Tropers: Followerof Eris
A 28 year-old male troper from the cold wastes of Minnesota. (Yah, sure, you betcha.) I live about an hour south of the Twin Cities except we call them "The Cities". Actually, I'm very close to Mankato , where the largest mass execution in U.S. History occured. We try to keep that last part quiet, though. While a major geek in all respects, I love RPGs the most. I'm the DM/GM/Storyteller about 90% of the time. Currently running an Old World of Darkness cross-over game based in
Milwaukee Boulder. It contains many homages, Shout Outs and outright stealing from many sources, including The Dark Tower. The players are a Demon-possessed hitman, an ex-military doctor Hunter who looks like the Comedian from Watchmen, a semi-famous web-film director Mage and a 14-year old prostitute Garou. They Fight Pentex! Suffice it to say, it's exactly as crazy as it sounds.
I'm a Discordian. (Yes, really.) Plans to do a major Entry Pimp on Principia Discordia are pending.
Works that I dig include, but are no means limited to:
- A Song of Ice and Fire
- The Dark Tower
- Harry Potter
- Neil Gaiman (Especially American Gods and Neverwhere)
- Perdido Street Station
- Anything by Stephen King
- Tom Robbins
- Watership Down
- The Wheel of Time
- Neal Stephenson especially Cryptonomicon, The Baroque Cycle and Snow Crash. I'm still working on the rest
- Dungeons & Dragons: My first love. I'm been reading the books/playing/DM'ing for 20 years or so. (Since I was 7!) Back in the day, I was able to check out First Edition AD&D books from the local library.
- World of Darkness
- Charmed: I originally watched it because of my (now ex-)wife, but I grew to like it. YMMV, but I think it is a better show than it's given credit for.
- Gilmore Girls: Same as Charmed, except I think that it's quality was never in question. (Except for the last season.)
- Good Eats: Best cooking show EVAH!
- iCarly: A Guilty Pleasure. I'm not afraid to admit it.
- Pro Wrestling
- Video Games
- Web Stuff
Tropes present in my life include:
- Dead Guy Junior: My son's first name is the name of a close friend of mine who died young.