Tropers / Deaths Apprentice
Hello, netizens! I'm Deaths Apprentice
. I'm a college student studying bioengineering, and I'm addicted to shows that I am way too old for. I tend to hang out on Western Animation
and fantasy webcomics tropes pages, and on rare occasion, I'll go onto certain live action television and comic book pages. Sometimes, if I find a page for a show I've watched, a book I've read, etc., that needs more love, I'll spend days fleshing that page out because stub pages make me feel sad.
These are a few of Deaths Apprentice's favorite things:
Tropes that apply to Deaths Apprentice:
- Adorkable: ...at least I'd like to think I am. Well, I'm dorky, at least.
- Against My Religion: I find myself saying this a lot.
- Asexuality: Also aromantic.
- Big Eater: What can I say? Food is good!
- Bollywood Nerd: Yeah. Sorry.
- Brainy Brunette: Having black hair counts as being a brunette, right?
- Conversational Troping
- Crossdresser: In the loosest sense of the term, since I only wear men's—I mean, unisex (but let's be real, they're men's)—shirts.
- Deadpan Snarker: I've been told I'm a very sarcastic person. (But apparently, I'm sarcastic in a nice way. Not sure how that works.)
- Extreme Doormat: I have a hard time standing up for myself.
- Favorite Trope: Hmmm. I'm rather fond of Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy, and Stereotype Flips in general. I also love Vocal Dissonance. I also love Freaky Friday Flips.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: Sort of. I maintain that we don't actually know that we're not on a TV show (or in a book, movie, comic book...) in an alternate universe. Most of the characters we think of as fictional don't know that they're "fictional," after all. So, accordingly, I treat my life like a TV show and take opportunities to try and break the fourth wall, just to freak out the potential audience. My friends think I'm nuts.
- Fragile Flower: More so when I was younger, but even now I can be very sensitive, and sometimes, if someone even looks at me a little oddly, I'll think they HATE ME FOREVER WAAAAAAAAH WHAT DID I DO WHY DO THEY HAAAAAAATE ME? and cry. A lot.
- Genre Savvy: Generally.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: On occasion, my life doesn't function as much like a TV show as I would expect.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: I own a lot of stuffed animals, and I sleep with two teddy bears.
- Guilty Pleasure: What? I don't have any guilty pleasures, don't be ridiculous!
- I Just Want to Be Badass
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks: Used to have this attitude, especially in middle school.
- Meta Gal: Consequence of being a troper.
- Nerd: WHAAAA? Who'd've thunk it?
- Older Than They Look: I've been told that I look younger than 21. However, my mother claims I look like I'm 30. So who knows, really?
- Precision F-Strike: I don't curse a lot, so when I do, it's for situations when I'm really angry.
- Princess Phase: Averted! I can proudly say that I've never wanted to be a princess!
- Shrinking Violet: When I was younger. I've grown out of it.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: I've been told that I seem really cold and standoffish to people before they get to know me. One of my friends said that, personality-wise, I seemed to resemble Maud Pie (Pinkie Pie's emotionless and stoic sister) when she first met me. I'm really warm and compassionate, though, but I guess I don't express it well to people who don't know me.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life/TV Tropes Ruined Your Life: *cries* Curse you, TV Tropes!
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: Tropes have manages to slip into my conversations with friends without my knowledge. I didn't notice this until a friend asked me what I meant by Fridge Brilliance. Whoops.
- TV Tropes Will Enhance Your Life: But there's that, too. (Deliberately not in alphabetical order because I like saving the good for last.)
- TV Tropes as a Gateway Drug: TV Tropes has introduced me to way too many series and webcomics to list.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: I believe people are fundamentally good. I might be wrong, but I still choose to believe, dammit!