Tropers / Fellsing
I'm Holly, though you can refer to me as Fellsing, Fell, Fells or, by a select few, Fifi...
No, I'm not kidding about that last one. Some people on one of my roleplaying boards have started calling me 'Fifi'.
I am an aspiring author of both original stories and some fanfiction. When writing or coming up with story ideas, I tend to focus more on characters and dialogue than I do plot, so if any of my stories come across as having a Random Events Plot
, I apologise. It's something I hope to work on over time.
Note: to fully enjoy the rest of this page, please imagine it as spoken by comedian Andy Parsons from Mock the Week
, as I apparently sound like him whenever I'm telling a joke or am overly excited. Trust me, once you start, you Can't Un-Hear It
These tropes that best describe me:
- Alice Allusion: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel are some of my favourite books, so expect a references to it in some of my works, from characters named Alice, to white rabbits, to chess or Playing Card Motifs, and to the use of mirrors.
- All of the Other Reindeer: When I was in my early to mid teens, and especially in my last year of school.
- Apologizes a Lot: See Guilt Complex below.
- Art Evolution: My drawing has really improved in the last couple of years. My humans now have proper necks and shoulders, for one.
- Asperger Syndrome
- Berserk Button: I have a tendency to get irritated very easily, unfortunately, but especially when people:
- Try to talk about subjects they clearly don't understand.
- Try and talk to me while in deep thought and/or trying to focus on something.
- Talk down to me. This happens a lot, sadly.
- Get frustrated with me because I don't understand what they're trying to say.
- Interrupt or talk over me.
- Dismiss my concerns and fears as "unimportant". Sometimes they might be quite right about this (see Nervous Wreck below), but it doesn't make it any less hurtful.
- Big Eater
- Black Comedy: I'm quite the fan of this.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: I have been all three at some time or another.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I'm a quite a good cook, and, according to my family and friends, not a bad writer either. Unfortunately, I'm incredibly lazy and don't usually get much done during the day.
- Catch-Phrase: I have a couple.
- "Howdy" and "Heeeeeeey" are my common greetings.
- "Oki dokes" and "Alrighty" when agreeing with someone.
- "Yeah, but, see, here's the thing, right..." Usually occurs when I'm giving some bullshit excuse.
- "Ah, good times." When I'm reminiscing about various Noodle Incidents of the past. Usually used ironically.
- "It'll be great, we can all go!" Also often used ironically.
- "You're making it worse!"
- "Good luck with your endeavours!"
- Cat Scare: I am very jumpy, and often frightened by my cat at night, as she has a tendency to go crazy during the nighttime and run around like a mad thing.
- Celeb Crush: Noel Fielding. Don't you judge me. He's awesome.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: I am often described by my family as being 'away with the fairies'.
- Creepy Monotone
- Cuteness Proximity: Particularly when it comes to a Cute Kitten or Bunnies for Cuteness.
- Deadpan Snarker: I have my moments.
- Stepford Snarker: A lot of my sarcastic or dryly humorous moments tend to occur after a tense moment or when I'm doing something I don't particularly enjoy, so I probably classify as one.
- The Ditz: Sometimes. I've even got the blonde hair to go with it.
- The Eeyore
- Emo Teen: Went through this phase during my early teens. It didn't last long.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Subverted; I'm not overtly feminine, though I'm no tomboy either, and I've recently found that I have quite talent for cooking. Unfortunately, I'm so lazy, I don't cook that often.
- Flat Joy: Yay.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: In my family, I'm the Realist, with my mother being the Optimist, my father being the Cynic, and my brother being the Apathetic.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: In my family, I am Melancholic, with my mother being Phlegmatic, my father being Chloric and my brother being Sanguine.
- Gratuitous Spanish: I tend to drop in words like 'Amigo', 'Gracias' and 'Compadre' when speaking sometimes.
- Green-Eyed Monster: I get jealous very easily, to the point that, only a year or so ago, I could have been considered a Clingy Jealous Girl.
- Grumpy Bear: More often than not.
- Guilt Complex: When something goes wrong or someone is upset or angry, expect me to apologize, even when it's not my fault.
- Hikikomori: Though I prefer the term hermit.
