- Yeah, yeah, I know... Get my mind back up into the gutter where it belongs.—Darkstarr, teasing his brother Reki.I hate talking about myself. Other people are so much more interesting.—Darkstarr
Darkstarr's many interests include:
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
Movies and Television
Tropes associated with Darkstarr:
- A Darker Me: More outgoing online than in Real Life.
- Afraid of Needles
- Author Appeal: Enjoys fanfic and novels involving BDSM and/or Yuri
- Badass Long Coat
- Berserk Button: Don't ever call him a devil-worshipper. Or pick on his brother.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Black Cloak / Cool Top Hat: Has been known to wear both from time to time.
- Boy Next Door
- Brainy Brunette
- Brains and Bondage: Will talk your ear off about the philosophy of BDSM if asked.
- Casual Kink
- Cat Girl: Likes to play one online. Also occasionally plays a Catboy in Real Life, largely for the Weirdness Coupon. ("When you do something crazy as a human, people think you're insane. When you do it as a feline, people just say 'typical cat'.")
- Cheshire Cat Grin
- Chivalrous Pervert: With a bit of Ethical Slut thrown in just for fun.
- Covert Pervert: He likes to act normal in public.
- Cross Player: Because he loves to look at female characters in sexy outfits.
- Dark and Troubled Past: But therapy helped.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker / The Snark Knight: Has remarked that he could probably out-deadpan Tommy Lee Jones given the opportunity. And enjoys taking potshots at himself from time to time.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Likes to dye his hair raven black from time to time.
- Fan Nickname: Was dubbed "the Mad Scientist" by his classmates in college.
- Fetishes: But will not discuss this openly (NSFW).
- Freaky Is Cool
- Geeky Turn-On: More than a few, including catgirls, Gamer Ladies, Sailor Mars and Sailor Mercury, Rinoa Heartilly, and cute female cosplayers.
- Genre Savvy: "The Evil Overlord List is my bible!"
- G.I.F.T.: Averted. Even online, he tries to be considerate of others, even when posting anonymously.
- Gratuitous Japanese / Gratuitous French
- Gray Eyes: Appears to be types 2 and 5, but this is really just an act.
- Human Alien: Describes himself as a changeling.
- I Just Want to Be Loved
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: And so is his brother. The two of them like to joke about being Crazy Cat Guys.
- Kuudere: Type 2, when not being Dandere
- Learning Japanese from Watching Anime
- Leitmotif: "Weird Science" and "Nasty Habits", both from Oingo Boingo
- Loser Protagonist
- Mad Scientist: Gleefully describes himself as this. Partially justified in that he used to study electronic engineering in college.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Enjoys playing evil characters, but is really polite and caring.
- Mind Screw
- Mr. Imagination: To the point of creating imaginary worlds just for fun.
- Not a Morning Person: And how! Is frequently up all night, and prefers to sleep in until noon.
- Not Good with People: Type one.
- Otherkin: (see Human Alien, above.)
- Pardon My Klingon: Frequently uses "frell", "shavashri", and "freebirth" when swearing.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Unabashedly so. Even admits to enjoying live-action roleplaying.
- Pungeon Master
- Raised Pentacostal: And left to become Neo-pagan.
- Really 700 Years Old: And likes to quote the Fourth Doctor — "Life begins at seven hundred and fifty."
- Rebellious Spirit: "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
- Relative Button: "Mess with me, okay. Mess with my brother, prepare to die."
- Resident Freak: But never to the point of causing trouble.
- Single Guy Seeks Good Woman: Preferably of the Understanding Girlfriend or Magical Girlfriend type. One True Threesome optional.
- Spell My Name With Two "R"s
- Steam Punk: He's been known to do this to unsuspecting Nerf blasters from time to time.
- The Mad Hatter: See Human Alien above. Also has a skewed view of reality. (Or is it all just an act?)
- The Quiet One
- The Red Mage: Very much so online. To a lesser degree, in real life too. Darkstarr knows a lot about a wide variety of occult topics from long-term fascination with the strange and unusual.
- The Teetotaler: By personal choice, but doesn't believe in forcing others to be one.
- Tranquil Fury: You'd be amazed at his level of self-control... even when Axe-Crazy angry.
- True Neutral: "Don't care" variety.