Tropers / Fairy Red
The face of evil. Maybe.
Alaskan gamin' chick
with her own TV Tropes
page. Proud and loyal Nintendo fan
. Enjoys using Emoticons
wherever I can. 8D Hello. Currently, I am a second-year college student majoring in Japanese.
If you ever want to see what's happening with me outside of TV Tropes
, you can find me at:
Now then, onto the troping. Cheers!
Fairy Red provides examples of:
- Afraid of Needles: Also Afraid of Blood, so I always dread the doctors taking my blood, and get nervous when I donate blood.
- All of the Other Reindeer: In elementary school. I made my first friend in middle school, and the other reindeer went away!
- Alternate Character Interpretation: My main method of writing and drawing fan stuff. Defying canon is a specialty of mine, though nowadays I try not to defile canon TOO much.
- Always Someone Better: So much angsting over artists who draw way better than me...
- Apologizes a Lot: Due to being rather shy and terribly clumsy in real life, I'm very much known for apologizing often. It's a borderline Catch Phrase for me.
- Author Appeal: I love short guys, and love tall girls. I love it when a guy is shorter than a girl in a romance. And I especially love it when a girl is older than a guy in a romance. Expect to see a lot of these in my future original stories.
- Author Avatar: the above image. The only thing my on-line avatar and I have in common is the red hair!
- Bad Liar: Even complete strangers can tell when I'm lying. The tell is usually a guilty smile and nervous laughing.
- Berserk Button: I have quite a few of them. I'm a mild case of Beware the Nice Ones once I lose my temper.
- Big Breasts, Big Deal: Yes, I'm a busty lady. No, I don't really care about that.
- Big Eater: I love, love, LOVE to eat. I'd eat my meal, my friends meal, and all the dessert, and still have room for more.
- Bi the Way: There have been women I've been attracted to.
- Blind Without 'Em: If I take off my glasses with one hand on the keyboard of this laptop, I couldn't even see my fingernails, or my knuckles.
- Braids, Beads and Buckskins: Alaskan Native, yo.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Or so my mom and sisters say. At least I know I am lazy!
- Book Dumb: I can remember all 649 Pokemon off the top of my head, but I canít even recall a line from Romeo and Juliet.
- Buffy Speak: Not so much online, where I can collect my thoughts better, but in Real Life, this happens a lot.
- Cannot Spit It Out: If someone were to write a story of my life, expect to be frustrated on the chapter where I teeter on the edge of telling the boy I like that I like him, only to bail and change the subject at the last minute.
- Captain Obvious: To my sisters, and possibly my friends. I'm usually the last one to figure out Easter Eggs and the like. And when I point them out, they always like to go "No, really?"
- Catch Phrase: On my dA page, I'm known to say "Peace out!", and "Enjoy!" a lot. In Real Life, my catchphrases now include "Oh, you must be joking!" to disappointment.
- Character Development: see Dangerous 16th Birthday.
- Chaste Heroine: I'm interested in being in a relationship, no denying that. But I'd avoid if as long as I can.
- Cross Player: When there is a choice between playing a boy or a girl, I always choose to play as a boy. It has nothing to do with Fanservice, though. I just prefer male heroes to female heroes, despite being a girl myself.
- Cool Big Sis: At least I hope I'm this to my younger friends, and to my sisters!
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: My head is in the clouds so much, it takes a HEAVY dose of reality to knock me back down in Real Life. Online, though, all bets are off, and I can be as wacky as a wombat.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Much to the chagrin of my sisters. If I'm playing Mario Kart Wii, or mess up in a game in general, expect to hear "Goddammit!" in regular intervals. I've also added "oh FUCK!" in moments were something has gone wrong.
- Dangerous 16th Birthday: Let's just say this birthday dropped a massive Drama Bomb on my life.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: My online avatar is. I'm more of a Pale Skinned Redhead.
- Deadpan Snarker: Online I can be/try to be like this. In real life, I'm more like Captain Obvious.
- Die for Our Ship: I'm guilty of this in the past, but I've really mellowed out starting in 2008.
- Dojikko: My lethal clumsiness is why I'm so deathly afraid of falling downstairs. It would be a pretty pathetic way to die. I also trip over things a lot, and more often than not knock over a glass of water, or kick over the computer when trying to get comfy. Watch out.
- Don't Explain the Joke: The reason why you must never tell a joke to me. I might have to ask you to explain it.
- Double Standard: I'm quite guilty of this.
- Everyone Is Bi: I strongly believe this.
- Fanboy: Nintendo's biggest fanboy. I support EVERYTHING they do, almost.
- Fangirl: You better believe it.
