Tropers: Claystripe 6514
What's up!? I'm the author of Claystripe's Chapter-by-Chapter Reviews on the Warriors Official Forum, where I go through books in Warrior Cats... and, well, review it chapter-by-chapter. Also, I started the character page for Starship and the Tear Jerker page for A Very Potter Musical. Yay! Double yay! Oh, and I also have this idea for a Magnum Opus superhero Reconstruction thing that I've been building up the mythos for years now. Probably will never see the light of day, due to the fact that a) everyone does superhero Reconstructions these days and b) I didn't start writing it down until recently, so I'd have to go back and do it all over again. Oh, and no one would read it.Write stuff here if you want! "Stuff" -Geoduck
Works I Enjoy
- Arby 'n' the Chief
- Assassin's Creed
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (and Legend Of Korra)
- Batman (all of it)
- BIONICLE: (RIP, Buddy, you got me through my childhood.)
- Forza Motorsport
- Harry Potter
- LEGO Crossover Game
- Pixar (everything they make except for Wall-E... and Cars 2... and now Brave. Dang it, Pixar...)
- Red vs. Blue (and Rooster Teeth in general)
- Sly Cooper
- Star Wars (also, pretty much all of it)
- Team StarKid
- That Guy with the Glasses
- Top Gear
- Transformers (all of it)
- VG Cats
- Video Games Awesome!
- Warrior Cats (duh)
- Young Justice
- Yugioh The Abridged Series
- And a ton more that I forget, 'cause I'm an airhead.
Examples of Tropes from Claystripe's Life
- Brilliant, but Lazy: I should be ruling the world right now, but I'm far too happy playing video games and watching various internet videos to bother trying. For a more realistic application of the trope, I seem to get the same or better grades then all of my smart friends without studying half as much.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: I have traces of this.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ooooh, yes.
- Fiery Redhead: From time to time.
- Iconic Item: My beaten up Bible. It goes with me everywhere.
- Ill Boy: I have IBS, which means that I've got stomach aches of varying degrees pretty much 24/7.
- Insufferable Genius: Definitely not genius, but I'm not willing to pretend that I'm unintelligent just to fit in.
- Lampshade Hanging: I'm the only person I know who has done this on Real Life. After spending a week sitting around in the Leadership office in school for no reason other than it was the first place I could find to do homework and making friends with all the Leadership kids, I managed to get to watch everyone but me work their butts off while I just sat around. Thus, after a school reporter ran through asking everyone what their job was, my new leadership friends described my answer as the most surreal thing they'd ever heard.
Clay: "I just kinda showed up. I don't even know why I'm here."
- Mistaken for Gay: Quite often. I used to be rather insecure about it, but I now honestly don't give a rip.
- Nerd: My preferred self-description, though I suppose Geek fits just as well, if not better.
- Nice Guy: Compared to most people at my school, at least. Even my worst enemies admit that I'm more courteous then they are. ...Wait, does calling yourself a Nice Guy disqualify you from being one?
- Only Sane Man: I often feel like this. Which is weird, because I'm also a Cloud Cuckoo Lander.
- Schedule Slip: I had a YouTube channel that was supposed to be used for my random musings. Then my web cam broke.
- And now, due to school and life, my once weekly updates for my Warriors reviews have slipped to about once a month.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Not as extreme as some, but, as one church leader put it brilliantly-
Bryce: "Clay, before I met you, I'd only ever heard the word suffix inside of school. Now I'm relieved that you just used a two-syllable word."
- Small Name, Big Ego: Definitely. This whole page is just one big ego trip to someone who just writes text reviews on the subject's forums.
- Verbal Tic: "...and stuff" and/or my weird little choking laugh end pretty much two out of three of all of my sentences.