Hello, this is the Earl of Sandvich here! My name is Chris [DATA EXPUNGED]note
I've been around this here wiki since the Spring of 2010, and most of the edits I do around here relate to the technical stuff, such as the relocation of wicks or namespacing old works pages to an appropriate medium. I post on the forums too, and hang around Forum Games, It Just Awes Me, the Video Games media subforum, a bit of Yack Fest and the Workshop forums in general.
As for my current status, I am bored (well, aren't we all). TV Tropes ruined my life
, but at the same time it enhances it
and has in fact introduced me to a few works
. I am also a self-proclaimed Video Game systems index curator, making sure that everything is properly indexed, capitalized and namespaced.
As of now, I am the Herald for the It Just Awes Me!
subforum, so don't be afraid to PM me if you have any questions about it.
Oh, and if you're looking for a wall to "vandalize" my account. I'd recommend PMing me instead. I will add the contents of the "Vandalism" PM to this page.
open/close all folders
Tidbits 'bout me
- Age: 23
- Birthday: November 5
- Current residence: Idaho
- Major: Geography, Class of December '12
- Minor: International Studies
- Interests: Gaming, surfing the internet, bicycling/walking, foreign cuisine, looking into international events/cultures
- Politics: Libertarian, heavily on the civil regard
- Economic: Pro-Free market and Pro-Consumer; largely minarchist in this regard
- Social: Staunchly towards free speech/expression rights, Staunch secularist, LGBT ally, believes one has the right to choose what to do with his own body
- Foreign Policy: Largely pragmatic; Liberal with a few elements of Realist; intervention should be a last-resort option
- Religion: Agnostic Atheistnote
So what the hell do I do on this wiki anyways?
- Mainly namespace transferrals (of course... peoples, stop, I beg you, STOP referring to works without a namespace (or worse, referring ANY wick as "Main/"; I mean c'mon, it's such a useless artifact anyhow, more on that later), for our collective sakes please!)
- Occasionally fix the all-too-damn-common "its-it's confusion" (Take it away, Strong Bad!)
- When I spot a hottip around, I replace it with a [[note]] tool. I hope that I'll never EVER see a hottip again, the same way I'd look at ptitles.
- Alphabetizing entries, because it makes all kinds of sense and reduces clutter. If the case is that it's a work within a series, I'd sort the series examples in chronological order.
- I used to chime in at times at the Complete Monster cleanup, felt I gave all the input I could based upon the works I actually know, but I keep an eye out now and then.
- Removing artifacts (tropers' notes are not artifacts and I treat them all with respect, however there are features that no longer have use in the wiki (coloring, strikethroughs and text expansion), as well as those <<|Index|>> things with just as much use to a wiki page)
- Spacing (Paragraphs obviously are spaced, but between examples there is just no need, neither is there such need between folder markups and the examples themselves, although I do agree that there should be a space between folders)
Pages he created (not including namespace transferals)
- And I also had brought up dividing the Funny.The Nostalgia Critic section into years given the sheer volume of that section... and created those pages (leading up to 2011)... umm... yay me for such a useless accomplishment? :P
Stuff I Like
There's not a lot here right now, but it will be expanded in time
Anime and Manga
Live Action TV
Other Stuff (please PM me to have a message of choice below. Thank you!)
For shits'n'giggles (and coz I'm jumpin' on a bandwagon). Feel free to add yourself here.
- I'm the first! -glompscarfsnuggles- :3 ...Though I bet you'd want Jess here, eh? :P -The Mike
- Whoooo~ I love cuddling! Especially with Mister Sandvich! -Nerd Bird
- I'd join, but I don't like cuddling all that much. -Murky Muse
- Hey, wha happend? I could've sworn I've been here before! —Sean Murray I
- Woah Hi there. JR Pictures
- Your page seriously needs some more vandalimonials. Your sammichs are tasty, btw. -noms one she found on the kitchen table- ~Eyefish
- I'd like to thank you for not having seven evil exes. ~Kylodious
- Oh yes. They float. They all float. And you'll float too! Too mainstream? :/ ~Aralyn
- I'm not gonna pay a lot for this muffler! —Sean Murray
- Added to list for your enjoyment. and for funzies. And for being a fellow Chris.- Chrissie Mc Napkins
- Vandalizing to say hello to yet another fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and to say that avvy of Fluttershy in a present box is so adorable! NES
- I feel like I could spend all day fighting against you on Good Vs Evil. You've got impressive ninja skills, sir. -Mokona Zero
- I don't think I've ever vandalized you yet, so you're vandalized. Hope you don't mind! - Shane
- Sandviches! Sandviches everywhere! -Murky Muse
- Sandvich~, sandvich~, hahaha! — Boxen
- Moist and delicious. Hahaha! — Boxen
- Man eat machine, machine eat man. — Boxen
- -inspects the furniture, lies down on the floor- mrowwrrrrr
- I am the itchiest jumper in my world - Porschelemans
- Leaving a mark here. - Quag15
- I liiiiiiiiiiiive!~ — Boxen
- I am the king of the ninjas - Porschelemans
- Speed always wins. If that is true, then that would mean that intelligence would always lose. That makes absolutely no sense at all. - S Bane N
- And it would appear that this sandwich has been struck yet again with— hey, hold on. Why's it moving? Is that the difference between a sandwich and a sandvich? — S Bane N
- ... So, vandalized again, although I prefer to vandalize inside the folder rather than outside. Just in case. Better safe than sorry, after all. Right? —- S Bane N
- Ello, Earl. :) -Murky Muse
- I can't believe I haven't already vandalized your page. I was going to write a funny limerick here to make up for my terrible negligence, but I don't know any. - Alma
- The comment that used to be here has been [REDACTED] Please stand by for a new deliciously insane comment by your favorite battery-licker. ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Hello, we should chat more often, Mister Sandvich! ^_^ -Nerd Bird
- Vandalization is hereby accomplished. - Quag15
- Murky Muse Was Here.
- This is eternal Noob, fanning the flames of your passion...More classics coming your way, so stay tuned...
- [HIDDEN] Like the Shadow of a ghost... [HIDDEN] Like the shadow of a ghost... [CAUTION]Like the shadow of a ghost...
- GRAPE SODA BANKED ~Panctice Squad Cutterback
- Your vandalism has just sprung a leak. Better watch out. ~Rockonman