- Fan Nickname: Creator of the Fan Nickname "Chikara" for Toon Link. I called him Chikara because A) Calling him Yuuki [Courage] would be too obvious, and B) Chikara means "power", and the hero uses a lot of different powers in The Wind Waker.
- Fanon: I have my own The Legend of Zelda timeline, even in light of the official timeline. I believe it's more fun to play around with stories you like and make things up, rather than rigidly sticking to canon all the time.
- Fiery Redhead: My fuse for temper is nonexistent.
- Fingerless Gloves: I'm collecting these.
- Five Man Band: If I was in one, I'd be The Chick without a doubt.
- Flat "What.": Usually when I hear something that I don't know or understand.
- Gamer Chick: Playing Nintendo games is a HUGE part of my life. I'm quite proud, too.
- Genre Blind: I'm either this, or Wrong Genre Savvy.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: When I remember to have a civil tongue, I use food instead of actual swear words.
- Got Me Doing It: I pick up habits, catch phrases, and verbal tics from EVERYWHERE. I sometimes catch myself acting like the main character of a game I was just playing!
- Grammar Nazi: I'm a cadet in the Grammar Nazi army. I'm not super-strict about it, but if you don't at least use the basic grammar, like punctuation and contractions, I'll get ticked.
- Gratuitous Japanese: My Fan Nickname "Chikara", as well as the Four Swords "Takibi (red)", "Jiyuu (blue)", and "Donyoku (purple)".
- Green Eyes: In Real Life.
- Guilty Pleasures: ERAGON IS A DEEP AND COMPELLING BOOK, OKAY?
- Heavy Sleeper: You have to be REALLY trying to wake me, 'cause once I'm asleep, I'll wake up when my body is satisfied.
- Hot-Blooded: Remember how I said nonexistent fuse? When I'm in an intense Brawl or Mario Kart match, my inner demons are unleashed.
- Idiot Hair: It was an accident at first, but now I purposely cut and style my hair to include an ahoge somehow.
- Important Haircut: Just in between my Character Development. I keep my hair short as a reminder of all that I went through, and to remind me why I changed for the better in the first place.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: I won't ever bring up how I feel about him. Now that he's married, how could I?
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: I like to think I'm kindhearted at times anyway. 8D; And I love cats.
- Limited Wardrobe: I go clothes shopping maybe once a year. To date, I have 5 black shirts, 5 black pants, one gray-striped jacket, and two pairs of shoes.
- Mary Sue: My fan characters and original characters. For every time of Mary Sue there is, at least one character of mine will inhabit most of them. Most likely, though, it's Purity Sue. I love perfection, and I think fiction is the best place to write out silly fantasies.
- Meganekko: Proud to have four eyes~
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Take a quick read of my fanfiction and you'll see why. Just don't tell me about it, it's very much an Old Shame.
- Must Have Caffeine: Starting from 2 years ago, I have a rather bad addiction to energy drinks. I hate coffee, though.
- NeoPaganism: I'm a Polytheist.
- Not a Morning Person: Not at all. It's best I'm awake no later than...oh, 1PM.
- Not Good with People: Extremely shy in Real Life AND online. If someone wants a conversation with me, they have to start it first. I never start conversations on the fear that I might bug them at a bad time.
- Old Shame: My old fanfics, as well as my older fanart. Also how I acted back on my first days on the internet.
- Playing with Fire: In all my Pokemon games, I always chose the fire starter. ALWAYS.
- Serious Business: You do NOT fucking mess with Nintendo.
- Shotacon: Never in Real Life, though.
- Shrinking Violet: Quite.
- Spoiler Hound: Don't leave me in the dark! TELL ME NOW!
- Sweet Tooth: I eat ice cream and candy more often than I should.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: I'm usually the girly-girl to my other girl friends.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Anybody who knows me knows I love, love, LOVE traditional spaghetti. Long spaghetti noodles, and Prego or Ragu tomato sauce. If they outlawed traditional spaghetti, I'd be public enemy number one on stolen and imported spaghetti.
- Tsundere: Type B. One side of the coin is the sweet, demure nice girl. Once you flip me out, though, my raging tsun-tsun comes in, ready to kick ass and take names!
- Turn the Other Cheek: I'm learning to do this. It's the only way to be a better person.
- Verbal Tic: They change often, usually from TV shows and video games I've just seen.
- Weapon of Choice: If I could learn to use a weapon, it would be staffs, spears, bow and arrows, or katanas.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: I just want a man who'll be a good father figure for me, and say "hey, you make me proud, and I wish you were my real daughter".
- Why Did It Have To Be Everything?: It would be easier to list things I didn't have irrational fears of.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Everyone is equal in my eyes, and it will be, or so help me. Reality can try to stop me, but I will see it happen, or die trying!
- Yaoi Fangirl: Oh yes.