Likes Pie. Oh, you wanted more? Very well then, have a lengthy description: Ekajra is the online persona of an otaku-gamer-writer currently dwelling in Minnesota. For as long as he can remember he has been playing video games, and in particular the Sonic the Hedgehog series. His favorite character is Knuckles, and stemming from this he has way too much knowledge in all things echidna related, be it in the games, the Archie comics, or real life. It's also the fandom he is most involved in on-line and in which he has written approximately 99% of his fanfiction. The first fanfic he recalls writing, however, was for Dragon Ball Z, written in the fourth grade (incidentally, it was really bad). Thus, it shall be duly noted that he is also quite the fan of animated television series and comic books originating from the nation of Japan. Some favorites include the aforementioned Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, and childhood nostalgia in the form of Pokémon and Digimon (through Johto for the former and the first three seasons of the latter). And yes, he is aware of the negative connotations of the word otaku but simply uses it in the Western sense of the word as a synonym for geek or nerd. In the addition to fanfiction he also creates original works on occasion, primarily short stories and a bit of poetry, though these are less often posted online. He has participated in and failed at NaNoWriMo twice. He intends to try again. A student of Latin and German, he is going to actually learn Japanese eventually (you know, apart from the random stuff he picks up from anime), and likely Greek and Hebrew in the future. His other talents/interests include acting, doodling, freerunning, and playing percussion instruments (drums and all that, with a wee bit of piano) and ocarina. He also likes pimping his website wherever he can. Oh, by the way, you can find just about anything he writes on either his website, hither or his deviantART, thither.
Tropes applicable to Ekajra
- Catch Phrase: "I like pie." is generally dropped in just about every other conversation. The phrase "I am a goat. Give me cheese!" is also used as part of a running gag which began in his Latin class and has since been translated, in part or whole, into various other languages. Exempli gratia: "Caper sum. Caesum mihi da." or "Ich bin eine Ziege. Gib mir Käse!"
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Primarily of the Wiki Möbius strip travelling variety. Frequently has to explain how the thing he just said connects to conversation at times... sometimes it doesn't. At all. Often Flanderizes this trait for comedic effect.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Lingua Latina and Nihongo (as well as Canis Latinicus and Engrish) are common. Deutsch is quickly becoming the most frequently used.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Why do you think this page was made? In addition, he left it with only the description and this trope for a few weeks before finally coming back to finish it.
- And then he didn't even finish it and only came back randomly later to point out said fact.