There is an option now on your profile page
to use "compact" folders. This works pretty well for phone users and others who like less scrolling.
The face of evil. Maybe.
Alaskan gamin' chick
with her own TV Tropes
page. Proud and loyal Nintendo fan
. Enjoys using Emoticons
wherever I can. 8D Hello. Currently, I am a second-year college student majoring in Japanese.
If you ever want to see what's happening with me outside of TV Tropes
, you can find me at:
Now then, onto the troping. Cheers!
Fairy Red provides examples of:
- Afraid of Needles: Also Afraid of Blood, so I always dread the doctors taking my blood, and get nervous when I donate blood.
- All of the Other Reindeer: In elementary school. I made my first friend in middle school, and the other reindeer went away!
- Alternate Character Interpretation: My main method of writing and drawing fan stuff. Defying canon is a specialty of mine, though nowadays I try not to defile canon TOO much.
- Always Someone Better: So much angsting over artists who draw way better than me...
- Apologizes a Lot: Due to being rather shy and terribly clumsy in real life, I'm very much known for apologizing often. It's a borderline Catch Phrase for me.
- Author Appeal: I love short guys, and love tall girls. I love it when a guy is shorter than a girl in a romance. And I especially love it when a girl is older than a guy in a romance. Expect to see a lot of these in my future original stories.
- Author Avatar: the above image. The only thing my on-line avatar and I have in common is the red hair!
- Bad Liar: Even complete strangers can tell when I'm lying. The tell is usually a guilty smile and nervous laughing.
- Berserk Button: I have quite a few of them. I'm a mild case of Beware the Nice Ones once I lose my temper.
- Big Breasts, Big Deal: Yes, I'm a busty lady. No, I don't really care about that.
- Big Eater: I love, love, LOVE to eat. I'd eat my meal, my friends meal, and all the dessert, and still have room for more.
- Bi the Way: There have been women I've been attracted to.
- Blind Without 'Em: If I take off my glasses with one hand on the keyboard of this laptop, I couldn't even see my fingernails, or my knuckles.
- Braids, Beads and Buckskins: Alaskan Native, yo.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Or so my mom and sisters say. At least I know I am lazy!
- Book Dumb: I can remember all 649 Pokemon off the top of my head, but I canít even recall a line from Romeo and Juliet.
- Buffy Speak: Not so much online, where I can collect my thoughts better, but in Real Life, this happens a lot.
- Cannot Spit It Out: If someone were to write a story of my life, expect to be frustrated on the chapter where I teeter on the edge of telling the boy I like that I like him, only to bail and change the subject at the last minute.
- Captain Obvious: To my sisters, and possibly my friends. I'm usually the last one to figure out Easter Eggs and the like. And when I point them out, they always like to go "No, really?"
- Catch Phrase: On my dA page, I'm known to say "Peace out!", and "Enjoy!" a lot. In Real Life, my catchphrases now include "Oh, you must be joking!" to disappointment.
- Character Development: see Dangerous Sixteenth Birthday.
- Chaste Heroine: I'm interested in being in a relationship, no denying that. But I'd avoid if as long as I can.
- Cross Player: When there is a choice between playing a boy or a girl, I always choose to play as a boy. It has nothing to do with Fanservice, though. I just prefer male heroes to female heroes, despite being a girl myself.
- Cool Big Sis: At least I hope I'm this to my younger friends, and to my sisters!
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: My head is in the clouds so much, it takes a HEAVY dose of reality to knock me back down in Real Life. Online, though, all bets are off, and I can be as wacky as a wombat.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Much to the chagrin of my sisters. If I'm playing Mario Kart Wii, or mess up in a game in general, expect to hear "Goddammit!" in regular intervals. I've also added "oh FUCK!" in moments were something has gone wrong.
- Dangerous Sixteenth Birthday: Let's just say this birthday dropped a massive Drama Bomb on my life.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: My online avatar is. I'm more of a Pale Skinned Redhead.
- Deadpan Snarker: Online I can be/try to be like this. In real life, I'm more like Captain Obvious.
- Die for Our Ship: I'm guilty of this in the past, but I've really mellowed out starting in 2008.
- Dojikko: My lethal clumsiness is why I'm so deathly afraid of falling downstairs. It would be a pretty pathetic way to die. I also trip over things a lot, and more often than not knock over a glass of water, or kick over the computer when trying to get comfy. Watch out.
- Don't Explain the Joke: The reason why you must never tell a joke to me. I might have to ask you to explain it.
- Double Standard: I'm quite guilty of this.
- Everyone Is Bi: I strongly believe this.
- Fanboy: Nintendo's biggest fanboy. I support EVERYTHING they do, almost.
- Fangirl: You better believe it.
