"Why does Satan look like a 14-year-old girl?". Hello. Here are eleven things about myself: 1. I really, really like Teletext.
2. I love tea: it's my favourite drink and favourite food.
3. The longest I've been awake is 201 hours. Don't Try This at Home.
4. The first three tropes I read about here was Adorkable, Captain Obvious and Carpet of Virility.
5. I study medicine, which is great.
6. I'm interested in football, which people usually find rather surprising. Understandably so.
7. Iíve realised Iím something of an Informed Loner: Iíve got plenty of friends, for some reason, and yes, theyíre real. All of them. And, I might be quite shy and quiet, but I have no problem acting as if Iím not, my social skills are just fine and I can appear more extroverted and charismatic, if I want to.
8. I hate summer.
9. I am very calm, but not relaxed, nor lazy.
10. My foot type is Greek. I have no idea if that means anything.
11. I once owned a Finntroll album, but letís not talk more about that. Eh, tropes are more fun. (When you've finished the whole list - and I know you will - you're more than welcome to write something on my wall.)
- Adjusting Your Glasses
- Ambiguous Disorder: The psychiatric evaluation wasn't satisfying.
- Apologizes a Lot: Like, a lot. Including a lot of apologizing for apologizing (and, in turn for that...). Sorry in advance. (Yes, that was a sincere apology, I seriously do this, and it's very annoying. I know.)
- Backhanded Apology: Fine, I'll admit this sometimes happens. Occasionally. Not often.
- Be All My Sins Remembered
- Black Comedy
- "Blackmail" Is Such an Ugly Word
- Blood Lust: I don't drink it, no. I just like the colour and the flow and the... smell. And the warmth.
- Break Them by Talking: What, I'm obviously too weak to break anyone physically. And it's not like they cry every time. (You believe me when I say it's always justified, right?)
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Sometimes.
- Condescending Compassion
- The Confidant
- The Conscience
- Consummate Liar
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: And matching pallor, of course.
- The Cynic: I did have it suggested as a psychiatric diagnosis once, after all.
- Took a Level in Cynic: At the age of six, entering first grade. I didn't know about the actual concept by then, though. When I got it explained to me three years later my spontaneous response was, "Isn't that what common sense is?"
- Dark Shepherd
- Deadpan Snarker: I'm fluent in sarcasm since the age of four. It's not like I'm saving it for special occasions.
- Death Seeker: It's more of a mindset, rather than actual "seeking".
- According to me. Opinions vary.
- Despair Event Horizon: Line crossed. Yes.
- Determined Defeatist
- Dissonant Serenity
- Dude, Not Ironic
- The Empath: It's not like I have magical powers or anything. But I am very empathic - unhealthy so, I've been told.
- Facepalm: Common gesture.
- Fainting: The Real Life kind. Nothing emotional or psychological.
- Faux Covert Pervert: I may come off as a Covert Pervert sometimes, but I'm actually not perverted.
- What do you mean that makes no sense?
- Forgets to Eat
- The Gadfly
- Guilt Complex/It's All My Fault
- Hit Me, Dammit!: No, not like that. Verbally.
- It usually doesn't work at all, when I tell people to.
- Hypochondriac: More and more, thanks to med school. Like this.
- The Insomniac
- I Should Have Been Better: Should be.
- It Makes Sense in Context: And sometimes even the context makes sense.
- I Was Just Joking: I usually don't pothole to Sarcasm Mode or Humor Mode; I may if it in itself adds something.
- Manipulative Bitch
- May be a case of For Your Own Good.
- Mask of Sanity
- Older Than They Look
- One of Our Own
- Only sane person: Sometimes played straight, sometimes subverted.
- Our Elves Are Different
- The Power of Acting
- Power of Trust
- Proper Tights with a Skirt
- Revenge: If it doesn't feel good, you're not doing it right.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Obviously.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Obviously.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist
- Stealth Insult
- Talking Down the Suicidal
- The Teetotaler
- True Neutral: Been tested and all.
- Vigilante Woman
- Wanting to help people and caring about them is often nice but not always: I'm not sure about "good", really.
- This should be its own trope, by the way, if only for the clever name.
- Weakened by the Light: Literally, by sunlight. Very much so in the summer, it's usually okay during other seasons even though I prefer darkness.
- What You Are in the Dark: Invisible.
- And just how clever was it of me to spoiler-tag that?
- Yes, I mean something with it, too.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Because, you know, as fun as a Xanatos Gambit is, they're kinda rare.