open/close all folders
Image Pickin's I've Been Involved With:
Found Pictures For I love finding images for tropes. You're always bound to see my participation in a dozen or so Image Pickin' Conversations at any given time.
- AlienLovesPredator: Right before I made this entry, in fact.
- Cryonics Failure: formerly "Popsicle Splat."
- Cosmic Horror Story: I feel it's my personal Crowning Moment of Awesome, if I may be so bold.
- Eternal Engine: Currently in the midst of this discussion here: !!
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: "Hey, Oscar Wylde- It's clobberin' time!
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Cropped the two pics together, and my suggested caption was actually chosen. Yay!
Tropes that apply to This Troper:
- Actual Pacifist
- Addiction Displacement: My weapon of choice against my obsessive personality.
- All Work vs. All Play: My wife and I, at times.
- Apologizes a Lot
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: To the point that I have yet to finish a single story.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Brilliant but la--
- Conversational Troping
- Happily Married
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- Ninja Editor: It's rare site to see a post I've made that doesn't feature the "edited on..." footnote.
- Picky Eater: My whole life, I've had issues with the texture of most fruits. Yes, the whole food group.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: More so verbally than textually.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Graham crackers & milk! (tm)
- The Movie Buff: A bit rusty since fatherhood happened; I confess that mostly I use This Very Wiki to keep up appearances.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: Guilty as charged.
- Rape as Comedy: At least, when it's applied to women. Yeah, I know that's a double standard
- Sacrificial Lion: I love a good twist, but more often than not this trope is used as a twist for the sake of a twist rather than adding something to the story.
- X. Just...X: Really!!? You actually think I automatically know what you're talking about based on the title alone!? You couldn't, I don't know, ELABORATE!? Grr.
My Obsession With Trilogies & Franchises
My favorite tales invariably tend to be in the form of epic, inter-connecting trilogies. The important thing to me is that As a result, I tend to hate Two-Part Trilogies and Trilogy Creep. These ones you could guess from my handle:
- Star Wars: The originals, thankyouverymuch. (Though as I've gotten older I've developed criticisms for Jedi.)
- The Lord of the Rings: Perhaps, to me, the most important entry of all my favorited things.
- The Dark Knight Saga: Grew up on Burton's Batman, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how Nolan's saga is holding my attention.
- Back to the Future: Perhaps the only time that a Two-Part Trilogy worked.
- The Matrix: Jumped the Shark way too fast; it had so much potential. Sob.
- The Bourne Series: Tight pacing and storytelling.
- ''Your Mind Makes It Real'' Trilogy: Distillation of Post Cyber Punk, with Inception, Dark City, and the first Matrix
- ''80's Monsters are Better'' Trilogy: The Blob, Fly, Thing 80's remakes.
- Stop-Motion Impressionism Trilogy: Made up of The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, and Coraline. ∅
- More to add as I think of 'em.
- Alien: The first is psychological horror perfection, the second is deservedly one of the most influential action-suspense films of all time, the 3rd and 4th are incredibly flawed but still viable works of art. AVP, however, doesn't exist outside of comic books.
- James Bond: I was already a fan during the Brosnan years, but the retool was a breath of fresh air I didn't know the series needed.
- More to add as I think of 'em.
Music I Like
- Thanks for the comment on my page! - Frodo Goofball Co TV