Tropers / Edge Of Oblivion
Guess I might as well get around to doing something with this page.
Describe Oblivion here. Uhm... that's ME and I'm not exactly sure where to start.
Well, basics first I guess. I'm a 26-year old formerly living in Arizona but recently relocated to Tennessee. From those who know these sorts of things I'm supposedly a fairly typical Gemini. I'm a gamer, a writer, and a passing artist. I'm trying to get a webcomic up and started
but it's slow going, due to losing touch with my artist and not really putting a lot of effort into finding a new one
Scratch that, it's in the works! (see Unpublished Works
below) I'm supposed to be going to school but that's on hold for a while, I'll eventually get back to it and hopefully end up teaching high school music.
This site is addicting.
Lady Macbeth/Puck/whatever name you go by here, I blame you. :P
As a result I've managed to complile a list of self-tropes. This will probably grow rapidly.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Oh so much.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I'm fairly smart, I just don't like doing work. This came back to bite me in high school when I couldn't just coast along anymore. I'm a bit better now, but not by much. Heh.
- Catch Phrase: I notice it a lot when I'm doing descriptive writing, such as Troping. If you see the phrase "X Person has their moments" or something similar, chances are I wrote it.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Have my moments, especially here...
- Cross Player: In Tabletop Games, I counted up once and had a fairly even split between male and female characters; however as luck would have it the ones in which I played females tended to be the ones that either lasted longer or were more influential/memorable to the group, while the ones where I played males were usually forgettable. In online games (Neverwinter Nights and World of Warcraft) I'll admit that a much greater majority of my characters were/are female.
- Evil Laugh: Mine scares my preacher.
- Gargle Blaster: I don't drink alcohol, but I'm known for going to restaurants with an open fountain and mixing anything with carbonation and caffiene. Bothers my friends more than it does me, though the results can be... odd sometimes.
- God Is Evil: A phrase used by one of my tabletop players referring to me as a DM.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: I'm known for referring to them, as well as the Penguin from Comedity.
- Gosh Dangit To Heck: I'm not fond of swearing, having been raised in a household where all swearing was punished, and "darn" was considered just as bad as the F-Bomb. (Long story.) Even after leaving the house I still have that aversion, leading to much of this and Unusual Euphemism.
- I Have Many Names: The list is getting obscenely long. At least one of my former IDs here, Axioanarchist, was abandoned simply because 1) the name was a short-lived fad anyway and 2) I forgot my password >_>
- I Like Swords: I own a few swords, mostly shortswords. So does my brother, but he falls more into Katanas Are Just Better.
- Indy Ploy: In tabletop/online games, this is about as much of a Plan B as I ever have.
- Kill It with Fire: I'm a pyro, I've admitted it for years. Every one of my friends knows it.
- Knife Nut: I like pointy things.
- More Dakka: I love guns. I love guns that fire fast.
- Nakama: At least two - my offline gaming group and a very very close online one.
- Unpublished Works: I have a lot of projects stuck in limbo for one reason or another. See below.
- Unusual Euphemism: A large sample of my more commonly-used ones is on the Troper Tales page.
- Wiki Walk: Here, That Other Wiki, and in my normal sprawling spiderweb of thought train tracks.
More is surely to come...
Pages I've created or submitted for (more than just one or two minor edits):
And now that I've discovered Darth Wiki
's Unpublished Works
page, perhaps I can get some work done on a few of my own personal side projects... listed below are the work-in-progress names, obviously they're going to be red links due to not existing until I get the Unpublished Works pages up. Yes, this is a shameless plug for anyone interested in helping :)
- Final Fantasy Homage: A series of theoretical games written in Final Fantasy-esque settings... not Fan Sequels of any particular game in the original series, but rather my own attempt at making a FF game just to see if I can do it. Planning on using RPGMaker2003 due to my preference for its combat system and my half-decent ability to edit FF6 sprites. Expect Nintendo Hard - my greatest complaint about every game after VII is that they're too easy. Currently have four storylines, one complete - tenatively titled Final Fantasy Odyssey - and three either partially complete or in concept - Final Fantasy Enigma, Final Fantasy Sojourn, and one as of yet unnamed.
- Kingdom of Kandar: A four-part, mostly-complete storyline originally planned to be a quartet of games that I would now love to turn into a webcomic. Story is all but complete on the first three Books, and completely outlined all the way through to the end, just need to finish up... the thing is that I need an artist, my own drawing skills are subpar and I don't have a scanner or anything similar anyway.
- Random Encounter: Another former-game-idea-now-turned-webcomic storyline I'd love to do. This one is completely finished with the first draft, just going through with the second and tweaking things, and again just lacking an artist.
- IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!! ... Not quite yet but it's in the works! HUZZAH!!
- Terra-Course: Yet another idea for a game that's popped up. I'd love to do this one as a hack of Chrono Trigger, save for two problems: one, Squeenix tends to squish those quickly like little bugs, and two, I need a spriter...
That's all for now, folks. Move On, Nothing To See Here...