- Fan Nickname: Creator of the Fan Nickname "Chikara" for Toon Link. I called him Chikara because A) Calling him Yuuki [Courage] would be too obvious, and B) Chikara means "power", and the hero uses a lot of different powers in The Wind Waker.
- Fanon: I have my own The Legend of Zelda timeline, even in light of the official timeline. I believe it's more fun to play around with stories you like and make things up, rather than rigidly sticking to canon all the time.
- Fiery Redhead: My fuse for temper is nonexistent.
- Fingerless Gloves: I'm collecting these.
- Five-Man Band: If I was in one, I'd be The Chick without a doubt.
- Flat "What.": Usually when I hear something that I don't know or understand.
- Gamer Chick: Playing Nintendo games is a HUGE part of my life. I'm quite proud, too.
- Genre Blind: I'm either this, or Wrong Genre Savvy.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: When I remember to have a civil tongue, I use food instead of actual swear words.
- Got Me Doing It: I pick up habits, catch phrases, and verbal tics from EVERYWHERE. I sometimes catch myself acting like the main character of a game I was just playing!
- Grammar Nazi: I'm a cadet in the Grammar Nazi army. I'm not super-strict about it, but if you don't at least use the basic grammar, like punctuation and contractions, I'll get ticked.
- Gratuitous Japanese: My Fan Nickname "Chikara", as well as the Four Swords "Takibi (red)", "Jiyuu (blue)", and "Donyoku (purple)".
- Green Eyes: In Real Life.
- Guilty Pleasures: ERAGON IS A DEEP AND COMPELLING BOOK, OKAY?
- Heavy Sleeper: You have to be REALLY trying to wake me, 'cause once I'm asleep, I'll wake up when my body is satisfied.
- Hot-Blooded: Remember how I said nonexistent fuse? When I'm in an intense Brawl or Mario Kart match, my inner demons are unleashed.
- Idiot Hair: It was an accident at first, but now I purposely cut and style my hair to include an ahoge somehow.
- Important Haircut: Just in between my Character Development. I keep my hair short as a reminder of all that I went through, and to remind me why I changed for the better in the first place.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: I won't ever bring up how I feel about him. Now that he's married, how could I?
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: I like to think I'm kindhearted at times anyway. 8D; And I love cats.
- Limited Wardrobe: I go clothes shopping maybe once a year. To date, I have 5 black shirts, 5 black pants, one gray-striped jacket, and two pairs of shoes.
- Mary Sue: My fan characters and original characters. For every time of Mary Sue there is, at least one character of mine will inhabit most of them. Most likely, though, it's Purity Sue. I love perfection, and I think fiction is the best place to write out silly fantasies.
- Meganekko: Proud to have four eyes~
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Take a quick read of my fanfiction and you'll see why. Just don't tell me about it, it's very much an Old Shame.
- Must Have Caffeine: Starting from 2 years ago, I have a rather bad addiction to energy drinks. I hate coffee, though.
- NeoPaganism: I'm a Polytheist.
- Not a Morning Person: Not at all. It's best I'm awake no later than...oh, 1PM.
- Not Good with People: Extremely shy in Real Life AND online. If someone wants a conversation with me, they have to start it first. I never start conversations on the fear that I might bug them at a bad time.
- Old Shame: My old fanfics, as well as my older fanart. Also how I acted back on my first days on the internet.
- Playing with Fire: In all my Pokemon games, I always chose the fire starter. ALWAYS.
- Serious Business: You do NOT fucking mess with Nintendo.
- Shotacon: Never in Real Life, though.
- Shrinking Violet: Quite.
- Spoiler Hound: Don't leave me in the dark! TELL ME NOW!
- Sweet Tooth: I eat ice cream and candy more often than I should.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: I'm usually the girly-girl to my other girl friends.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Anybody who knows me knows I love, love, LOVE traditional spaghetti. Long spaghetti noodles, and Prego or Ragu tomato sauce. If they outlawed traditional spaghetti, I'd be public enemy number one on stolen and imported spaghetti.
- Tsundere: Type B. One side of the coin is the sweet, demure nice girl. Once you flip me out, though, my raging tsun-tsun comes in, ready to kick ass and take names!
- Turn the Other Cheek: I'm learning to do this. It's the only way to be a better person.
- Verbal Tic: They change often, usually from TV shows and video games I've just seen.
- Weapon of Choice: If I could learn to use a weapon, it would be staffs, spears, bow and arrows, or katanas.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: I just want a man who'll be a good father figure for me, and say "hey, you make me proud, and I wish you were my real daughter".
- Why Did It Have To Be Everything?: It would be easier to list things I didn't have irrational fears of.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Everyone is equal in my eyes, and it will be, or so help me. Reality can try to stop me, but I will see it happen, or die trying!
- Yaoi Fangirl: Oh yes.