Mostly a placeholder until I feel like making something more of it. (Aside: geez, my name looks dumb as a wiki word. Maybe I should've just gone with "Doogie.")
My name is Doogie. I'm Canadian. I write a hockey blog
, I work in a research lab, I study kinesiology, and I suspect at this point I watch more British TV
than Canadian or American; I know I enjoy more.
My favourite Doctor
is Christopher Eccleston
, though David Tennant
has finally grown on me (though not for lack of effort on the part of a certain showrunner...you think you're really clever with that Space Jesus
shit in Voyage of the Damned
, don't you, Davies?) And I was extremely saddened by Donna's Victory Induced Amnesia
turning her back into an unlikable bint almost immediately after her Crowning Moment Of Awesome
Current TV roster:
Retired TV roster (incomplete):
- The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. - So much potential wasted. Bruce Campbell in a steampunk western Affectionate Parody...with Aliens. How did it turn out so mediocre?
- Alias - That Super Bowl episode was awesome. And then in season three it got really fucked up, and then it got worse from there.
- Andromeda - This is what happens when you give the lead actor creative control.
- Big Brother - Too many unrepentant douchebags for my liking.
- Charmed - I was 13, I can be forgiven. Also, the series ended after three or four years. Just saying.
- Corner Gas
- Criminal Minds - Squick
- CSI: Miami - David Caruso; tried again recently, got distracted by how bloody shiney it was. Spelling intentional.
- Diagnosis: Murder - One of the first shows I watched with my parents.
- Ghost Hunters - The gimmick's worn off on me.
- I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! - I'm not proud of it.
- Jake 2.0 - So obscure it doesn't even have a TV Tropes page, apparently.
- Jeeves and Wooster - Mom got me into this. Before he was Dr. Jerk, he was the consummate Upper-Class Twit. Got bored of it in season two when they started doing the same story about some annoying secondary character every week.
- Jericho - They lost a lot of people with the Cerebus Syndrome-esque turn for the dramatic halfway through season one. Was awesome later but everyone stopped giving a shit long before then.
- The Joe Schmo Show
- John Doe
- Martial Law - Went all weird.
- The Mentalist - Thoroughly unlikeable jackass.
- The Mole - ABC keeps jerking this one around, but it really is a fun little distraction.
- Monk - Too much squirming
- Murder In Small Town X - Cool concept; too bad it never got a second season.
- Now and Again
- NUMB3RS - Too much Writer on Board, thanks
- Quantum Leap - When Scott Bakula could act
- Stargate SG-1 - Never got into it; too much syndication, I guess.
- Stargate Atlantis
- Star Trek - Various series; gave up on Enterprise after the Time War nonsense started.
- The Amazing Race - Too many format changes.
- The Last Detective - Peter Davison assumes it's cancelled, and who am I to argue with Tristan and The Doctor?
- The Others - Great premise, inconsistent execution.
- The Pretender - Quite liked this one, actually.
- Without a Trace - Too much soap opera.