"Screw it!"101darkmonkey is a comedy duo from Kansas that consists of Ian and Aaron. Their main platform is YouTube.
—Ian's Catch Phrase
The show provides examples of:
- A.I. is a Crapshoot: Averted in "Evil Fortune Cookie", when the vacuum cleaner wants to clean their house.
- Big "NO!": Ian gives one in "INSANE PAPER CUT!" when Aaron cuts off his hand.
- Catch Phrase: Ian's "Screw it!"
- He seems to use the word "freaking" a lot.
- In the vlogs, there are multiple.
- "What's up, guys, welcome to the vlog!"
- "Bam! Just like that, it is [time]/we are at [location]!"
- "Monkey tail out! (swings camera back)"
- Cliffhanger: A HUGE one in "Dear Santa". They come to the conclusion that Santa Claus is not dead, but Ian is still skeptical. In the morning, they look under the tree, and Ian has a shocked look on his face. Cue credits.
- Disney Death: Ian and Aaron LOVE this trope. Most of the time it is subverted.
- Drugs Are Good: The ending of "Kid Goes To Jail!"
- Gretzky Has the Ball: In "Little Slugger", Aaron wants to be as good in baseball as Michael Jordan.
- Rage Quit / Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After Aaron is hesitant to continue his turns on Chutes and Ladders, Ian flips the game board.
- Stealth Pun: In "INSANE PAPER CUT!":
Aaron: Well, I'm gonna go, but if you need a hand, call me.
- Take Off Your Clothes: Aaron tells Ian to do this in "Leaf Blower: The Documentary".
- They Killed Kenny Again: After Ian or Aaron dies, they just come back to life in the next video, no questions asked.
- Word Salad Title: Word of God says that Ian and Aaron just came up with a random name and threw it in there.