Bleed: She's ain't got time to die. Not until her killer's dead.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: She's got it.
- Informed Ability: She doesn't really do much in the lemon scenes.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Although she'd never admit it, this is her biggest motivation.
- Karma Houdini: Sometimes, she just makes instant ramen for lunch. If the members of Akatsuki are lucky, she'll pour hot water on it. No one calls her out on it. But then she gets hit by...
- Laser-Guided Karma
- Leitmotif: Jo and Katsuro agree that if an anime was made, Kagami's theme would be either Emilie Autumn's Shalott or Oshima Hiroyuki's why, or why not. Her death scene gets Lost In Paradise by Evanescence.
- Luminescent Blush: Kagami is prone to this, and she doesn't like it one bit. It disappears later, though
- Mary Sue: AVERTED. Seriously, don't even joke about it, Jo will break into tears.
- Moral Event Horizon: In-universe example, as Kagami herself believes to have crossed this when threatening to kill her mother.
- Original Character: Jo's been working on her for over a year.
- Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality: Prefers to be submissive in order to get past this.
- Parental Neglect: Both her parents think they would be better off without her.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Averted.
- People Puppets: Becomes one for sexual reasons.
- Real Men Get Shot: Gets stabbed several times in... vital areas... The only reaction she shows is getting pale. Also serves as a The Determinator moment for her, as she refuses to die before her killer does.
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses: Subverted as Kagami wears a skirt.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: She used to be a vampire.
Jo: I WAS THIRTEEN! THIRTEEN! BUT SHE'S NOT ANYMORE! SHE'S A GOOD CHARACTER NOW! YES, YES, A GOOD CHARACTER..! *goes into a hysterical fit*
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Itachi.
- Taking You with Me: her last words. "...If I die... You're dying with me..."
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers one to her mother.
"You think you're moral personified in a world of sin, and you never miss an opporturnity to explain that. But you know what? You're not. You're a sad little person who likes to believe you're better than everybody else. [...] And let me just add I don't feel the slightest sorry for you. It's not my fault you decide to get a kid which you don't take proper care of and then complain about me not being what you consider a perfect daughter. While you're at it, stop pretending to be a martyr, you and dad don't love each other, far from it. Quit whining and get a divorce."
- Theres No Kill Like Over Kill: Hoo boy... First of all, most women would be goners after a stab to the diaphragm, there's just so many blood vessels there. But just in case she'd survive that, let's try to puncture one of her lungs while we're at it. Of course, it might have missed a vital organ and she might survive the midriff-stab, so let's aim for the heart aswell!
- The Runaway: Type 2.
- Tsundere: Type A. Subverted in that she doesn't act tsuntsun nor deredere around her love interest.
- Becomes an Informed Ability in the sequel. If she acts like she hates you, she most likely hates you.
- Woobie / Jerkass Woobie: Her life made even Jo depressed, and Jo didn't bat an eye when seriously discussing whether Kagami would get raped or not.They went for a serial killer instead of a rapist, by the way.
Like in the original, he's Itachi's companion. He also serves as Kagami's teacher.
Was the Big Bad
in the beginning, and then he faded away and died off-screen.
Despite being a favourite character of one of the creators, Konan isn't featured that much. She is, however, one of the few recurring characters.