Tropers / Bydosystem
I have been lurking Tvtropes since 2011 and I continue to enjoy reading this wiki.
I love retsupurae and seeing wacky and comedic series, grimdark or gritty just bores me. The news are already whiny enough to cover grimdark doses for anyone except grimdark enthusiasts.
I aspire to enjoy my time in the forums around here too.
Media I've enjoyed, in no particular order:
Tropes applicable to me:
- The AntiNihilist: With a dose of Blue and Orange Morality.
- Aloof Big Brother: Downplayed with me talking to my younger brother on a consistent basis but I really don't mind him too much. Then again, I am quite aloof in general and at a high degree too. Amusingly enough, I dare say I am the most irreverent and talkative brother of this kind towards my younger brother, so, how much I am this trope is quite subjective.
- Ambiguously Brown: I enjoy swimming under the sun for an hour a day, so I have a slight tan.
- Bishounen: Looking more like my mom easily makes me this.
- Character Alignment: Neutral Good of the passive kind.
- Country Mouse: Due to my asthma, I don't have much capacity for enjoying the outdoors too much, but I'm proud that I grew in a quiet small town, which was only big compared to the outlying small towns on the road to the capital.
- Driven by Envy: Downplayed because, while my dad's side of the family are very much this trope, I readily accept that I feel it too and use it as fuel for learning new skills or knowledge without the nasty feelings that come from it.
- Easy Amnesia: I have the ability to forget knowledge easily, which is quite convenient when dealing with rudeness. Granted, if I want to remember something well, I add it to an Anki deck and see it until I know it.
- Empty Shell: I didn't cultivate deep interest in any hobby, so when talking I get the nagging feeling I am this.
- Gut Feeling: A firm believer in that they indicate attention must be paid to whatever causes them, since they are more reminders than warnings.
- Hulk Speak: I love to talk in a vivid manner, which expresses my ideas at least somewhat to my listener. My thought stream though, is purely in simple but complete statements, which is this trope. I noticed, this trope in its employment, even mentally, leaves me with much mirth.
- Lack of Empathy: Downplayed in that I attempt to read a person constantly so I can understand how they feel while not feeling what they do, but I'm getting better at developing true empathy.
- Japanese Pronouns: I like using atashi, but the implications of explaining keep me using watashi as long as I can.
- Minimalism: I am sold on it, which strikes most people as odd given I was a textbook Spoiled Brat well into my high school graduation.
- Raised Catholic: Sunday Catholic, I make an attempt to follow doctrine, but really FailureIsTheOnlyOption is in full play when following religion, it's too easy to incur by excess in intent, which comes with trying in earnest. I also make no display of my Catholicism, I believe religion is more holy when it's not announced easily.
- Sadist: Pain is a beauty to behold. I know how evil it is too, so I limit myself to just enjoying teasing and slight pains. I don't appreciate seeing excessive pain since my humanities show up and remind me that that's too much.
- Tarot Motifs: I enjoy them ever since playing the first Persona 4, despite it bothering me a bit given it's name, High Priestess is the card that fits me the most due to my behind the scenes way of acting. If things are pretty smooth, I am The World because I literally live my own world when at peace.
- The Teetotaler: I can drink but alcohol in all it's variants tastes like a medicinal burn. That aside, I don't want to be drunk and let slip how I really feel about people around me, it would likely be nasty.