I'm basically Syd Barrett minus the artistic ability, good looks, and charisma.
I fancy myself an "artist"—that is, creative writing, music, and a bit of drawing. I like wasting time on the internet and I have a weird sense of humor. There's little else that I can think of to say about myself at this juncture, but I'll add more to this page if and when I think of something worthwhile to say. Cheerio.
This troper's life provides examples of:
- Precision F-Strike: I usually save serious profanity for moments when it will have an especial effect; i.e., either when it will make a good joke better, or when I'm absolutely fuming and profanity is a good way to help get the point across.
- Epileptic Trees: It was this trope which convinced me that I need to actually put stuff on this page. Mostly because I just love, love, love coming up with these, usually involving songs (i.e., "Maggie May" is actually about Rod Stewart's brief stint as a gravedigger, "John, I'm Only Dancing" is about a guy who runs around stealing people's coffee, etc).
- Eating Lunch Alone: I'm homeschooled now, but back in the day I did this more times than I'd care to admit.
- Food Fight: Subverted (I think): I very nearly participated in one of these back in sixth grade, but unfortunately couldn't get out of the lunch line in time. Perhaps it was for the best, because the principal was livid about it and set about hunting down and punishing everyone who had participated.
- Badass Bookworm: Or perhaps just a case of Small Name, Big Ego.
- Thread Necromancer: I've done this a few times, usually because I was silly enough to not read the dates on the posts.
- Ninja Editor: I'm so guilty it's not even remotely funny. I invariably edit any given online post of mine at least once, probably twice or more, before finally leaving it alone.
- Orwellian Editor: Not a full-on embodiment by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't see some of myself in the trope description.
- Serial Tweaker: Guilty too.
- Grammar Nazi: I'm not snarky about it, but poor grammar just drives me crazy.
- Spelling Nazi: Poor spelling bugs me even more because with today's technology it takes much less effort to prevent and/or fix.
- Gratuitous French: Inverted. I took French for two years and hated it so much that I've vowed to stay away from it for the rest of my life. It's a perfectly logical course of action, n'est-ce pas?
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: I'm just not a horror fan. Period. Probably due to my being...
- Ms Imagination: This is totally me. I tend to be utterly oblivious to the world around me, being more occupied with, say, my characters or what so-and-so dead rock star said in 1967 then the outside world. I am also extremely, extremely prone to Imagine Spots, to the point of being notorious for it in my family. Every other thing anyone says to me leads to a hysterical mental image.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: I think I embody this too, at least to an extent. Your Mileage May Vary.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: I think I avert (or invert?) this. That and Teens Are Monsters.
- Bi the Way: 'Nough said.
- Character Blog: I have a few Facebook profiles for my characters, as do some writer friends of mine.
- Bizarro Fiction: Some of the stuff on my blog might qualify.
- Race Against the Clock: The premise of said blog—I write a story (or story installment, or nonfiction piece) in 20 minutes flat.
- Nervous Wreck: Yeeeeeaahhh.
- Erudite Stoner: Or so I like to think.
- Chaotic Good: Also "or so I like to think." I tend to be a lone wolf and have something of a stubborn individualistic nature, however I do have something of a moral code. *shrug*
- Ethical Slut