- Ice Queen: Due to my Aspergers, I'm incredibly shy and tend to come off as very cold and sometimes even rude to those who don't know me very well. Generally, when I get more comfortable with people, I tend to defrost, though there are exceptions.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Sometimes I wish I had superpowers or was a Magical Girl, though not the Madoka kind of Magical Girl.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Averted! Well... at least, I hope so. I actually have a chronic cough that I've had for at least a year now. Sometimes it dissipates, but it always comes back, usually at night when I'm trying to sleep. I've seen my doctor about it and she thinks it might be either a nervous cough or a type of asthma. I now have my very own Nerdy Inhaler which I use only when my cough is at its very worst.
- The Load: I sometimes feel like this.
- Mirror Scare: I have a fear of mirrors, and really hate it when I have to go to the bathroom at night and I see my own reflection staring back at me in the dark.
- Mood-Swinger: I am a walking case of Mood Whiplash.
- Muse Abuse: It's mild, but it's there. If I try out a new experience, like going somewhere I've never been to before or attending a social gathering, I do so usually for the sake of the experience, so I can add it to my list of real-life experiences to further help me in my writing.
- My Hair Came Out Green: During my early teen years, I went through a phase of trying to dye my hair red. However, my hair is quite light in colour, a sort of darkish blonde to be exact, and once, it came out a very bright, pale orange. I kind of liked it, actually, though I was a lot more careful in the future.
- Nerd: And proud.
- Nervous Wreck: Due to an anxiety disorder, I unfortunately am one.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Despite being somewhat squeamish, I'm a huge fan of the horror genre and I think I actually enjoy scaring myself at times. What other reason, after all, do I have for continuously watching Let's Players play Five Nights At Freddy's and its various sequels?
- Nightmare Fuel Colouring Book: Some of the notebooks and scrapbooks full of my old drawings are this. As well as being very crudely drawn, some of drawings are surprisingly violent. One has to wonder was going through my younger self's mind.
- No Indoor Voice: Occasionally. I have a tendency to speak loudly in public without realising it, due to my faulty hearing.
- Older Than They Look: Apparently, people find it difficult to believe I am an adult.
- Old Shame: Just thinking about some my older drawings and stories on my deviantArt makes me cringe.
- One of the Kids: A lot of my friends when I was younger tended to be at least a year younger than me, and even now I'm adult, I'm still very child-like in my hobbies and understanding of the world around me.
- The Paranoiac: Due to my Nervous Wreck status.
- Perpetual Frowner: I rarely ever smile.
- The Quiet One / Shrinking Violet
- Rapunzel Hair: As I'm too lazy to get my hair cut, my hair usually gets to ridiculous lengths. At the moment, it's reasonably long, though it probably will become overgrown at some point.
- Self-Insert Fic: A lot of my old stories used to be this. Less so these days, though my characters probably have at least a few of my traits.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With my older brother. He's the Yang to my Yin, the Red Oni to my Blue Oni.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: I tend to drop the Cluster F Bombs often, much to my family's dismay.
- Spot of Tea: Yes, I am English, and I like tea. Yes, I Am Very British. Now let's please move on.
- Stepford Smiler: When talking to me on the internet, you'll often see me cheerfully greeting other people, voicing my own opinions on topics, and often either using the '^^', 'X3' or 'XD' faces. Trust me, I am nothing like that in real life.
- Super OCD: I suffer from OCD, and it is the main contributor to my Nervous Wreck status.
- Sweet Tooth: I do like me some chocolate brownies and vanilla ice cream.
- Third-Person Person: Sometimes, I will refer to myself in third person online.
- Trademark Favourite Drink: Coca cola. Along with tea, it's one of the beverages I drink the most.
- Verbal Tic: While I don't usually notice it, a couple of people have informed me that I have a tendency to give a weird little laugh at the end of my sentences, usually when I'm nervous or over excited.
- I also have a weird tendency to refer to people, both men and women, as 'bro'.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: While I actually have many fears (including snakes), my biggest fear is of the dark. Just the idea of being in a dark room alone, without the single hint of sound and unable to fully see what's in front of me... Nothing Is Scarier, indeed.